Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 108 Discussion

@ Animeniax: I don't think anyone complained about Ichigo winning, but I am only 100% sure about what I said. I was upset that they offered up a very reasonable explanation of why Ichigo had to save the day all alone against the big bad guy, then they threw a wrench in that by having Yoruichi and Byakuya show up for no good reason. Of course Ichigo was going to be the one to beat Kariya, he's the main charachter, however it felt more right when he was the only person who had a chance to do it at the time. Even Naruto usually gets his big wins when there's no one else around to help him out or defeat the person for him.

Because the writers unessecarily bloated the barrier between realistic behavior and anime charachter behavior it made me irritated and I expreessed my frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    but I guess you guys need something to whine about, or your lives would be happier.
    lol. I agree, a very good ending to this arc has been given and you still manage to find something to whine about. I actually liked the reason, and if for about a minute you turn off your real-o-meters, you can notice that the explanation sounded very profound and cool and you might just actually enjoy the entire episode.

Off my high horse, I liked the comparison of Kariya and the Bounto to Ichigo and his friends. However, we know Ichigo's pals will stick with him, even if he becomes freakishly powerful.
    That's an enormous rip from spider-man, when the goblin tells him that soon everyone will grow to fear him. But still cool nonetheless.

I wish they had explained better how Ran'tao disabled this feature in Kariya. They showed her stabbing him with that turkey baster a couple episodes ago, but didn't say how it works.
    When I saw that scene, I figured that it worked sort of how Ichigo had his chain link and such severed in an earlier episode. Maybe the Bounto had a sort of link that could be severed to stop the absorption of spirit particles.
    Last edited by Spiegel; Fri, 12-22-2006 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    I was upset that they offered up a very reasonable explanation of why Ichigo had to save the day all alone against the big bad guy, then they threw a wrench in that by having Yoruichi and Byakuya show up for no good reason.
    Well one of the tenets of anime fights is the one-on-one dual to the death. Sure the others could have joined in, but they don't out of respect for whoever is already engaged in the fight, unless he's losing badly. They always say that "your opponent is ME!" And since Ichigo is the hero of the show and was the first to fight Kariya, the others stayed back. I see no problem with this, so I didn't appreciate hearing gripes about it, but feel free to vent.

"your opponent is ME!"
    They DO always say that don't they.

That and "I'm on a completely different level than you." They say that all the time too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    They DO always say that don't they.

That and "I'm on a completely different level than you." They say that all the time too.
    I see it all the time, but that makes me wonder: is that a loose translation, or is it actually what the characters are literally saying each time?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

Captain Obvious strikes again

Seriously wtf is with this statement when hasn't it been black ?
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire

Captain Obvious strikes again

Seriously wtf is with this statement when hasn't it been black ?

It's usually blue. Ichigo should't be able to use that right? I always thought only in hollow form he could use it, thats why it is more powerful then his regular one.

No! First, Ichigo's regular Getsuga Tenshou is white not blue, you may be thinking of when he was blue when he went up against Zaraki. Secondly, he can still do GT after Bankai, but it becomes black and spikey, and also seems to be more controlable. If I remember correctly Hollow Ichigo was over using the attack (it drains his spirit power quickly) when he took over in the Byakuya fight which is what Byakuya is talking about when he says Ichigo was reckless.

Obviously either Renji hasn't seen Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou in bankai/bankai+hollow mode before, or the writers are trying to make an emphasis on the power of the attack, by denoting the change in color outright. I did not pay much attention to the beginning this arc, and maybe missed an ep. where he did reveal Bankai Getsuga to Renji, but I think the first option is more likely, because the only other time as far as I can recall that Hollow Ichigo used that attack was against Byakuya waaay back in the last arc.

Yeah, the first time he did it black was when he was in Bankai. Not Hollow. Even though it was obvious he was drawing on his Hollow power to do it. I think the writers got confused.

And no, Renji had never seen him use it before.

Renji has however, experienced the white one first-hand.

He's probably like, 'Hey, that's that attack that almost cut me in half that one time, only now it's black."

Well, it was better than I expected, although I suppose not as good as it could have been, if the points Yuki mentioned had been dealt with appropriately. Still, I did enjoy this episode (but considering I hadn't watched any anime, save Nausicaa on dvd, for a little less than two weeks before seeing this, so my mind wasn't probably as critical as usually).

But I'm looking forward to the next episode as it might have some Ichigo-Rukia interaction. I always liked that, despite the shounen show restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    But I'm looking forward to the next episode as it might have some Ichigo-Rukia interaction. I always liked that, despite the shounen show restrictions.
    You mean because it's a Shounen show he won't be able to flip her upside down and jackhammer her vagina?

I imagine that's what you mean.

*sage nod*

This episode wasn't a total waste of time. As stated there were parts that could have been done better and the animation was lacking at some points. But it wasn't that bad. As for the whole ren tao stabbing Kariya with a turkey baster thingy, she was the one that created the seal that kariya absorbed and the one that knows the most about the bounto, an explanation was not necessary.

But if you want to debate something. Why was it that when she stabbed him and the quincy blew him up., why was he still able to absorbed spirit particles then and not now. Time delay reaction maybe, I'll just chalk it up to a plot hole.

The feel of the battle was not as intense as i though it would be nor do i think maki's presence was needed but i do understand why he wasn't killed off by Zaraki, he is a twisted bastard, but he doesn't pick on the weak. Both mentally and physically.

I really miss the whole raitsu thingy, you know like when a person with weak raitsu is to close to a captain class and above shinigami, they actually have a hard time just breathing. I think that effect should have been used. it would have been nice especially since there were 2 persons that were severely injured and were standing right there, but whatever.

All in all it wasn't a bad arc, ridiculous to watch at times but I would say that there more more good points than bad.

looking forward to what is next. hope that it is something good.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    I really miss the whole raitsu thingy, you know like when a person with weak raitsu is to close to a captain class and above shinigami, they actually have a hard time just breathing. I think that effect should have been used. it would have been nice especially since there were 2 persons that were severely injured and were standing right there, but whatever.
    Ichigo supposedly has a very high reiatsu, but people rarely are affected it in that manner. Perhaps just during the fight against Byakuya, when his school mates couldn't even get very close to the fight, but had to stay on the other side of the forest. Otherwise at least Rukia is apparently so used to her man's spiritual force that she can probably charge her own batteries by standing in it... Such a nice couple.

From dust to dust. Amusing considering Kariya never amounted to more than just that.

I loved Ichigo's little "perhaps he just wanted to put an end to his eternal time" pity speech at the end. Yes, that's why he killed all of his treasured comrades instead of just impaling himself on something sharp. He was a douche. He just didn't have enough class to be the sexy kind of douche like Aizen is.
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

Actually isn't that the same premise behind "The Sealed Sword Frenzy" OAV? super-powered "Beyonder-type" who is tired and/or bored and just wants to die.

@dragonrage: This was a pretty good arc, especially for filler. Usual complaints apply though, like the poor animation, plot holes, forgotten character traits from the manga, and the lack of character development. Still, it had a good story, good fight scenes, decent action, and some likeable characters.

I miss the reiatsu effect too, but it's one of those details they forgot about. I always liked dragon-fear in D&D. Cringe in fear of my awesomeness ye peons!