Page 22 of 159 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Oh Jesus.

I don't mind calling Indians "Asians", but that's just ridiculous.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Obama has shattered presidential campaign fundraising records, raking in more than $265 million as of the end of April. Of that, nearly $10 million was for the general election. McCain, on the other hand had raised nearly $115 million by the end of May,

This is from an article talking about how obama said he wouldn't take from some public campaign fund....

and while reading this about him collecting $265 million dollars I couldn't help but wonder how the economy is in such horrible shape if people give $265 million dollars to obama, and i'm not going to take the time to try to calculate out how much money hillary blew in her campaign... its just a rediculous amount of money

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Oh Jesus.

I don't mind calling Indians "Asians", but that's just ridiculous.
    I think the article writer is taking liberties with the labels, ie, they aren't really going to refer to yellow people as blacks, just that they'd be categorized as a minority just like the blacks in South America. If I'm wrong, I'll hang my head in shame.

@Xan: so what do you call yellow Asians if you want to differentiate between them and the browns?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Oh, I guess I assumed they were actually going to be referred to as "black", what with the quotation marks and all. I mean, it says that before this they were classified as "honorary whites."

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    so what do you call yellow Asians if you want to differentiate between them and the browns?
    I can't think of a situation where I've ever actually had to differentiate the two. I suppose It'd just depend on where they're from. Or I guess if I was speaking to a person who calls Indians Asians I'd say: "Asians, as in, not Indians."

In other news: http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...t_report_says/
    Gloucester school officials have discovered at least part of the reason that their high school pregnancy rate has more than quadrupled over the past year, according to a Time magazine story that hits newsstands today.
    more stories like this

"Nearly half the expecting students, none older than 16, confessed to making a pact to get pregnant and raise their babies together," the magazine's story said, after reporters talked with Joseph Sullivan, Gloucester High School principal.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I heard that on the news last night, and I think it's absolutely stupid. Teens getting pregnant just because they want to. I don't even see why they would want to. Also, I remember hearing that one of them even went to the extent of having sex with a 25-year-olf. I don't get it.
    Now 99% disease free!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by python862
    I heard that on the news last night, and I think it's absolutely stupid. Teens getting pregnant just because they want to. I don't even see why they would want to. Also, I remember hearing that one of them even went to the extent of having sex with a 25-year-olf. I don't get it.
    They probably thought it'd be fun for the kid to have a mum who's more like a big sister. I seriously can't imagine a girl from say my highschool trying to get pregnant.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by python862
    Yeah, the radio show I heard about this on was saying that it was a 25 year-old homeless guy.

I really wish girls had their periods a bit later in life. I'd hate to be these girls' father.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Where these bitches at? I'll put one in 'em.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Massachusetts, if you're willing to pay for the flight. I could care less at this point about the whole matter; alls I know is that I'm not getting laid. Insert angry face.
    Now 99% disease free!

It's disturbing that they're interested in having a baby so much that they don't care whose baby it is. Kids these days really grow up too fast for their own good.

If you're willing to call that growing up. To me, that's just the stupidity of the new teen age showing. I like to think that I'm detatched from that evil group.
    Now 99% disease free!

I mean kids in general there. I wasn't talking about these girls. Or maybe I was. After all parenting is part of life for a lot of people.

As much as I liked the movie, Juno probably made some of these girls think getting pregnant was glamorous and fun.

I wish some Japanese girls were more interested in solving their nation's problems with population decrease by birthing more and earlier. I'd volunteer to donate my time and energy.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Crossposting from the bitching thread:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25322638/

LOS ANGELES - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital Sunday, a spokesman said. He was was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PT after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Known for his edgy, provocative material, Carlin achieved status as an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine about seven dirty words you could not say on television. A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of his "Filthy Words" routine ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.
    I really don't want to believe this, even though I expected it soon.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Oh no, what a sad day..
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Read about it somewhere else, but yea...He was a comedic genius...one of the best ever.

This was news to me.

http://www.gotwoot.net/?p=196

Too bad they picked a series Yesy's hentai division is already subbing.

There have been some subbing groups subbing also hentai publicly, Lunar among them, for example. Who knows how many people from groups have done that under different names (well, Lunar also did using another name, but it was clearly visible at their main site).

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    This was news to me.

http://www.gotwoot.net/?p=196
    Not really such a new thing...