Page 41 of 159 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    Hitler himself didn't have either Blue eyes or Blond Hair.
    not interesting and quirky enough, FAIL!.

Did you know that the aryan race master example specimen (the guy they used as an example of the aryan body ideal) was actually a Jew, and that hitler knew about it and approved the usage of him as propaganda material?

I saw a documentary about anti-gay-marriage evangelical christian groups earlier, do these people even know what sort of crap they're sprouting?
    people said that the bible insisted that marriage was between one man and one woman. which is basically ignoring just about any figure in the bible. and then there was someone who said that gays are dangerous to the human race as explained by theory of evolution, he quickly added "in which I don't believe, of course!", just to make himself look even more of an shithead.
    seriously, do these people know how they're getting sheeped around by right wing extremists?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    people said that the bible insisted that marriage was between one man and one woman. which is basically ignoring just about any figure in the bible.
    Both the New and Old Testaments unequivocally condemn homosexuality. If you are a Christian and consider the Bible authoritative, you can only treat homosexuals as normal people through cognitive dissonance.

EDIT:

To the two passive-aggressive pussies who neg repped me condescendingly, I hope you neg repped someone who dismissed hundreds of years of sociopolitical thought with blithe catchphrases he probably picked up from his dad. Watch how easy it is to do with capitalism, for example: Capitalism is an untenable system because the theory of free-market economics ignores the obvious historical tendency of the powerful to ask for and receive protection for their momentary privilege.

Completely agree with your statement about Capitalism, but there is no perfect system. In democracy majority rules... and we know what is this majority... in Totalitarianism one person rules, but what if this guy is stupid too? or worse - he is not stupid, but sadistic to his own people. Anarchy solves those problems but gives another ones(in my opinion best form of anarchy is Social Anarchism, still in my opinion its impossible to achieve because of people's nature(yes i have no faith left in humanity)).
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Selfishness is an evolutionarily desirable trait. Animals that don't seek to fulfill their own interests lose out on the cycle. The simple fact is that there isn't enough of everything for everyone.

Perhaps you lost faith in all living things?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

We have risen to be more than simple animals, and are able to control our instincts(well - most people can) therefore we developed other values(love, friendship, wars, etc) compared to the animals. So I think I only lost faith in humanity.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Selfishness is an evolutionarily desirable trait.
    So is altriusm.

The simple fact is that there isn't enough of everything for everyone.
    Well, yes, there is.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Well, yes, there is.
    Tell that to the economists. An entire science was created to address the problem of "best satisfying unlimited wants with limited resources".

------------------------------------
    Reviewing the law: Should do-gooders get sued?

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1005176
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 12-22-2008 at 04:07 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

leave it to ABC to compare a situation with an unconscious woman inside a crashed car and a situation where the woman needed someone to help her go up the stairs (practically).

I hate news networks, they got all the time they need to make a good report, but they make crap instead.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

This is also a problem of Hollywood movies that make it look like that if you kick a car it will catch fire and explode like a jar of nitroglycerine.

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    So is altriusm.
    I tend to find that 99% of all acts of altruism result in some form of personal gain anyway. Plus, most learned behavior is drawn from a system of operant conditioning.

And no, Y, there isn't.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quake zone hero pig named China's animal of the year

Here's a role model for future entrepreneurs..... at least according to the article.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Looks like someone got caught "lip-synching".
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Tell that to the economists. An entire science
    Economics is as much a science as phrenology or alchemy.

The competition of consoles has been decided! Do you agree or not?
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

MS won, hands down, sure they are behind nintendo at about 10 million units, but the software attach rate of the x360 is so insanely high, that I think it has the highest attach rate of all time (perhaps worldwide ps2 attach rate is higher).

To be honest, I don't think microsoft even views nintendo as competition, most ppl who have a wii also have a 360.
    -----------------

Does not matter for me which console is winning, most xbox games go to pc after some time, and those titles which i want are released on ps3(FF XIII Versus for example, God of War III, Valkyria Chronicles etc.) and it got blu-ray too.
    True, Wii owns in part of gameplay - but still i don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Does not matter for me which console is winning.
    Ditto, because I own all three. I must admit, that I'm happy for Nintendo. To see them back on top after the Virtual Boy, N64, and the Gamecube, is pretty cool. It's a shame that the PS3 is so far behind, even though it has the best hardware. A high price and refusing to lower it will do that to you.

Another day, another billion, another monopoly in the making. I have to say though, they actually might have something with this.

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/...pdspmrc0000001

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/...ing/index.html

Touche Steve Ballmer.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    What an ass.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~