Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

That Japanese guy held that title for years, one victory by an American doesn't prove anything.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Would you like some mayonnaise on your hate sammich?

It's bad enough Japs are 10 times smarter and more technologically advanced. At least we can be the world's foremost fat asses.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

The Japanese are also light years ahead in animation technology, though they seem a bit stumped on how to handle filler time.

@Yukimura: Unfortunately it's the biggest number that is the record. Kobayashi could score 55 hdb's for the next 5 years and he'd still be #2. I expect he'll reclaim #1 next year with a 60+ score.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Not true, he's scored 60 before.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

What's not true and who scored 60 before?

According to the record books Kobayashi had the record at 53 3/4, so if he did eat 60 in 12, it was unofficial. American guy beat the record with 59 1/2 this year.

I haven't seen anywhere that says if Kobayashi participated in this event or not.

The new champ is 220lbs. Kobayashi was something like 165lbs at his peak, but heavier now.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Mon, 06-04-2007 at 02:49 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Kobayashi ate 60 one year, I saw that shit on ESPN

He competes in all sorts of eating competitions, so he ate 60 of something, but the official Nathan's hot dog record is 59 1/2 by the fat Americanski.

Child of insurance chief dies in hospital

This sort of thing really makes me angry... of course the investigation is yet to take place and there are no facts as yet determined in this case, but its seems clear what has happened. I can't believe how some people could let their jobs take over their lives to the point where they get stressed to insane levels. Sick, just sick, taking it out on a poor little innocent girl who couldn't defend herself.

Dude, what does that have to do with the hot dog record?

Just kidding. That is a pretty messed up story, but let's not jump to conclusions about what happened, and wait for the rest of the investigation.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Appeals Court Turns Down FCC Case to Prosecute 'Accidental' Broadcasts of Swearing

Fucking brilliant! The selected quotes from the written majority opinion are awesome (currently looking for the whole thing). I'm glad someone's working to defend the 1st Amendement and counteract the reactionary, narrow minded d-bags over at the FCC.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I heard about the Swear-Bomb case, lol. The FCC seriously needs to lighten up! An F-Bomb here or there won't corrupt millions of youth to sexual vilence and the F-Bomb does not always mean a sexual reference! Anywho, glad the appeal was shut down.

Man tries to jump into popemobile. He wanted a ride.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Anime accounts for 26% of the top 100 search terms on Wikipedia lulz. us dorks are so~ taking over teh interweb.

I assume it also accounts for this:
    "What’s interesting about the top sex related terms on Wikipedia is that they do not appear to have gratuitous intent. The top terms include very straightforward inquiries on human reproductive ‘parts’ and basic concepts of what sex is and how it is performed. It appears many people are learning about what sex is and how to have it by referencing Wikipedia."

...just lol

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    what sex is and how to have it
    Oh Christ, I love how the journalist just thew that in there at the end.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

George W. Bush and his efforts getting it right in the ass.

Court rules that detained U.S. citizens must be charged
    Seriously, it's always been clear that use of 'enemy combatant' to justify holding a person in a jail without charging them of a crime is dubious. But it's unbelievable that it would take almost six whole years for a court to rule this... Terrorist or no terrorist, the guy is a U.S. freakin' citizen and he's been detained since 2001 and held in solitary/brigs since 2003!

U.S. Arming Sunnis
    But wait? Weren't the Sunnis the group that Saddam's Ba'ath party supported? Hm... Hm... Well, if you can't get the job done right, push it on somebody else! Let's just hope it doesn't turn into that, what was it called again? Used to be a big buzz word back in the '90's... oh yeah! ethnic cleansing...

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

China's screwed from the looks of things.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...zwQ&refer=asia

I didn't even know China was having such a problem with there water supply till I stumbled on this article from over a year ago. There's a lot more older material but nothing really recent. It seemed to have been swept under the rug so to speak. Scary thought that China's on the very of agricultural collapse.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    reminds me of Maslow's needs hierarchy. When you are busy satisfying your most basic needs, you don't have time or energy for anything else really...

China does indeed seem to be introuble, water problems and well they are knipping at the heals of the U.S. for the worst producer of green house gases. Infact they aren't even taking it serious because they don't even know exactly how bad it is in the first place nor do they have strict laws or faculities to inforce it.

Everything comes with a price, I guess this is the price of the rapidly growing ecomony.

@yuki: with her bare hands huh, should all men be worried or is she the exception.

@Assertn : Hey you never know they might want to use if for population control as well
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.