Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New banners for the forum

Really nice work with the new banners, they bring some fresh air to the forums

It might be nice to do 1 or 2 banners from series like heroes and prison break. Just and idea though.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish-S
    It might be nice to do 1 or 2 banners from series like heroes and prison break. Just and idea though.
    I thought this was a anime site.....

When did it turn into a TV drama discussion site?
    image fail!

1 or 2 banners wouldn't hurt now would it.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I don't think they'd fit the atmosphere.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

Thumbs up

Ooooh, those new banners are pretty.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i think the new banner with naruto + sasuke is pretty sweet.

i also like scanlines !!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Many months later, I finally throw together banners... They're far from finished, so if anyone has suggestions on how to improve them, I'm all ears. Thanks to BoC for his help with scanlines, which I officially hate now.

i know the edges of the second one are messed up... tryin to fix that...

was told the scanlines don't really go with the DN one, and to try a different BG...

for a different forum (too lazy to make new post)

Last edited by masamuneehs; Sun, 06-17-2007 at 05:33 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Woah, those are nice

THe death note one for me is sort of "meh" but the other is awesome. I see you are learning well for everyone as well as well you are using the resources that I gifted you :P
    image fail!

It's 1 am and I'm pretty bored. Here's an Ergo Proxy one.

I am sure that was the look you were going for but why do you have scan lines everywhee but on her? Just seems that her hair is still behind the scan lines, but the rest of the body isnt. Other than that I love the banner Koyuki.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Koyuki:
    it's pretty cool, but just too dark and empty for my taste... maybe some brushing in those totally dark areas would help?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Ok, I'll try to remake the BG. Any other requests? (I passed all my examinations, so I have alot of free time to play with PS again ^_^)

Without scanlines

With scanlines
    Last edited by Koyuki; Mon, 06-18-2007 at 08:28 AM.

Random Generic Banners:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Lucifus; Mon, 08-06-2007 at 07:32 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

I like the FMA and Kenpachi banners. I think we should give those a shot.

What are the requirements to be a GW banner? Scan lines and a certain size xD?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I was gonna add those... after some compression that is . They're part of the rotation.

Requirements:
    1. Dimensions = 815x120px
    2. Side borders: match other banners (ie: slight charcoal-color gradient, unbroken white line borders). More generally, don't break the layout..
    3. Scan lines, in the image only, not in the borders. No real formal requirement on how they are, but don't go too crazy with them. Subtle is good. (I don't really know why for the scanlines... it's a Ciber thing ...). Anyway, try to match the status-quo...
    4. Lay off the blur effect. If your image looks like an impressionist painting, it's not going up. If it looks like I've got cataracts, it's not going up.
    5. Image content must be safe for work, and must be anime-themed. Preferably themed from a series that received significant discussion here while it was airing.
    6. Your image format should be .jpg or .png. If you give me a .png, I'll likely convert it to a .jpg with ImageMagick. I don't have anything against png's, just that with drawing close to 40 banners in the rotation now and all of them being jpegs already, a png would be sort of out of place. Needless to say (because I'm asking for jpegs), no animations will be considered.
    7. Image size under 100K. Under 60K is preferable if you can do it. If you can't or don't bother, but I like your image, I'll drop the quality a couple percent with ImageMagick and making sure it doesn't look like crap at a lower jpeg quality setting before posting it. But if you don't want me brutalizing it with software beyond your control, you should consider meeting this one...
    8. Most importantly, it has to impress me enough decide that it's worth spending the time to post (including changing formats and compressing it further, if I deem it necessary). Generally, I like anything that has a decent design sense, good colors, uses the space reasonably well and is reasonably interesting without being too distracting.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    I like the FMA and Kenpachi banners. I think we should give those a shot.
    Lucifus : Did you do all of those? I was looking for a place to praise the new banners I've seen in the past few days. FMA w\ wings is really good and i like the kenpachi too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus

I hate the bling >< but the rest is pretteh cooooooollllsszzcfd;jdfss

New deliveries my lord; anything you like?

By the way sir; do you plan on updating to a fresh template anytime soon? Change can in some cases be a good thing.

(Will prolly do some more later on, bored o the shop now)
    Last edited by Lucifus; Wed, 07-23-2008 at 08:07 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.