Page 53 of 159 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090313/...ichael_jackson

I'm guessing a large percentage, more than half are ticket brokers... so... isn't jacko bankrupt? or is he just broke?

and my final thought... come showtime, I hope the seats are half empty because all the people who bought the tickets only bought them to try and sell them for thousands of dollars days before showtime.

Paraplegic walks again, click to see how:
    http://cbs13.com/local/Paraplegic.Ma....2.958151.html

In other news, Spider-Man IV should come out on 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by David Blancarte
    David's dream is to see his 14-year-old twin daughters grow up and get married so he can walk them down the aisle and have that first dance.
    Aw, that's pretty sweet of him. Yea, it sucks to have to be confined to a wheelchair for 20 years of your life, but that's kind of odd how a spider bite, especially from a Brown Recluse Spider, would give his legs a jump start. I guess the venom must have neutralized or "gave life" to something.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I wish that article had gone into more detail about the events. Was it the spider bite that "woke up" his nerves or was it simply that they were already awake and the tests run because of the spider clued doctors in on that fact?

It's also written really oddly. Read it out loud. It sounds like beat poetry.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I wish that article had gone into more detail about the events. Was it the spider bite that "woke up" his nerves or was it simply that they were already awake and the tests run because of the spider clued doctors in on that fact?
    I'm wondering about that too. I'm surprised there wasn't a doctor's comment on this neither, just a nurse giving a general "asleep" comment. (They always dumb it down to normal people can understand.)

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

8 Brilliant Scientific Screw-ups

Hard work and dedication have their time and place, but the values of failure and ineptitude have gone unappreciated for far too long. They say that patience is a virtue, but the following eight inventions prove that laziness, slovenliness, clumsiness and pure stupidity can be virtues, too.
    Interesting article talking about the screw-ups of history that lead to these innovative discoveries. I particularly liked the Photography section of the article.

I like how that paraplegic man who learned to walk again after a spider bite was recently arrested for domestic violence.

'Brain decline' begins at age 27

• Peak of intelligent mind is age 22
    • Memories stay intact until age 37
    • General information and vocabulary stays until age 60

Obama 'outraged' at AIG bonuses

Even I, a fiscal conservative, am outraged by this outrageous scandal. It is ridiculous how we are even nationalizing corporations that are failing while still leaving most of the very same CEOs who caused this entire mess, but this issue transcends all.

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin
    Obama 'outraged' at AIG bonuses

Even I, a fiscal conservative, am outraged by this outrageous scandal. It is ridiculous how we are even nationalizing corporations that are failing while still leaving most of the very same CEOs who caused this entire mess, but this issue transcends all.
    Apparently those pre-crisis contracts they are "only honouring" didn't have a clause that if the services of these fine individuals were to drive the company onto a brink of bankruptcy, the bonuses wouldn't need to be paid. I bet the one who wrote those contracts is also among the recipients...

I'm outraged as well...

I think if any of those people actually receive any of that money that they should be made an example of. If your business has gone under and the government is paying to keep you afloat, how the F@#% can you even think about giving even 1000th amount of that money in bonuses... wtf is that.

We've got enough problems paying for octomom and her 14 kids... we don't need to have tax payers paying extra money for years so some douche ceo's can be even more rich than they already are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7954942.stm

Government imposing 90% tax on big bonuses at companies who receive bailout money... Way to go. If anybody is getting a million dollar bonus, that means they already have more than enough money anyhow.

I'd like to think that I could live for a very long time on a million dollars, as long as I don't move to somewhere like California where cost of living is high.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.3dfc1c3.html

Not sure if this should be here or in the MMA thread, but this school in Dallas is accused of making students involved in disputes "duke it out" in a cage in the school's basement.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.3dfc1c3.html

Not sure if this should be here or in the MMA thread, but this school in Dallas is accused of making students involved in disputes "duke it out" in a cage in the school's basement.
    Oh wow... cage fights in a school basement ^^

Oak Cliff has a bad reputation w\ a high crime rate. It's a predominantly black/hispanic area of South Dallas ( no race card being played.. just facts )

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    Oh wow... cage fights in a school basement ^^

Oak Cliff has a bad reputation w\ a high crime rate. It's a predominantly black/hispanic area of South Dallas ( no race card being played.. just facts )

The race card wasn't played in the article so why do you assist on bringing it to our attention? it's funny, you made the statement
    "Oak Cliff has a bad reputation w\ a high crime rate"
    follow by
    "it's a predominantly black/hispanic area"
    hence
    "Just facts"
    ... so in reality what are you trying to say? Are you trying to say "since" its a predominantly black/hispanic school, that is the reason why there is a higher crime rate? I wasn't really gonna call you on that itadakimasu, but i've seen previous post were you belittle certain areas then procedding to cover yourself. Its 2009 why be around the bush? that's all im saying

back on topic- Intersting that the School had let the students held cage fights. It seems that is one way to work out thier difference but at the same time holds no morals. when I read the article it kindof remind me of the movie Fight Club for some reason .
    "The End Justify The Means"

Lol, poor Itadakimasu never gets a break. The article is astonishing, I'm having trouble believing this actually happened, couldn't imagine something like that in a high school.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I'm saving people from doing any research about oak cliff, since if you don't live in the dallas area you probably have no idea.

Oakcliff has mostly been in the news for shootings, and having school sports championships taken away because alot of the players were academically ineligible to play.

shootout threat in dutch school

It's not translated really well, but it should be clear, nasty thing is, thats my school ;[.
    -----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Damn....that reminds me of an onion video from a while back:
    http://vodpod.com/watch/34074-immigr...st-news-source
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Controversial Games

Despite good intentions, some games push all the wrong buttons. And with a new Grand Theft Auto hitting the kid-friendly Nintendo DS this week, another firestorm of controversy could be on the horizon. Brace yourself with this look back at some of the touchiest titles in gaming history.
    I knew some of the games would be on this list, but the others seem like a stupid reason to be on there, for religious or racial reasons. What do you guys think?