Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Naruto Episode Titles

Whine.

Episode 210's title hasn't been released yet, and Naruto won't be airing the 23rd of November. Even so, we are one week away from ep 210 and no title has been released.

I'll be updating the first post when a new ep is announced.

masa, we can stop watching the fillers, since it won't affect the market. but if the japs stop seeing it, they won't stop the fillers. They will cancel Naruto like Kenshin, before they have a chance to end the damn fillers.

I still believe Naruto should have ended right after Sasuke left. Then some years later run a "Naruto 2" series. Kind off what Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE is doing. Airing 26 eps, and then taking a break of 5 months.

In all honesty the fillers will probably continue until the season is over in Japan. So the new season began a few weeks ago with the introduction of a new theme song right? So when those twenty-six episodes are up maybe then the fillers will be over.

I have no info on which to confirm my theory, I just think that now that they've finally showed time jump naruto's costume in the ending, it serves as cock tease to keep viewers enticed for the eventual start of part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I still believe Naruto should have ended right after Sasuke left. Then some years later run a "Naruto 2" series. Kind off what Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE is doing. Airing 26 eps, and then taking a break of 5 months.
    You bring up a good point. They could have done an Inuyasha-like ending where it ends with Naruto in the hospital and Jiraiya coming to help him train. It ends with Naruto saying he will definitely find Sasuke. Hmm now that I think about it, this is the Inuyasha ending...

Speaking of Inuyasha, I saw the end of that a couple weeks ago finally and was all "hmm, that didn't resolve anything". Are they just taking a break like implied above and are gonna restart the series at some point?

Which definately would have been the way to go with Naruto as well. Still, I think the best solution of any series I've seen has been Bleach's method. Actually making *gasp* not terrible filler! It IS possible! The Bleach filler arc actually qualifies as good as far as I'm concerned. It's not as good as previous arc, but it's still more interesting than alot of entire other shows.

Honestly though, I gave up stressing about Naruto fillers the day Naruto Rasenganed that ramen dough. Now I just play episodes while watching TV or playing a video game to get the gist every week.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    masa, we can stop watching the fillers, since it won't affect the market. but if the japs stop seeing it, they won't stop the fillers. They will cancel Naruto like Kenshin, before they have a chance to end the damn fillers.
    They -would- do that, assuming that enough people in Japan dislike Naruto enough to stop watching it. If no one watched it, then there's no reason to air it.

But there aren't enough. Most of the previous viewers that have stopped watching Naruto are probably just being slowly replaced by a different kind of fanbase. The fillers don't really "appeal" to the same sort of audience that the original anime did.

But the number of viewers -has- dropped over time. Naruto used to be what, in the top 5, 10 anime in Japan? It's dropped to like rank 17 now according to TV Asahi. And Naruto must have lost a substantial amount of viewers. Even Studio Pierrot acknowledges this, when Sakura mentions, "we should get all of our viewers back in a snap!" (or something) at the end of episode 201.

According to Ep 209 raw

Ep 210
    - "Forest of Confusion" -

dont double post

my prediction... they end fillers at ep 250...

i refuse to be counted as a viewer of such blasphemous filler. i doubt they'll stop the filler by then, but i will check up on naruto when that number comes by. til then, unless i hear 'official' news from everybody in unison... its lights out on naruto shows... these bastards are ruining kishimotos name. its not like i'll be missing anything important anyways...

I've been thinking more of Kenshin lately. It's pretty strange, there are plenty of anime shows out there which have many fillers, a bunch of them even more than Kenshin (*cough* DBZ & Naruto), so how come Kenshin with only 30 filler eps suddenly get so unpopular? Because if I've understood it correctly, it was like ULTRA popular during it's better parts. And then suddenly boom. And I can say from experience that Kenshin's fillers, while mostly the suck, was overall better than Naruto's without a question.

Weird.

Either they're locked into some sort of contract, or the TV station knows that the fillers are going to eventually end and the entire fanbase will be back. I don't think any TV station would keep this crap on unless they had to.

Quoting from the recently edited first post

2006-11-16
    210: "Forest of Confusion"
    迷いの森

2006-11-23
    - No Episode this week -

2006-11-30
    211: "Memory of Flame"
    炎の記憶

2006-12-07
    212: "An Individual's Own Way"
    それぞれの道

I never saw Kenshin, but wasn't Kenshin more appealing toward the older audience as opposed to Naruto? Most fans of Naruto are generally young, so maybe they are more lenient and easily amused than the older less easily amused Kenshin fan.

But then again I haven't seen Kenshin so I don't know what I'm talking about.

Not really. Kenshin is very similar to Naruto, with the only difference being Kenshin had older characters (Kenshin is around 20-25?).

Ahh. I'll go dl the series then. XD Perhaps the filler to orig ratio was different? *goes to find a good subber*

you never saw kenshin! dude! get on that! watch it up to the filler then read the rest of the manga... its soooooooo good

From the updated first post:
    2006-12-14
    213: "The Lost Memory"
    失われた記憶

kenshin was 28 years old. It was one of the very first anime i ever saw, in fact it is responsible for my interest in anime.

Kenshin and Naruto are not alike. The storylines and different and the tone as well. I think everyone should at one point in time watch the series, and i mean the whole thing including not just the tv series but the ovas and the movies as well.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Just from the box covers, it looks like the animation isn't so great for the Kenshin series, which is why I haven't bothered watching the series either. Naruto animation is pretty awesome except during filler time.

My first anime was Robotech or Voltron, or possibly Battle of the Planets (the bird people one).

Not watching Kenshin because of your doubts about the animation quality is probably the worst choice in your anime career you have made.

No, I'd say watching 11 episodes of Gantz was my worst choice, except for the opening theme, which I listen to daily (recorded and live versions).

I watch anime for the animation quality as much as for the storylines and characters. For example, I've never watched the original Gundam series because the animation is terrible. All of the pictures I've ever seen of Kenshin, including the box covers, look like poorly drawn anime, so I've skipped this series. When I run out of well drawn series to watch, I'll give it a try.

Well if animation is what you base your choices on, then watch the kenshin OVA's. The animation is good and the story is incredible. Plus they take place before the tv series, so you know exactly why he is the way he is when you inevitable watch the series afterwards.

Anyway, we're all offtopic and RyougaZell is the only one still providing useful information here. Lets try to keep idle chatter for irc.