Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 116

Grimmjow kinda reminds me of an older version of Hitsugaya for some reason....kinda cool.

And matsumoto was hot haha. I could just imagine what Kon would think missing that scene

Grimmjow reminded me of Ichigo's hollow self at first.

Oh Lord, was I excited to see GrimmjOw! What an ass, but damn is he great.
    I do my killin' after breakfast.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathscytheVII
    Grimmjow kinda reminds me of an older version of Hitsugaya for some reason....kinda cool.
    I'm glad someone else who watches this stuff found that similarity. If he looks like Hitsugaya he must uncertainly be badass....or more badass than he already is.

R.I.P Captain America.

Genin
    it wouldn't make sense for all 20 of the arrancar to be Vasto Lordes. 20 Vasto Lordes workig together would be able to destroy/take over Earth and SS. Earth has a few people who are of captain class or higher. It would take a while for reinforcements to cross over from SS to Earth, so if there were 20 Vasto Lordes, it would be tremendously easy to take over Earth. Then you have SS (lacking a few lieutenants and vice-captains and even a Captain). They would have 10 Captains (albeit the old dude looked strong as F*ck!) and a few vice-captains and lieutenants (who would be of no hassle to kill) to deal with. I think that some (if not all) of the Arrancar have powers in between that of a Vasto Lorde and the 2nd tier Vasto peeps (if not completely in the 2nd tier).

I know that the Vasto Lorde are supposed to be the only ones who have human sizes, but if they were all Vasto Lordes, then everyone on Earth is dead now save for Ichigo (unless the Vaizard have an equal number and are equally strong and decide to save those peeps).

the onigiri part made me laugh
    i saved a unicorn

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i am tempted to agree with Darth that almost all the human size Arrancar are also Vasto Lordes. But I also think there's more to the Arrancars than we're getting. I mean, Shinigamis have to practice for a long time (or be uber sick) to tap the true potential of their Zanpaktou.

I can't imagine the Hollows strip their masks (and from the way Ichigo did it, it seems to be a sheer matter of will-power/heart) and adjust where their holes are and are suddenly Urahara level strong... And, besides, if Vaizards have to deal with fighting the Hollow side of them, can it really be such an oversight by the author that Hollows turned Arrancar don't have to struggle equally with that "yin" side of them?

so, i do believe Aizen may have 20 Arrancar Vastos. but it's obviously not enough yet (for whatever he's planning), or he would have made his move already. just because Hitsugaya says (10 Vasto Lorde level Arrancar could take on all of Soul Society), doesn't mean that that's the actual truth. There's plenty of hidden factors (Urahara, Kurosaki Isshin, the Quincys, the Vaizards) to keep Aizen from launching an all out attack just yet.

i think that the Arrancar strength may be overhyped here, and that we're underestimating the good guys, especially the "anime good guy immortality" factor.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    so, i do believe Aizen may have 20 Arrancar Vastos. but it's obviously not enough yet (for whatever he's planning), or he would have made his move already. just because Hitsugaya says (10 Vasto Lorde level Arrancar could take on all of Soul Society), doesn't mean that that's the actual truth. There's plenty of hidden factors (Urahara, Kurosaki Isshin, the Quincys, the Vaizards) to keep Aizen from launching an all out attack just yet.

i think that the Arrancar strength may be overhyped here, and that we're underestimating the good guys, especially the "anime good guy immortality" factor.
    Im not so sure his immediate goal is to conquer SS. Remember before he left into Huecos Mundo? He said something about sitting on the throne in heaven, and so whatever that means, that's probably what he's after.

Also, it makes sense that these are all Vasto Lordes, they are the size of humans after all.

They are not all vasto lords. They have already said vasto lords are more powerful then captain shinigami. If thats true becomeing arrancar would make them even more powerful=the end of SS and earth. There are also only a few vasto lords, so how can he collect 20 so fast without them giving him any problem such as turning on him. That big guy is probley a second class menos and the little one a vasto lord. Out of the group going to earth i would say only grimjow is a vasto lord.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    They are not all vasto lords. They have already said vasto lords are more powerful then captain shinigami. If thats true becomeing arrancar would make them even more powerful=the end of SS and earth. There are also only a few vasto lords, so how can he collect 20 so fast without them giving him any problem such as turning on him. That big guy is probley a second class menos and the little one a vasto lord. Out of the group going to earth i would say only grimjow is a vasto lord.

I'm not sure if any of them are Vasto Lord class - if it's anyone I would think Grimmjow is the closest, if at all.
    Last edited by Gravidus; Fri, 02-23-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    I dont think they are Vasto Lordes, it seems too soon to bring in the strongest enemies in large numbers. They just introduced the arrancar.....
    Why not? Some of the first shinigami we saw were Byakuya and Gin.

I don't see why these guys wouldn't be stronger than your average captain (even though there are plenty of captains who are miles above average). If they're going to wreak havoc for the next 100 episodes or so, Ichigo and co. have a lot of thrashings waiting for them.

I don't think the 20 arrancars mentioned are Vasto Lorde class. First, you guys are all coming to conclusions based on their sizes, which at the moment is impossible, mainly because we haven't seen any of these Arrancars side by side with human. We've only seen Ulquiorra and Yammy in the human world. Between those two, Yammy is much bigger in size, both in height and width. Heck, Yammy is seen as double in size from Ichigo in some scenes.

Now, until we see any of these Arrancars in a scene side by side with either a human or with Ulquiorra, it's very hard to tell if they are Vasto Lordes or not.

So, stop saying that all those Arrancars we saw in the Hueco Mundo meeting are human sized, we have no way of knowing yet, and I bet most of them are not human sized at all.

And even so, I don't think the magaka will remember all these Menos characteristics when he starts designing more characters, I'm sure we'll see a lot of inconsistencies.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 02-23-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Well things look as if though they are going to get fun. Grimjow obvioulsy needs to work on his spirit level detection (why don't we all just imagine DBZ but with swords instead). He hasn't picked out Ichigo's dad, Ishida or his dad and he hasn't picked out the two Vaizards either.

Other parts of the episode, I though Ichigo's dad was hilarious with Rukia... lol I have had our third daughter!

But on another note it was interesting that Rukia did not recognise Ichigo's dad as being a Shinigami... he must half so long ago that Rukia wasn't even a Shinigami then.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    But on another note it was interesting that Rukia did not recognise Ichigo's dad as being a Shinigami... he must half so long ago that Rukia wasn't even a Shinigami then.
    That's a good point, but if she didn't recognize him before (she has seen him hasn't she?), there's no reason for her to recognize him now.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    Except that that's exactly how every shounen anime has ever been EVER. They tell you how powerful the badguys are, and victory should be completely impossible, but the good guy always gets 100x more powerful than before and wins.

They're doing the same thing here. Making the opposition overwhelming.

Bud is right though, we haven't actually seen any of Grimmjow's crew standing next to a human, so I suppose they might not be Vasto Lordes until we see that.

My question is, where the hell are Gin and Tosen?

Somewhere in between Hueco Mundo and the Soul Society, they were sucked into a black hole, never to return.

Or you should just be patient, and time will tell.
    Last edited by knifecrew; Sat, 02-24-2007 at 03:27 AM.
    I do my killin' after breakfast.

My question is, where the hell are Gin and Tosen?

Ichigo killed them...you missed that ep? MAN IT WAS A GOOD ONE!

Anyhow, alot of boring girl on girl comedy. I like seeing Orihime breaking down though, shows that she is a girl....

-dg-

When Aizen messed around and created the arrancar out of the menos grandes, they got more powerful. It could also mean that their entire appearance changed as well. Fisher King looked completely different when he changed, so why is it not hard to also think that maybe ... some if not a LARGE majority of those arrancar are just the 2nd class menos that were transformed.

If vasto lordes are as strong as they say, I would say Ulquiorra is maybe one while Yammy is of the 2nd class. (Just look at the huge difference in power and obviously one thinks like a brute while the other is able to analyze).

I definatly think Yammi is one of the 2nd class. But I base this solely on his size, not his personality. He's twice as tall as chad, therefor, he's not a vasto lorde.

The only before-and-after example we have of a hollow becoming an arrancar, Fisher, he actually got bigger, not smaller, so I don't buy that "well maybe they shrunk to human size when they became arrancar". Grimmjow's crew is all the same size, so as soon as I see one side by side with a normal character, if they're nomal sized too than they're all Vasto Lordes.

Grimjow obvioulsy needs to work on his spirit level detection (why don't we all just imagine DBZ but with swords instead). He hasn't picked out Ichigo's dad, Ishida or his dad and he hasn't picked out the two Vaizards either.
    ishada has lost all his power, so hes the same level as a normal human rite now. as for the fathers...isshin is at captain level (if not more) so he should be able to easily hide his rietsu completely. hes been doing it for 20 years or so anyways, which is why no one, including the SS crew know of him. The only reason urahara knows about isshin is cuz he seems to know him from before (but hes so badass, i wouldn't be surprised if he could detect what little reitsu isshin puts out). Im assuming ishda's dad is at the same level as urahara/isshin so he should be able to hide his rietsu as well. he seems to have hidden it from ishda all this time, and ishda is the one who taught ichigo about detecting reitsu.

As for the vaizards, they could be in some seperate dimension or something. shinagami's have SS and hollows have Hueco Mundo, so it makes sense that the vaizards would have thier own funky other dimensional hideout. they obviously haven't been living in the real world all this time.