Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New banners for the forum

Yep, it was my second attempt at a banner.(The first a long time ago)
    It could have came out alot more decent but...
    AnywayZ, I figure we can do without that one banner.
    And heres my entries to any Banner Competition we might have.

Edit: Ahh! Someone comment before Lucifus loses what remains of his marbles!
    DB_Hunter, you recommended it, say something!! =P
    Last edited by Lucifus; Tue, 02-27-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Wow, great job. I really like the first two and the Bleach one. The other ones kinda go toward the old Naruto, But they still look great.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Blows whistle and congrats Phoniex on his 2000th post.

Edit: Okay, I made banners.....Now what? We having a competition or something?

LOL, I honestly didnt even realize that was my 2000th, being as I havent posted since November.

Anyway, A comp doesnt sound like a bad idea, since the last comp that was held was the one I held way back in January-March of LAST YEAR.

But I think for this to be a comp, the Admins would have to approve it. Its not like we're doing it for just fun, but for the banners to change with the times a little. And seeing as we are not the owners of the site, it need to be said by them. Otherwise, they might just choose ones they like.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Looking though the ideas and such myself and the mod team are looking in to this however we still are in the pre-playing stage lets get a few things sorted out shall we?

Prizes?

How about not much of a contest... I see it as a community activity. Lets face it getting your art in the banner is full-filling. Not to turn down the contest idea at all, let us flesh it out a bit, How about some categories, or art styles, something to make it challenging to people. As it sits right now, if all you want to do is make some banners and post them then it isn't a contest. If you want to create something else about it then lets see it.

How Many is a good number to have "win"?

If we are to replace all of our current banners then we would not need those scan lines, however we would still need to make it look like it is suppose to be there and banners are sort of fit a theme of sorts. If we are not replacing the current ones, then how many are we adding?

Artist permission?

I'm sure though we never got permission from the fan artist that made our current banners. As well I see it mostly un-needed hassle to get permission for every fan art that is in the public domain. (Not that I don't care for the artist, but if the artist put it up on the internet, they surely have to know that it is now fair game to everyone.)

However do what you will about that, just saying that i'm not going to play in this contest if I have to hunt down some random guy that made the picture of Fate/stay Night I found on a image board with no mention of a artist.I'm serious, It's a waste of time to me

Time frame?

This comes with deciding if this will be a contest or not

Rules?

Again will this be a contest are just a community activity

Remember just because the staff isn't posting about this, doesn't mean we didn't see it
    image fail!

Never been in a Sig contest before. I'm all for it. Course everythings the Mod Staffs decision.

Agreed that having your art on every page of Gotwoot Forums is prize enough.

Agree on the Categories. Id love to see some F S/N banners up there as well as some other stuff besides Naruto/Bleach.

I'd think around 10 banners would be pretty good for a Rotation. But nothing more than that.

Hey, if it doesn't have a Copyright logo on it, the artist doesn't say your not allowed to use it, and its free, I dont see any reason to hunt down creators of the fanart just to ask them permission to use it when its up for free grabs on the net.

Hm, I have no problem with a day. xD But other members have school/work/etc. etc.
    A month too long?

Rules? Hey, your the mod, dont ask us that.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Tue, 02-27-2007 at 01:43 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    we have been talking about it. so far what Deadfire said has been right. I do want to make this into an activity, have people vote on which ones they like best and all of that. But, first thing first, we're going to need a couple more entries for it to get any kind of real excitement. Some of the ones you've done so far are awesome Lucifus, and I certainly imagine we'll be using at least a couple of thenm.

i am the one who wanted to get artist permission before using the fanarts. But, as has been pointed out to me, it's sometimes next to impossible to track down the person who made the fanart you wanted to use. Some fanarts don't have links or names, othertimes it's just impossible to find the artist. If people are using fanart to make a banner, and an artist's name and site are clearly displayed, I'd like to think people would have the courtesy of asking them... I know I would...

I'd like to replace all the current banners.... but I do like that there are different animes shown there. All Naruto banners could get annoying... There certainly will be categories, and the ones I'm thinking of are:

Naruto (duh), Bleach (double duh), One Piece, Gundam (both have their own discussion sections, even if they're not the hub of activity), Kyou Kara Maou (AONE's subbed the whole damn thing). I suppose a FMA one couldn't hurt either (nor a Code Geass one...) ...and, well, you all know my personal opinions on Fate/Stay Night.... but I suppose we could have a banner for that one up as well.

so, technically there's still alot of the details up in the air. I hope we get some other people to contribute as well. Depending on that, we'll see if it's a full-blown contest or a simple competition.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 02-27-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Well, even if we dont broaden the categories. I'ma start on some Code Geass/FSN banners. Hellz I'd love to make sigs from all the anime thats listed in my signature.

No scanline you say?!!? Bows to Deadfire. Unfortunatly its already in all my other banners so I'll just keep up the trend.

Don't get me wrong on the fanart permission thing. I've already notified several of the artists that I'd liek to use there renders. However only the ones that didn't specify if they wanted it used or not. Havn't come across any that asked for permission.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    personally, I'd rather keep the scanlines in place, because then we can keep the old banners too...

