Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 98 Discussion

Oh, yes. For some reason I totally forgot that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Oh, yes. For some reason I totally forgot that!
    Yes but ichigo didn't use it in his fight with Zaraki.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    The trend has usually been the bankai contains the Zanpakutou's name in it and that light thing (which made absolutely no sense) was called Saigyoku Nijigasumi....sounds a lot like a bankai name to me.
    If Ichinose had a bankai, his name would have to be recorded in SS history, which we know is impossible because this is a filler.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    I don't believe Ichinose used his bankai. He just had quite a bit of reiatsu and gave it his all. Kenpachi didn't even take of his eye patch at the end, so he didn't really give it his all.

Excellent animation and relatively entertaining episode.

Genin
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmetal505
    I don't believe Ichinose used his bankai. He just had quite a bit of reiatsu and gave it his all. Kenpachi didn't even take of his eye patch at the end, so he didn't really give it his all.

Excellent animation and relatively entertaining episode.
    but didn't zaraki kenpachi take off his eye-patch to release his reiatsu just to escape ichinose's zanpakutou's attack?

I think when Ken says he "gave it his all" what he was basically saying was "I didn't hold back". Essentially his way of saying "I killed him" to Yachiru. That's the impression I got from what was said, and what their expressions were.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    Yes but ichigo didn't use it in his fight with Zaraki.
    Are you sure about that? If you remember in that fight, when the both charged at each other for the final attack, Ichigo's reiatsu took the shape of a giant Hollow mask.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Well...Ichinose did flee from SS so I dont think he had gotten his Bankai yet and he could have gotten it when hanging around with the Bounto.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .noname.silent
    but didn't zaraki kenpachi take off his eye-patch to release his reiatsu just to escape ichinose's zanpakutou's attack?
    yes, but only enough to crack the orb. He has way more than he used.

@ Neo

don't you mean couldn't instead of could

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Are you sure about that? If you remember in that fight, when the both charged at each other for the final attack, Ichigo's reiatsu took the shape of a giant Hollow mask.
    I don't remember that, I'd have to rewatch the episode.

You should. It was pretty cool. And at the time was some kickass forshadowing.

This episode was nice, I enjoyed it. Like I said before Zaraki being killed by Ichinose was but a faint dream. I knew that he wouldn't dissappoint, that damn sikey haired bastard.

Ichinose did have his moment in the sun and it was about time that moment ended. I must say I understand his reasoning but I dispised his character, he was selfish and a spoiled child. A misguided child, ready to be someone else's tool that forge his own way of living. He even denied his true identity (shinigami) and sort to be something else. He was weak, not only in strength but also in will power. I do feel for him, his master/ idol being killed infront of his eyes and all. But I dislike the fact that he made a mockery of what his master was a part off by trying to destroy it. What a fool.

This episode re-enforced my views of Zaraki. He is just so damn cool. He is what he is and nothing more, and he has more of a brain that you give him credit for, and alot more compassionate. Not to mention that he is just so damn powerful, I can't wait to see what he would be like when he can actually become one with his sword, that would be just so damn cool. The blood lust and purity of battle that is reflected in his character is admirable. He is one of my favorite characters in the show after all.

Episode 98 really have shown us how weak Ichigo has become or rather unfocused and weak willed. I hope the old Ichigo shows up sometime soon. As far as Urahara being lazy and teaching Ichigo nothing, that is just a load of bull. What he has taught Ichigo is resolve and experience in battle. Ichigo was lacking in both. Lets face it, Ichigo is nothing more that a brut with a good heart and instincts, ( this is over simplifying it, but I think it serves the intended purpose) teaching him the use of spells (kudo (sp)) would be a waste of time. Lets not forget that Ichigo cannot control his spirit energy which is required in the use of spells, until he can do that I think spells his beyond his reach. But it would be cool to see what would happened if he tried.

With all that being said, this episode was awsome, and a filler it indeed was. I am glad that they didn't draw this out more that they had too, that would taking alot of impact out of it. Even the momentary comedic pause was really entertaining. Yachiru and Orihime, just priceless.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    As far as Urahara being lazy and teaching Ichigo nothing, that is just a load of bull. What he has taught Ichigo is resolve and experience in battle. Ichigo was lacking in both.
    I never said he has taught Ichigo nothing. He has indeed taught Ichigo quite a few things vital to Ichigo's survival so far, but at the same time he has left great many things untaught. And it's my impression of him that he is a rather relaxed fellow, who likes to live on earth and has no plans of ever returning to SS even if he could somehow manage it. Of course I haven't read the manga, so that could happen, but right now and in the past he looks like he's just enjoying his time meddling with his own little projects.

