Thread: New Artist from episodes 207 on?

New Artist from episodes 207 on?

Why did the art change? I hate how it looks now. Their faces are kinda ugly, and not how it was originally. And there're many occassions where Luffy, Nami, and sometimes Sanji look identical wiht their faces, cept with different hair and eyebrows/scares, etc.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar
    Its not the Toei animators, its the creator. One Piece is a manga that has been running since 1997. In a long running manga, the creators art style is bound to change and that's what's happening here with Oda. Toei is just mimicking his change of style for the animated series.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Bah, why'd the artist change? The faces look so horrible now.

I thought the art started changing a long time ago - more like around Loguetown and then again some time during the end of the Arabasta arc. I liked how most of the characters were eventually drawn differently from their original appearances (especially Ussop and Chopper).

Interesting observation about Luffy, Nami, and Sanji's faces... I never really noticed that they were similar. It's probably because I tend to focus on the eyes which are very different between the three.

However, there are some times where I really don't appreciate the art in the anime. Most of the time when they are adding extra scenes or doing filler episodes the characters seem to be drawn from memory or without a reference and they end up looking very odd.

I don't mind artist change at all and it doesn't bother me, its more about the story, plot and enjoyment than the drawings. Some people already dislike One Piece drawings thinking its kiddish and a lot get turned off by it, anyways thats why they keep avoiding it and never watch One Piece until people keep telling them to check it out and they find out how great it is.
    Last edited by Zati; Fri, 10-20-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Only from a certain angle do I dislike the art in the anime, other than that it's great.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba