Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: KitKat's Thread o' Knitting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

KitKat's Thread o' Knitting

I thought I would make this official, since it's started to grow beyond the scope of irc.

This thread has two purposes. Firstly, if anyone has suggestions of knitting projects, or wants to design cool anime- or game-related knitting patterns, I'd love to hear your ideas! Secondly, if you would like to request a knitted somethingorother, you may do so here.

A few ground rules about making requests:

1. If you are under 18, you must first obtain your parent's permission to give out your mailing address. The internet is full of scary people, and you shouldn't give out personal information unless you're sure it will be ok.

2. The more details you can give me about your request, the easier it will be for me. That being said, if you just want a surprise, you can ask for that too. Keep in mind, hand-knitted things don't always turn out like you expect. Curious about knitting patterns? They're just patterns on graph paper, with the boxes somewhat wider than they are tall to mimic an actual knit stitch. I'll attach an excel spreadsheet I made for my black mage pattern so you can get an idea.

3. I will be making most things out of el-cheapo acrylic yarn. It's not particularly wonderful, but it's functional, and can be reasonably soft, even though colour selection is limited by what's in stock at my local department or craft store. If you want something made out of nicer yarn, you may send it to me and I will knit it up for you.

4. I reserve the right to refuse any requests for any reason whatsoever, and to change up the order on the list for any frivolous reason I so choose. There shall be no complaining about such actions. Projects may also take a very long time to be finished. Knitting can be slow, so be patient.

5. You shall feel no indebtedness for receiving a knitted item. I'm serious. People these days place way too much emphasis on carefully keeping track of every favour and making sure they don't get stuck owing someone else. These knitted somethingorothers are freely given, and should be freely received. I love to knit for you guys because you're my online family, and it makes me happy to knit for you.

Ok, now for the gallery of current and future projects, along with the list that everyone is so curious about what place they are.

Binary Scarf for complich8 - completed January 2007
    Fingerless gloves for me - completed January 2007
    Shinigami toque for Arcness - completed January 2007
    Fingerless gloves for my Mom - completed March 2007
    DNA scarf for Spiegel - completed February 2007
    Black Mage doubleknit scarf for a friend - completed March 2007
    Space Invaders scarf for my brother - completed March 2007
    Crazy socks - in progress

*Names in red are inactive members and may be removed from the list if I don't hear from them*

Request list:
    Darkflare - doubleknit Mario ghost scarf
    Zinobi - Kon hat
    Arcness - Dark Saber scarf
    Phoenix - Phoenix banner
    Kraco - Katana scarf
    Lucifus - Code Geass-themed something
    DS - scarf
    Sasori - eliminated from the list
    Masamuneehs - cozy hat
    Assassin - undetermined
    gr3atfull - ?
    DB Hunter - undetermined
    Hikyuu - gloomy bear cap
    dragonrage - black fingerless gloves

This list will be updated as time goes on. I may cap it at a certain number of people if it starts to get enormous
    Last edited by KitKat; Sun, 11-01-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Oh my god KitKatz your like the greatest person! I want one. KitKat is now one of the most beloved members of my "Online Family"

Details in a bit. ----Bleach themed long fingerless gloves! If thats too much trouble then simply surprise me. =D

Greatfull if this request is granted but...it wouldn't feel right not being indebted.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Mon, 03-12-2007 at 11:50 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Well, I wanted more of a banner than a scarf ^_^

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Well, you can change the details of what you want at any point up until I start knitting it. You have lots of time to work out the design, and I won't start knitting until I've gone over it with you to make sure I have all the measurements and design correct.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    gosh, you really are somethin' else...

i see you've already got a full plate, and i wouldn't want to force myself on you (unless, you know, we were really sloshed at a party and could find a nice upstairs room, get comfortable with some massages and maybe work our way up to... )

No, but seriously, I'd love a good knit cap that covers my ears well. But I know you've got alot to do, and I totally understand if this whole idea becomes loathsome to you in the future. If you're not going to enjoy making it, I don't want it. If yes, then I'd feel really special if you decided to do something for me.

That being said, what's a pretty, smart young lady spending so much of her free time on knitting for? You should be out bewitching and heartbreaking. Seriously, kids these days with their crazy mixed up priorities...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

This is such a cool idea ^^ Always wanted to get into knitting. Perhaps you've inspired me to go and get started We'll see hehe

Hmmm.... I knit... but not that good XD Darn you and your knitting skills of awesometastical! *Tackleglomp*
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

Wow. Great job knitting those scarfs. I can't knit or sew anything to save my life.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Hehe, thanks!

Here's a pair of fingerless gloves I knitted for a swap. The girl had crazy specifications for what she wanted, so I tried to follow them as closely as I could.

And Zinobi.....you'll get your hat, really you will.....sometimeish.

Arcness' scarf is about half done, but is pretty crazy to knit, so more details on that when I get closer to being done.

>.>
    <.<;
    *Steals the gloves of funky and runs away flailing!*

XD Don't mind me. Just looking lol
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

OOOoohhlajfl :: add lots of whimsical and beautiful comments about Kitkat's sewing and so on .:: now that we have that out of the way I would LOVE A gloomy bear hat ^^.. IF at all possible I will wait as long as it takes.. A gloomy bear knit cap would be adorable ;o; with its bloody lil fangs ;x
    Sample gloomy
    Sample bear 2
    Glooma palooza

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Yup, I can do a gloomy bear hat no problem. I'll just modify one of the kitty ear hats, or the totoro hat patterns to make it all gloomy bearish. Judging from how slowly I'm going through the list, it might be a year though >_>

Wee that is fine by me :P... Its not like I'm in any rush.. winter is far off :P

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Hot off the press!

I was randomly inspired last night to make an ipod cozy, Code Geass themed. Random knitting details I won't bore you with, except for the fact that the sewing took about twice as long as the knitting. The sewing was EVIL, especially that little plastic sheet under the screen. It also turned out a bit big, so if I made this pattern again I think I'd go to a smaller size of knitting needles. Anyways, the sleeves for the power cord and headphones are something I was working on earlier, that I'd seen someone else do and thought was cool. Now I'll be able to tell all my silly cords apart by colour!

Totally awesome! Those wire sleeves are indeed a crazy idea.

Haha your awesome Kitkat you make knitting kool KK FTW
    I Don't like to say anything twice

KitKat makes everything cool

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Aww, thanks guys. And Shi, it's been a while since I've seen you around! Good to see you back.

Here's the Dark Saber scarf of Arcness' design (that I still haven't mailed to him yet, cause I'm a slacker and keep forgetting to go to the post office). I'm looking forward to the end of the semester so I can be done with school for a bit and catch up on knitting and anime.

Nice job, but is that supposed to be Dark? It looks like Darn to me.

And I see 2 guitars for guitar hero ftw!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I like how they've got the Guitar Hero guitars propped up against the real Stratocaster.

Nice looking scarf KitKat. I hope Arcness enjoys it. Better get it to him before the winter months set in.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs