Page 156 of 159 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    My favorite quote from him (one of his roles): "I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."
    that's a terrifyingly sad quote.

Sooo apparently this is happening: Marvel & Attack on Titan Crossover

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Which Marvel hero cant just smash all Titans by himself? :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

spiderman can go undercover in the scout unit. he is experienced in 3d movement and midair maneuvering.

Undercover? He can ruin them all single-handedly.
    -----------------

Until mutant titans start to appear.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Until mutant titans start to appear.
    But spider sense!

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    US Navy laser cannon blows targets out of the water - at $1 a shot

Railguns, now lasers..

Goodbye bullet drop.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Terrorists will buy a big mirror and the laser destroyer will destroy itself.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Just like Archimedes, thats cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie View Post
    Ditto. Businesses will have to raise prices so min wage earners won't be much better off and those earning more than min wage will be worse off because they'll have to pay higher prices.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

To be fair, it doesn't hit $15 until 2020.

And there are still people protesting for McDonald's to raise their minimum wage to $15. You can live a perfectly decent life on minimum wage $9/hr full-time in California. Just forego some amenities and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie View Post
    And there are still people protesting for McDonald's to raise their minimum wage to $15. You can live a perfectly decent life on minimum wage $9/hr full-time in California. Just forego some amenities and you'll be fine.
    I dispute that. Are you living proof that you can live on $9/hr in California? In some states maybe, but it'd still be a tough life with lots of sacrifices. Of course, that should encourage a person to improve themselves so they make more money and don't have to subsist on the bare minimum, but evidently that doesn't work with lots of people.

What bugs me is when people start families when they can't afford to support them. If you make minimum wage, you should not be allowed to have children unless your spouse also makes at least twice minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    To be fair, it doesn't hit $15 until 2020.
    That's not that far off. I guess it still gives me time to increase my earning power so I can still afford to live the middle-middle class lifestyle I currently have. Once businesses raise prices to offset minimum wage increases, I'll be living a lower-middle class lifestyle at my current wages.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    That's not that far off. I guess it still gives me time to increase my earning power so I can still afford to live the middle-middle class lifestyle I currently have. Once businesses raise prices to offset minimum wage increases, I'll be living a lower-middle class lifestyle at my current wages.
    Indeed. Be more productive and work harder for us, wage-slave. Don't worry, even if the economy falters, we'll be bailed out again by our patsies-- I mean elected government representatives. Oh, and by the way, we're moving our businesses' "corporate headquarters" to Romania, there's a staff of one, and she works part time. You can review the details at our Innovation Headquarters, its the same building you've always known us in.

spacing - The 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Indeed. Be more productive and work harder for us, wage-slave. Don't worry, even if the economy falters, we'll be bailed out again by our patsies-- I mean elected government representatives. Oh, and by the way, we're moving our businesses' "corporate headquarters" to Romania, there's a staff of one, and she works part time. You can review the details at our Innovation Headquarters, its the same building you've always known us in.

spacing - The 1%.
    It's still the American dream after all. Personally I'm looking forward to a Fight Club-esque restructuring of society amid the destruction of financial records. Though that would piss me off since I spent all this time saving and being frugal.

Christopher Lee, 93, has died. No doubt like a Numenorean he chose this moment now that the Hobbit trilogy is finished as well. Though he had roles in bigger blockbusters especially of late, I'll always think of him as the best Count Dracula actor. May your rest be better than a vampire lord's!

Man was a true legend. R.I.P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

Truly one of a kind. The world is a smaller and unfortunately a now quieter place.