Page 12 of 159 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    U.S. Republican Senator Pleads Guilty to 'Lewd Conduct' in Men's Restroom

Quote Originally Posted by Police Report
    "Craig would look down at his hands, ‘fidget’ with his fingers, and then look through the crack into my stall again. Craig would repeat this cycle for about two minutes... The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area,”
    In 1982, Craig went on network news to deny rumors involving cocaine and sex with male congressional pages.

This guy was also working on Mitt Romney's presidential election staff, as a Senate Liaison, a position he resigned today.

Guy shoulda been a Democrat...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gang of girls attack and sexually assault a boy

If the other way round wasn't bad enough, you know there is something screwed up for sure when shit like this happens.

It doesn't say how old the boy was. While a crime is a crime and the victim shouldn't be blamed, I still have to reckon the girls must have been real brutes if the boy couldn't at least escape.

3 average and determined girls can do quite a bit of damage to one lone guy who's also average, especially if he's not into hitting women. Also they could have easily lured him in under false pretenses (sex appeal) then bound him while his guard was down.

In cases like this it's sad that the gut reaction is to assume something was wrong with the guy because he was imprisoned and beaten up by a bunch of women. Women are just as capable of laying traps and tricking people as men are, in fact they're probably better on average since it's easier to let your guard down around a the 'weaker' sex.

I still say the guy must have been a pussy....

Either that or he's handicapped, has some sort of problem disabling him from defending himself, etc. But if not, then you have to fail pretty hard to get raped by teenage girls.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I wish I could fail that hard.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Only rational explanation: the girls were ugly.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

damn shame

*SMH at the article...on another note

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Are those pics of Board Of Command, looks similar....
    Last edited by Foomanchew24; Thu, 08-30-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Sig made by Lucifus

Have you guys seen the video of Bill O'Reily and the Lesbian gangs converting girls.. it is kinda related--

wheres video of him being sexually assaulted?

some people may recall that there has recently been an upsurge in the sheer amount of medical diagnoses of American children having attention-deficit-disorder (ADD) as well as ADHD. In accordance with these diagnoses, the number of children and young adults (ages 8-17) on substances such as Rydalin has skyrocketed.

In short, ADD and ADHD is a "behavioral disease" that results in short attention span, lack of ability to concentrate and general impulsive behavior. The chemical substances prescribed for all sorts of attention deficit is Methylpenidate, commonly known as Ridalin. Ridalin is a Control II Substance because it is essentially a stimulant of the central nervous system. Part of the effectiveness is simply increasing the amount of dopamine present in the body.

My take on this. Essentially, these spoiled brats are being brought to the doctor and their parents complaining until they are prescribed meds that make them easier to handle. Kids hopped up on Ridalin are calmer, less compulsive and rambunctious (read: less like children) and tend to perform better in school. In a society where children are nurtured on instant-gratifiers like TV, video games and fed with concentrated sugars, this really doesn't seem all that surprising to me. However, rather than overcome these problems themselves, the modern way is to medicate them away.

(I'm not saying that some people don't have ADD or ADHD, but I believe that for the majority of 'ADHD victims' it is simply a question of willpower and self-control. I have a shitty attention span and am easily distracted, but I know that forcing my ass to sit down and grit through it is better than relying on some goddamn medicine).

Well, this brings us to today's news, what may prove to be yet 'The Next Child Epedemic'

Huge Increase in Youth BiPolar Diagnoses Since 1994

the official study can be found here:
    http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/con...hort/64/9/1032
    Full Text:
    http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/64/9/995

Perhaps this isn't quite an 'epidemic' yet, but only because the gold-standard chemical involved in treating it is Lithium, a rather toxic substance.

I think this is also outrageous, but again not saying BiPolar isn't a serious and scary thing. What I believe is that there's simply more dumb motherfuckers who are willing to classify a child's moodiness as being bipolar.

Think of a baby. It can be cooing and smiling and laughing one second, then ball up its face and start crying to high hell the next. These 'temper tantrums' persist throughout childhood. A large part of becoming an adult is learning how to balance out your emotions, how to keep your spirits up without instant gratification / provision by parents, and how to keep yourself from going off the deep end in your own little world.

Bipolar for adults is classified as dramatic alterations in mood, between depression and euphoria, that alter every 3-6 months. In children, however, the standard is much lower, with small fits of each sometimes being used to diagnose bipolar behavior.

Why do I insist upon my theories? Because many studies, including the most recent one, into these 'diagnosis trends' have shown that the upswing in diagnoses is due to the fact that doctors more aggressively applied the diagnosis to children, and not that the incidence of the disorder had increased!

Finally, this little tidbit from the study balls these two things together:

-- 32.2% of the younger people who were diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder were also diagnosed with ADHD

-- 3% of the older people who were diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder were also diagnosed with ADHD

And i don't think it's a goddamn coincidence at all, and no, they aren't biologically or genetically attached conditions either. It's the fucking doctors, the dumbass parents, (and probably the money hungry pharmaceutical industry) and a fucking lazy society that classifies every shortcoming as 'disease' and looks for a magic bullet cure.

Finally... unrelated to the above:
    China denies hacking into Pentagon system

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I would kind of agree with that. I'm contracting at a mental health hospital (uk) right now, and though I havn't been to the youth wing I have heard that some of the kids just need a slap instead of having their every need pandered to.

To be honest my take is that there probably are a small minority of kids with mental health problems, but the vast majority either need a slap to straighten them out or the love and attention of their parents/family. Thing is though dysfuntional kids in the West are a product of western society. A lot of these kids come from broken homes or where the parents are both at work and can't give the attention to their kids that they deserve and need.

The fabric of society is being torn by increased pressures on parents to work harder and longer, single parent families and I would say stupid liberalist ideas and values. I mean oultlawing smacking your kids, thats the worst shit I've ever heard. When kids know the parents can't legally touch them, of course they are going to take advantage of the situation and ignore their elders. Then you have the whole sexualisation of childhood crap, where you have fake breast pads in clothes for pre-teen girls, which screws them up further.

The problem is staring everyone in the face. Its not genetic, heriditary or chemical, its conceptual. Look at the ideas that drive society and you will find the cause of these problems with kids.

My thoughts on the topic are: Is it better to over diagnose or under? Would you rather have kids failing because they aren't getting the care they need or ones passing .. just zombified for their childhood?

Was at work today reading an old newspaper from Thursday... anyway read a story about some guy who didn't feel comfortable being male and since doctors didn't want to do anything he took matters into his own hands, looked up online for how to do a DIY castration. He took a kitchen knife... and you guess the rest. o.o;
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

...made some salami??

the Senator who tried to get his dick sucked by an undercover cop in a men's bathroom stall (see: http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...&postcount=221) is back in the news again... Seriously, this guy just needs to know when to fold them...

Senator Larry Craig to Attempt Repeal of Guilty Plea, to Remain in Congress

Also, in a domestic military screw-up
    B-52 Bomber mistakenly takes off with Nuclear Warheads attached
    The nukes were missing for three hours and nobody noticed! Jack Bauer would be biting someone's goddamned head off!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...la-home-center

They're bringing back the DeLorean!!

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Also, in a domestic military screw-up
    This is a military screw-up straight from Sweden:

Quote Originally Posted by www.thelocal.se
    New defence minister refused to bear arms

Published: 5th September 2007 18:08 CET
    Online: http://www.thelocal.se/8400/

Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt has promoted Trade Minister Sten Tolgfors to the post of defence minister, following the resignation of Mikael Odenberg, who quit in protest at cuts in the defence budget. Tolgfors's appointment has raised eyebrows after it emerged that he refused on principle to carry out military service.
    Well, the Swedes haven't been in a war since they lost the last one in 1809...

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...la-home-center

They're bringing back the DeLorean!!
    If I had the money to buy one I would, not to drive on a regular basis, but just to say I have one. I would do it in the later Back to the Future style when he has the food processor on the front end and I would make it where I could put stuff in there and it would make compost and store it in the back. Make it look like that actually is my Fuel. That would be fun.