Page 103 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    So my humble little town was the subject of an O'Reilly segment on Fox News. This guy calls a cop making an arrest on the other side of the street a Nazi, and the cops, instead of letting it go, go up to the man and start asking for his I.D. This is a prime example of how law enforcement operates in my part of the state.

O'Reilly segment

And the original video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOsq_45SnQ

He starts his antics around 5:55, after a male officer illegally searches a female suspect. The cops know they don't have shit on him but threaten to bring code enforcement to his house because his grass is too high.. WTF??
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    So my humble little town was the subject of an O'Reilly segment on Fox News. This guy calls a cop making an arrest on the other side of the street a Nazi, and the cops, instead of letting it go, go up to the man and start asking for his I.D. This is a prime example of how law enforcement operates in my part of the state.

O'Reilly segment

And the original video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOsq_45SnQ

He starts his antics around 5:55, after a male officer illegally searches a female suspect. The cops know they don't have shit on him but threaten to bring code enforcement to his house because his grass is too high.. WTF??
    It's illegal not to have an ID on your own property?? O_O

user posted image

The cop was giving the guy shit because the guy was insulting him. Well damn, i'm shocked.

Sure, there are a lot of corrupted cops out there. Insulting one at random however is pretty damn stupid. If you think he's abusing his power, of course he's going to pull some shit to arrest you.

Seriously, the guy who filmed that video was just acting like a smart ass cause he hate cops. If you really think there is a problem, there are plenty of way to go about changing it without making yourself looks like a jackass. If he thought what the cops was doing is wrong, he should have just filmed the video and leaked it to a local news channel or newspaper. There are plenty of news media out there that are more than happy to report a story like that.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Sat, 09-04-2010 at 01:52 PM.

fox news guys and girls live up to their name. they're horrible.

the cops have nothing at him, he's only an ignorant person who can't keep his mouth shut.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    Seriously, the guy who filmed that video was just acting like a smart ass cause he hate cops. If you really think there is a problem, there are plenty of way to go about changing it without making yourself looks like a jackass. If he thought what the cops was doing is wrong, he should have just filmed the video and leaked it to a local news channel or newspaper. There are plenty of news media out there that are more than happy to report a story like that.
    Yeah, this.

Hate to say it, but I agree with Papa Bear.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Of course he was acting like a jackass, but that's his right as an American. The only way he can be arrested for only saying words is if he threatened someone. And he didn't. Law enforcement aren't supposed to go on someone's personal property and ask for their I.D. when the person wasn't doing anything illegal.

Regardless of how people act, cops are supposed to be held to a higher standard. If they weren't, we would have some serious problems.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    Of course he was acting like a jackass, but that's his right as an American. The only way he can be arrested for only saying words is if he threatened someone. And he didn't. Law enforcement aren't supposed to go on someone's personal property and ask for their I.D. when the person wasn't doing anything illegal.

Regardless of how people act, cops are supposed to be held to a higher standard. If they weren't, we would have some serious problems.
    Those cops clearly do not hold themselves to a higher standard.

I'm not debating the right or wrong of the situation. I'm just saying that he should have gone about it in another more effective way. Compares the 2 potential headlines.

"Man arrested after calling police Nazis" or "Concerned citizen took footage of police making illegal searches"

The focus of the real situation is now himself being arrested after insulting the cops rather than the illegal searches. When you want to change something and especially when it's political in nature, it's very helpful to have the public on your side. Right now, the result is him getting arrested and a bunch of idiots arguing on youtube. If he had submitted a story instead, it's very possible that those cops could've been fired if enough people get angry about the situation.

But if he didn't provoke them he wouldn't have proof that they arrest without just cause. The threat of code enforcement shows me they were going to do anything possible to make an example of the guy, whether it was legal or not.

From what I've heard the charges were dropped anyway and rightfully so.

You really don't know how hard it is for me to defend this asshole. The heinous crime the woman on O'Reilly's show referred to happened in 2003 when this guy (Matt Harden) and his friend beat a dog to death and grilled and ate him. Supposedly Harden's only involvement was that it happened at his house, but I have heard it was more than that.

Wow, what a cowardly douchebag. He's talking tough until the police decide to call him out on it, then he runs like a bitch. He got what he deserved, especially after the news about his prior animal cruelty arrest. Then they showed us his picture and there's no denying the guy is a douchebag.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

True Hero: Man swerves car taking the full force of a collision to save his wife and unborn child.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    True Hero: Man swerves car taking the full force of a collision to save his wife and unborn child.
    the driver tried to take her sweater off while driving, asking the other front passenger to take the wheel at the time.
    wow that pisses me off.. dude died because some chick decided to take her sweater off while driving.. I can't even wrap my head around the idiocy of the driver of the Chevy Blazer. Now dude's baby is gonna be raised without a dad (well, unless she remarries of course).

that story was a major downer.. now i'm sad

user posted image

DADT overturned

Goddamn fucking finally.

Hey rest of the world. It's us, America. Will you let us inside now? We're decent human beings now, I promise.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

what about the DADT policy on irc.gotwoot.net?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Yeah that was reported on kotaku awhile ago, but to be honest, I really don't think he swerved to save his wife, I believe him swerving was a simple survival instinct, trying not to die himself.

But yeah at least his wife and their child survived.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    what about the DADT policy on irc.gotwoot.net?
    I prefer to live by the creedo: "you don' know, you betta axe somebody."

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

We had another crazed gunman on campus at UT Austin today. Turns out it was a 19 year old math major with an AK-47. He didn't kill anyone except himself, but they closed the university all day because of the investigation. We had SWAT on campus with their armored APC style vehicles, a helicopter, and the requisite news crews. I was on campus when they locked the area down, but it was more a social event than a tense standoff. Students were standing around taking pictures and chatting near the blockade points. My word, UT has some fine b*tches in the kinesiology department. I was coming from a PE class and got holed up with some of these girls. Yowza! What a morning.

Sounds like an exceedingly civilized crazy gunman if the only person he killed was himself. Most of the publicity seeking ones first slaughter total outsiders and then take the easy way out. The world would be a better place if they all were like your math major.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Even more amazing is that he performed all of one killing with an AK47..

Maybe he only had one bullet.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

No, he was firing indiscriminately but apparently not actually aiming for anyone.

News story: http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...ooting_on.html