Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii Bleach!

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar

Wii Bleach!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6uHzbAyeVes

What do you guys think? I'd say it looks badass. I can already see myself swinging the Wiimote around like a sword.

Anyway does anyone have some more info on this?

Warning: Trailer may contain manga material. View at your own risk.

-Assassin
    Last edited by Assassin; Mon, 11-20-2006 at 07:35 PM.

That looked awesome, exercise and fun. To bad I'll probably never get it.. doubt it will come out in Europe very soon.

yea, and the lack of blood really turns me off

looks freaking awesome XD

It may look good, but it's going to totally suck. Just like every other game ever made based on a shounen anime.

God damn I wish that game was subbed...

Not only will it come out in the U.S. in prob 2+ years, but the voice overs will most likely suck..

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    It may look good, but it's going to totally suck. Just like every other game ever made based on a shounen anime.
    are you saying jump superstars sucks? take that back!

i see nothing wrong with it. as far as wii standards go, i'd say this game is making pretty good use of the wii's functions and capabilities. plus, i'd doubt that you'd have to swing your controller around that hard to get the results you want.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Have you tried DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 its freaking bad ass but only in Japanese It makes me wanna watch the whole series all aver again

Signature by Lucifus

That game looks pretty nice, but I now realize that the Nintendo Wii controllers are going to lead to numerous injuries among a) kids b) drunk people and c) drunk kids.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Mon, 11-20-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    God damn I wish that game was subbed...

Not only will it come out in the U.S. in prob 2+ years, but the voice overs will most likely suck..
    Lines like "You're going down", "let's fight", various grunts and yells, or any other typical "fighting game" dialogs are going to sound pretty ridiculous regardless of whatever language they are in.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    I now realize that the Nintendo Wii controllers are going to lead to numerous injuries among a) kids b) drunk people and c) drunk kids.
    You know, I can totally see that.

I would expect alot of broken controllers too. Tech support will hear people say "I was playing Wii Bleach, okay? I was trying to learn the Ichigo-Sogekyou stand maneauver ... the Wii controller flew outtah my hand while I was power up and crashed against my friends skull..."

Quote Originally Posted by 12345p
    You know, I can totally see that.

I would expect alot of broken controllers too. Tech support will hear people say "I was playing Wii Bleach, okay? I was trying to learn the Ichigo-Sogekyou stand maneauver ... the Wii controller flew outtah my hand while I was power up and crashed against my friends skull..."
    actually wii tech support is composed of mainly paramedics... then some IT guys. mmm i can see the wiimote with a blade attached to it as the perfect crime tool (it just happen to fly out and hit this random guy in the heart!)

bleachedout
    hey guys check this out

bleachedout
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6uHzbAyeVes

What do you guys think? I'd say it looks badass. I can already see myself swinging the Wiimote around like a sword.

Anyway does anyone have some more info on this?

Warning: Trailer may contain manga material. View at your own risk.

-Assassin

Hey NeoCybercoin and other Bleach Fans!

I’m helping spread the word about these Bleach games. I’m so glad to hear you’re looking forward to them! If you haven’t seen screenshots, we just put them up online http://www.flickr.com/photos/14528692@N06/show/. What do you think?

Also here is a little more info on the game for the Wii (they're releaseing a DS bleach game too!) , hope this helps =]

BLEACH: SHATTERED BLADE™
    The award-winning Bleach anime series, currently featured on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim, is coming to the Wii™ this fall! As the highly-anticipated second TV season launches, you’ll experience the action of BLEACH firsthand, slashing, jabbing, swiping and lunging with the Wii Remote™ as your very own Zanpaku-to.

Bleach: Shattered Blade follows the life of a 15-year-old boy who is able to see spirits and discovers he has supernatural powers. Playing as one of your favorite 28 characters from the series, you will master their special attacks, Bankai transformations and Zanpakutos as you battle a wide variety of opponents in a twisting storyline filled with surprises.
    Features:
    • Go head-to-head in 3D arenas. Experience a full range of movement as you square off with an opponent in 3D environments based on settings from the series.
    • Large cast of popular characters. All 32 characters have Bankai transformations and Zanpakut-os and are voiced by the actors from the anime series.
    • Special attacks to master. Learn each character’s super powered attacks and summon supernatural enemies to defeat enemies.
    • Exclusive storyline with eight episodes. As you progress through the storyline created especially for the Wii, you'll unlock new characters which add a whole new dimension to the gameplay.
    • Special character created for the Wii. Get a sneak preview of unlockable characters that are not yet revealed in the TV series, including one character created exclusively for the Wii.
    • Tons of unlockable content. Customize your favorite characters with unlockable costumes and gain access to more characters and dialogue.

Sounds like paid marketing to me.

Anyone know if there will be an option to use Japanese voices? I was looking at some of the trailers on gametrailers and Chad seriously sounds like a fag when his english VA goes "You like that?". Look at the fights on there with Rukia and Shunsui.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by RedX1z
    are you saying jump superstars sucks? take that back!
    I've never played it since it never got released here.

I thought DBZ: Budokai 3 didn't suck. I haven't played either of the Budokai Tenkaichi's yet though.

its actually very fun. im a fighting fame manic, and i thought id be disappointed, but its deeper then i imagine. its not as serious as soul caliber of king of fighters or guilty gear i put it up there with fun to play as hell, but not amazing games like dragonball tenkaich budoukai

Hope Zaraki Kenpachi still got his judo move he used against the huge captain.

Quote Originally Posted by NM
    Anyone know if there will be an option to use Japanese voices? I was looking at some of the trailers on gametrailers and Chad seriously sounds like a fag when his English VA goes "You like that?". Look at the fights on there with Rukia and Shunsui.
    Unfortunately, there isn't an option for Japanese voices -_-. I remember reading an interview with the president (or something like that) of SEGA usa and he had been asked about if the option would be there and he stated it wouldn't be. He gave a very gay reason. "We want to make the game experience authentic to the American audience" or some response similar to that... which..I thought was idiotic..because how does giving an OPTION to change the language ruin the experience for American players...option means you have to manually change it..and of course they didn't think about the thousands of Bleach fans who prefer the original voices...but that being put aside..after getting the game I found the reason he stated for not having original voice option to be ridiculous and just plain stupid. He said it was to keep it authentic to the American audience and yet 1/2 of the game IS IN Japanese. - -' - Above the options , it's written in katakana, as well as sound affect when fighting is in Japanese writing, and of course at the stage beginning, the person's name/title appears behind them in Japanese... I don't see how that makes it authentic to the "American audience" and having a Japanese voice option make it less authentic.. seems like a step back to me.. as it isn't difficult to leave that option, and games such as Dragonball, gave the option..plus I could say..when the characters speak, its subtitled at the bottom on the screen anyways, even though they are speaking English -_-;

but, besides that rant, the game so far seemed alright. In a way I feel it's close to a "button masher" game in the wii sense that all you have to do is fling the controller all over and perform a variety of moves, but at the same time, does require knowledge of some movements to perform some moves. I think it's one of the better fighting games out there for the wii