View Poll Results: Will BoC have a lower rep than Animeniax one month from now?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • FO SHO

14 30.43%
  • NAW

32 69.57%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation System: Dramatics and Whining

A comment that agrees with your post, yet the hit is negative... Now I have got more than one of these. Although there wasn't much of an impact with either, it still begs the question whether the "I approve" and "I disapprove" aren't quite clear to all people. Maybe somebody thinks it doesn't mean you judge the post, but it's used to either approve or disapprove the greater matter that was being addressed in the post? And so if your post was a negative answer to something, the "I disapprove" would be agreeing with you by also being negative..?

On the other hand, maybe they were just ironic comments that were lost on me (irony rarely works over the Internet, as everybody should know. With almost no exception it's taken as hostile sarcasm).

i did that once, but that was cuz i was giving a negative comment, but in my haste i forgot to change it to 'disapprove'. So the guy got a +rep hit with a negative comment. But that was only once

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    i did that once, but that was cuz i was giving a negative comment, but in my haste i forgot to change it to 'disapprove'. So the guy got a +rep hit with a negative comment. But that was only once
    His case however, is the opposite. The person took the precious time to click on "disapprove" and left him with a good comment. Now, a person accidently forgetting to click "disapprove" is more likely than a person intentionally clicking "disapprove" and not meaning it no?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I find awesome someone thinks Im gay for a post I made in march

There's a conspiracy againt people writing properly

"thanks for writing properly" and negative points.

Should I start to write improperly to retain my rep?

English is not my first language, so I always strive to write it as well as I can. I don't know why that would offend anybody; this is the first time I witnessed such a thing. Normally people writing poorly get bashing. Well, there is the first time for everything, I suppose.

I did that. I meant to positive rep you, sorry

Alright. It's cool, no worries. Your punch wasn't very heavy anyhow, as it is

It's good to know I can continue to write properly!

lol I had given you that after reading one of bxgreatone's posts. His 2nd grader writing style pisses me off greatly.

Hmmm.

I haven’t posted in this thread for a while. Here are some new ones that made me laugh.

Rofl, that crap made me laugh so bad.

I've gotten about 10 pos reps since the changes. Still 3 bars. T-T
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    I recently got a negative rep for saying that Muffins are gay, and that Cupcakes are better.

........they said I was gay.

R.I.P Captain America.

Anonymous repping never truly works out.

On all the comic book, manga, scifi, etc.. boards I'm on the systems that work best are those that actually tell you who positively or negatively repped you.

For instance, I got a negative rep on my first post here for just pointing out a fact in the latest Naruto manga thread.

Not complaining, just saying is all.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzRonin
    Anonymous repping never truly works out.

On all the comic book, manga, scifi, etc.. boards I'm on the systems that work best are those that actually tell you who positively or negatively repped you.

For instance, I got a negative rep on my first post here for just pointing out a fact in the latest Naruto manga thread.

Not complaining, just saying is all.
    Well take it this way then If I sign or my username comes up as a positive rep I give you. Most see that as a act of kindness that they return, and as such a circle may start which may be called the "circle jerk". When you get more people in it you get results that are conflict in the reasoning for such a system to exist in the first place. A rep system is to reward those demmed worth it by their peers based on what they have done in posting. A "circle jerk" abuses the system in such a way that it doesn't matter what type of poster you are, It only matters who you know.

As well a good poster may give a member of this "circle jerk" a negitive rep, resulting in anger from that member making him ask that the members of his "circle" help him take this poster "down" per say.

This is high school all over again in which everyone had their "group" they belonged too and they looked down on all others not with them. That is why this we asked that usernames not be given in the comments of a rep.

Now that doesn't mean that the current Anonymous reping system is prefect, but it is far better to stay true to the reason for the system in the first place. Yes we have all been Neg reped for what appears to be no reason at all, as well I'm sure that there are people out there that do it for fun. I have been neg reped for stupid reasons as well, just don't let it get to you. I know that they need the veil of the rep system to insult me and such as they can't do it in front of me for what ever reason.

So Yes thats exactly what I'm saying people that give Negitive reps for what appears to be a just spiteful nature are cowards in my eyes. However there are some of the neg reps I have deserved as well.

Take the system as it is, don't let it take you
    Last edited by Deadfire; Fri, 07-14-2006 at 10:17 AM.
    image fail!

I really like the system you guys have here. Best I've seen.

I love you guys, though, haha.

My first like 10 reps were all pos, then I got a neg, then more pos, now, I've had like 15 straight neg reps! You guys are the best! hahaha

Don't double post.

And you wonder why people have been critical of you lately...

masamuneehs
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sun, 07-16-2006 at 08:32 AM.

where am i now

Missing Nin
    I'm still convinced this system promotes trolling considering some of the rep I'm seen including a negative rep for a thread started July 14, 2005 and of course insiteful comments like ?_?.

Overall why I see benifits for the person giving positive rep and negatives for the guy giving a negative rep but I certainly think that atleast negative rep should force a signiture to prevent trolling. Also the person recieving the rep should be made unable to negative rep or positive rep anyone who has done so for them within the persons last 15 posts.

I'm also personally against someone with a negative rep losing the ability to effect someone else's rep. That idea just seems poorly executed as simply put if a group of friends decide they don't like someone its fairly easy to just have them all neg rep the guy. Sure all the rep are from differn't sources and if the guy hits negative to whatever degree it takes to make his rep useless. Also note as soon as someone gets a negative rep they are much more likely to get another negative rep then a positive one and unless that person is going out of there way to get negative reps it is much more likely to just discourage a new poster.

What I dislike about the anonymity of this system is the very fact people can give you a negative reputation on a post for any unsubstantiated reason. Recently I was accused of starting a new Naruto release thread to "win a thread". I don't even know what that means. I think it a bit silly to be forced to think about every post and worry about being punished for trying to contribute. I'll probably get a negative rep for this post too.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    The problem with any public system is that there's going to be a lot of noise.

Further, by complaining about it in public, you validate that noise, which encourages it. People know it gets a rise out of you, so they'll keep it up.

Did you miss the "don't take it too seriously" part? <_< I think you're all taking it too seriously. A reputation hit, positive or negative, shouldn't be reviewed as "reward" or "punishment" but as "positive feedback" or "negative feedback". It's like someone yelling "WOOO!!!!" or "YOU SUCK!!!" out of a moving vehicle. You don't know who they are. You don't know why they approve or disapprove of what you're doing, unless they make it clear. You shouldn't let it get to you either way.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    What I dislike about the anonymity of this system is the very fact people can give you a negative reputation on a post for any unsubstantiated reason. Recently I was accused of starting a new Naruto release thread to "win a thread". I don't even know what that means. I think it a bit silly to be forced to think about every post and worry about being punished for trying to contribute. I'll probably get a negative rep for this post too.
    Nobody reps/neg reps for no reason unless they are randomly going around. You may have done something bad in the past, which has gotten them to view you as an idiot, which caused them to notice every mistake you make and neg rep it. The things that are questionable, is like being neg repped on a post from a year ago.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba