Page 16 of 159 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

or better yet, just claim that she died by accident. yeah, she just happened to hit her head on the car and die as a guy was trying to shoot her and then blow himself up. i don't know what's going to happen now, but i really hope nawaz sharif or musharraf don't get too prominent. the only sane person i can think of to lead the country now is imran khan, who's too liberal and passive to come out on top.

Imran Khan isn't fit to lead the country. I think he means well, which is a big thing in itself in Pakistani politics, but he has no political pedigree. He has no ideas how to take the country forward. His policies seem to be anti-american administration and anti mush. Nawaz Sharrif is too discredited, like Bhutto herself actually was, and Mush is just generally hated by everyone now.

I think Pakistan is suffering an identity crisis more than anything else right now. The four provinces are at loggerheads, and Pakistani nationalism has failed.

Well, the whole thing with the Pakistani government's official stance seems a bit fishy. They've put out conflicting reports on her cause of death already, and it hasn't even been 3 days. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the government was pulling the strings, or at least responsible in some way.

bump

Wow, its getting bad in Kenya, after that election. Like really bad...all that senseless violence in basically the only part of that region that wasn't in turmoil. i hope this clears ups fairly soon, because it doesn't bode well for the people or the future stability of the country.

Would be nice if you put a link so that uninformed people could know what you're talking about. The best I could manage

Anyway its nice to know that some of you guys are concerned about world events and international politics that don't particularly or directly affect you. I don't really concern myself with anything that doesn't directly affect me not because I don't care well maybe but whatever.

I know a few people who are pretty well connected with the upper echelon of the Pakistani government but they don't seem to care probably because they live in America and are financially secure but still.......
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

and therein lies the problem.....

This shit is nuts:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ied/index.html

Some Luke and Leia action.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 01-12-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Judgment Day is soon approaching, readying my EM canon.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Word.

What's even more worrying is this article from 6 years ago: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...864460978.html

It's all a little sinister.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

really? i think it's fascinating. you guys should check out ray kurzweil's "age of spiritual machines" if you're into this stuff.

Wow thats the trouble now with not video games but with kids these days, their delusional. They can't distinguish fantasy from reality and whats worse their proud of it. Walking around with some false sense of accomplishment.

Probably some little geeks, cause no one else spends hours playing online games, thinking their tough and they go gang up on some old men. I mean while its still unbelievable, I could understand how some dumb kids could do this but a 31 year old man. First off a 31 year old man spending hours playing online games is bad enough but when things escalated and got serious not only did they agree to meet with these kids but they actually showed up.

Wow stuff like this saddens me not because it happened but because I'm supposed to be the same species as these "people."

About the other story what the hell kind of 13 year old girl is this, she is obviously deranged. The smart thing to do would have just been to give her her burger. Must have been some nice guys to only subdue her and wait until the cops showed up.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    About the other story what the hell kind of 13 year old girl is this
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Local News
    a 13-year-old girl who just got out of Juvenile Detention
    Obviously she wasn't in there long enough...

Sapphire is awesome!

Boy Dies Copying Naruto
    Story from NarutoCentral
    Story from otakutimes

Youtube Clip of News Coverage (Note: You will hear several Na-Roooo-Toe's)
    Note: At the time the news report was made the boy hadn't died, but he does later.

Another Youtube Clip of news coverage

When a 10 year old boy is left alone with 5 other children, none of whom are smart enough to realize that burying someone head first in a foot of sand will not give them super powers, and is in fact a terrible idea, is it not clearly the fault of Naruto and by extension all anime and perhaps even all of Japan?

Codey was a bright, imaginative boy with many friends,
    obviously not bright enough. im glad he wont be passing on his genes.

Not bright but he must have been extremely imaginative to think he would somehow miraculously survive suffocation. Normally people tend to take breathing pretty seriously, and lack imagination to come up with ways to live without air.

Though being imaginative didn't really help in the end.

^^ Yeah... I don't even think it's humanly possible to hold your breath until you die. That kid must have been stuck or something. I don't think the sand in a sandbox is that thick and heavy that he couldn't get out on his own if he couldn't breathe.

Conspiracy I say!!

But seriously... I don't know what those kids were thinking.