I mean, it's not like the old banners are bad, it's just that we've had them for about a year.

I've convinced ciber to go ask the original forum styler for the templates, but I don't know if he's going to be able to find them or not. I'd rather not make people re-create the scanline theme by hand .

(not that lucifus hasn't already done so >_>)

Incidentally, I'd also be willing to take new banner submissions for the front page, as long as they're good looking and somewhat relevant.

Did you call your majesty? 25 minutes. =D
    Scrap the Bleach one above. This one a ton better.
    http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/9...front01db0.png

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3...tmain01bu0.png

I can't get off the sig frenzy! Whats wrong with me?!

Took about an hour to recreate the scanline. (It pissed me off royally)

1.) Open up PS and create a new image pixels 8 x 8.

2.) Press CTRL+0 to fit to screen.

3.) Select the pencil tool and make a diagonal white line cutting across the image from the bottom left to top right. Make it two pixels going the diagonally. Leave the sides blank. Then in the top left corner put a single white pixel. Do the same for the bottom right corner.

4.) Select all. CTRL+A Then go to the EDIT menu and select Define Pattern. Name it Scanlines.

5.) Open up the image you want to apply the scanlines to. Then go to the Blending Options of the layer you want scanlined. Go to Pattern Overlay tab and click the pattern. Then select teh scanline pattern you just made. Change to Blend mode to Soft Light and adjust the Opacity until you feel you have it right.
    Thanks to BoC for figuring out the double scanlines.

Edit: Heres another:
    http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/576...front02jc8.png

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/781...tmain02jr3.png

Last edited by Lucifus; Fri, 03-09-2007 at 11:47 PM.

I miss the Inuyasha banner. Must all banners look like the characters are either ready to start killing, are otherwise pissed off, or look like distant memories of once better times? Not that there's anything wrong with those, but if it's rotation, there could be really different themes also present. Calm, warm, sunny and friendly ones to supplement the action or danger filled ones.

this sounds like it could be fun. It actually makes me want to start up Photoshop C.S. again. Hopefully I remember how to use it.

Kraco, I get your your point and well i agree with you.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Lucifus I like your bleach one alot. But dont you think you've used just a tad bit too much blur?

I agree, just pick one or two of his to use. Don't want em all being the same exactly blurry bg style.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I should take this opportunity to point out that the front page images don't have those scanlines .

Some shows that I would like to see banners of:

Hunter X Hunter
    Pumpkin Scissors
    Berserk
    Twelve Kingdoms
    Trigun
    Code Geass
    Suzumiya Haruhi
    Project ARMS
    Get Backers
    Major
    Mai-HiME
    Hajime no Ippo
    3x3 Eyes
    Black Lagoon
    Ergo Proxy
    Eureka seveN
    Utawarerumono
    Gun Grave
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    School Rumble
    Crest/Banner of the Stars
    Last Exile
    Samurai Champloo
    Gakutsuou
    Blood+
    Hellsing
    Tsukihime
    Melody of Oblivion
    Tenjou Tenge
    R.O.D. Read or Die TV
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Speed Grapher
    Wolf's Rain
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Monster
    Now and Then, Here and There
    Trinity Blood
    Flame of Recca
    Samurai 7
    Karas
    Cowboy Bebop
    The Third
    Black Blood Brothers
    Tsukuyomi
    Sousei no Aquarion
    Death Note
    Gokusen

I think those are some cool series that could have some good banners, if people bother to do so.
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 02-27-2007 at 07:57 PM.

I'll most definatly attempt some o those tommorrow.

Front page no scanlines? And I was just started to liek em to. AnywayZ, heres another. I like her. Different style.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6...front03fj0.png

Bud, I dont think your list is quite long enough

@lucifus: lol you have way too much time on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Bud, I dont think your list is quite long enough

@lucifus: lol you have way too much time on your hands
    I really really tried to keep it short.

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    Some shows that I would like to see banners of:

Hunter X Hunter
    Pumpkin Scissors
    Berserk
    Twelve Kingdoms
    Trigun
    Code Geass
    Suzumiya Haruhi
    Project ARMS
    Get Backers
    Major
    Mai-HiME
    Hajime no Ippo
    3x3 Eyes
    Black Lagoon
    Ergo Proxy
    Eureka seveN
    Utawarerumono
    Gun Grave
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    School Rumble
    Crest/Banner of the Stars
    Last Exile
    Samurai Champloo
    Gakutsuou
    Blood+
    Hellsing
    Tsukihime
    Melody of Oblivion
    Tenjou Tenge
    R.O.D. Read or Die TV
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Speed Grapher
    Wolf's Rain
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Monster
    Now and Then, Here and There
    Trinity Blood
    Flame of Recca
    Samurai 7
    Karas
    Cowboy Bebop
    The Third
    Black Blood Brothers
    Tsukuyomi
    Sousei no Aquarion
    Death Note
    Gokusen

I think those are some cool series that could have some good banners, if people bother to do so.
    Only prob is there isn't half as much high quality art for most of those.