Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: KitKat's Thread o' Knitting

KitKat it is very generous of you to give up your free time to make something for people on this forum. I just looked at some of your designs, and you seem very good for someone who has just started out. I looked at the mage design scarf, and it is actually quite beautiful. It's colour scheme is perfect for the winter too. I remember doing some stitching work at school when I was 10, and I did enjoy watching my work come together from just scraps of cloth... guess that was the engineer in me at an early age!

Would it be possible to add me to your request list as well? I know you already have 11 people on the list, so if you don't have the energy for more requests I will understand totally.

It seems I've been missing out on alot since the last time I've been on IRC
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

KK, you should put your work on your site. Very good job on the scarf.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    DB, for sure I'll add you! I might take a while to get through the list, but you won't be forgotten.

So, here are the pics of the now finished Black Mage scarf and Space Invaders scarf. For the space invaders one, I initially chose a set of knitting needles far too small so it took me an insanely long time to knit. I also ran out of blue at the end, hence my little cartoon improvisation.

Awesome! I love the space invaders one! Wish I had one myself~
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Does the weather get ever cold enough in Singapore to use a scarf comfortably? (Or perhaps it should be said need to have a scarf to be comfortable.)

But you are absolutely right: The space invaders scarf looks splendid. It even has six colours!

sushigrass
    Seriously, her sister should really get on knitting more things so that the greatness of her sister doesn't surpass her too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Does the weather get ever cold enough in Singapore to use a scarf comfortably? (Or perhaps it should be said need to have a scarf to be comfortable.)
    Actually it's like summer in Singapore all year round, and you can break out a good sweat even wearing a long sleeved shirt in the day time. But still, that space invader scarf is good enough for air conditioned places too
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Edit: DamnZ. Please don't mind this post. >.>
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

I would like to be added to the list for a toque. The design in question would be a Black Toque with Spiegel written in Kanji on it in white. That would be sweet.

REVISED PLAN: A Black Toque with a White Laser Beam... Or a Mega Laser of Doom, Your design of course oh Laser & Cookie Moderator!
    Last edited by Spiegel; Sun, 05-06-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Sure Spiegs, although you might get bumped farther back on the list of more people ask for things.

Alright, so amidst the chaos of moving houses, I've finished Darkflare's scarf and mailed it off. I forgot to get a picture of it in its finished state, but you can see it below nearly complete.

I've also been working on some things for an anime/manga swap at craftster forums. I'll post some pics of those soon.

Hmmm.... I knit... but not that good XD Darn you and your knitting skills of awesometastical! *Tackleglomp*
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

Wow. Great job knitting those scarfs. I can't knit or sew anything to save my life.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Hehe, thanks!

Here's a pair of fingerless gloves I knitted for a swap. The girl had crazy specifications for what she wanted, so I tried to follow them as closely as I could.

And Zinobi.....you'll get your hat, really you will.....sometimeish.

Arcness' scarf is about half done, but is pretty crazy to knit, so more details on that when I get closer to being done.

>.>
    <.<;
    *Steals the gloves of funky and runs away flailing!*

XD Don't mind me. Just looking lol
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

OOOoohhlajfl :: add lots of whimsical and beautiful comments about Kitkat's sewing and so on .:: now that we have that out of the way I would LOVE A gloomy bear hat ^^.. IF at all possible I will wait as long as it takes.. A gloomy bear knit cap would be adorable ;o; with its bloody lil fangs ;x
    Sample gloomy
    Sample bear 2
    Glooma palooza

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Yup, I can do a gloomy bear hat no problem. I'll just modify one of the kitty ear hats, or the totoro hat patterns to make it all gloomy bearish. Judging from how slowly I'm going through the list, it might be a year though >_>

Wee that is fine by me :P... Its not like I'm in any rush.. winter is far off :P

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Hot off the press!

I was randomly inspired last night to make an ipod cozy, Code Geass themed. Random knitting details I won't bore you with, except for the fact that the sewing took about twice as long as the knitting. The sewing was EVIL, especially that little plastic sheet under the screen. It also turned out a bit big, so if I made this pattern again I think I'd go to a smaller size of knitting needles. Anyways, the sleeves for the power cord and headphones are something I was working on earlier, that I'd seen someone else do and thought was cool. Now I'll be able to tell all my silly cords apart by colour!

Totally awesome! Those wire sleeves are indeed a crazy idea.