And he's personally participating in hardly anything. In the original arc, he taught Ichigo shikai and sent the bunch to SS. In this filler arc he conjured the annoying modified souls, and after that left the fights for others to handle. Now, I'm not actually criticizing that, I'm just calling him naturally lazy because of it.

And anyway, that wasn't even my main point. My main point was that Ichigo should be taught by somebody who would bother to teach even boring little things, like simple demon magic. Urahara is more inclined to the nice grand teaching methods of: "If you can't handle this, you won't live to see tomorrow."

My comments weren't directed at you, but more to the general discussion of his teaching and his teaching methods. But I am truly glad that it was you that picked up on my post. Sorry for the long wait for my reply, been busy as of late.

Here goes my counter arguement :

Urahara is the right teacher for Ichigo, I haven't read the manga either (just stating that) but judging from what I have seen he more than anyone else understands Ichigo. Why am I saying this... can you honestly think of anyone better to teach him, and if you can who. Also if my theory is right Ichigo is what Urahara wanted to create and failed particially. I don't know if you remember this but at the end of the Soul Society arc, (one the flying carpet) Urahara said to Yurichi that after all this time of waiting it is finally here, or something to that extent.

The reason why I say that Urahara knows Ichigo better than anyone else he knows what is capable of and so does Yurichi, but as the saying goes a flower doesn't blossom before it's time. I believe Ichigo was taught exactly what was needed for him to progress onto the next stage. Urahara teaching him reasolve and experience, Zaraki sorta teaching him materialization and Yurichi teaching him shunpo and bankai using the method Urahara developed.

It is not like time really permitted Urahara to really sit down and teach Ichigo something, and also we all know that Ichigo's powers is directly linked to his emotional state, also he is not totally aware of what his powers really are yet. So teaching him anything else is like putting a RPG rocket into the hands of a child. It will do more harm than good.

Also I stated before that Ichigo CANNOT control his riatsu very well and controling ones spirit energy is a very important part of learning spells, look at Zaraki, he need the eye patch to help him control his spirit energy and also he knows no spells. A prime example is when they flashed back into Rukia's / Renji's past at the Shinigami school, what happened when Renji didn't properly control his spirit energy, it blew up in his face. Now imagine something like that happening with Ichigo, we all know what his control is like from when he was trying to create the spirit orb. It took all his focus and will power to control it and it still blew up the first time he tried it, heck it even tilted the entire building. Also even when they all were in the orb, he was over powering all of them combined. So simply put spells is alittle out of his reach at this time, because he lack the control to perform them.

Urahara will teach him as the need arises directly and indirectly when he is ready for such training.

Also if he taught Ichigo everything then the anime will be boring wouldn't it. Part of the greatness of Bleach is that fact that Ichigo learns directly from life experiences and is not, trail and error so to say in real life situation because that is the only way he can really achieve the emotional state that is needed for him to progress. In a sense it is mainly because of this fact that Urahara is limited to what he can teach Ichigo.

Remember that Ichigo (the new generation) is the main character and not Urahara (the old generation). But I am eagerly awaiting to see what Beshime can do. That Bitch looks wicked, and I want to see what Urahara is TRULY capable of, since Yurichi made a remark that it is true that Ichigo might be able to surpass "him", I am 99.9 percent sure that, that statement reffers to Urahara. Just so you know Urahara is another one of my favorite characters. I would like to tell you, not come to any conclusions about him, he is yet to surprise us all, atleast that is what I feel from looking at the anime series.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Sat, 10-14-2006 at 04:07 PM.
    ___

Well, I'm not really inclined to try to counter many of your points, because they are basically correct. However, I'll cover a bit more ground with some particular points of my own, referring to parts of your post and my own older ones.

It's true Ichigo could encounter serious troubles learning spells. However, referring to the orb of the SS arc might not be accurate. It required careful control of reiatsu level for an extended period of time. Some simple attack spells most likely would require just explosive release of reiatsu, and that should be more natural for Ichigo.

And like I said in an earlier post, there are other things Ichigo could learn, like not getting wounded by weaker enemy attacks. Aizen of course showed some really high levels of that, but Zaraki has also displayed that skill quite nicely. And since Zaraki hasn't even mastered a shikai, it can't be that hard. Right now no matter how lousy an enemy, he can get Ichigo's blood bleeding.

But most of all, and I really mean most of all, I would just like to see Rukia teach (or try to teach to be realistic) Ichigo demon magic. I can picture in my mind how bloody hilarious that would be, plus I always enjoy seeing those two together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco

But most of all, and I really mean most of all, I would just like to see Rukia teach (or try to teach to be realistic) Ichigo demon magic. I can picture in my mind how bloody hilarious that would be, plus I always enjoy seeing those two together.

Yes it truly would, her picture book drawings are truly the best.
    ___