Page 6 of 159 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Woman jailed for testicle attack
    Mere words can't describe such horror...
    Dear god..........."Mere words can't describe such horrow..."....Yet I'm still laughing on the floor! Its pretty challenging typing from down here. xD
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

5 year old girl shows nature who's boss

Found a positive story for once, that girl is bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    5 year old girl shows nature who's boss

Found a positive story for once, that girl is bad ass.
    I don't know why, but somehow I found this part to be the best portion of the story:

"She didn't say much," Mike Klamecki said. "She was eating her banana looking at us. We were jumping around like maniacs."

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth....wsitemID=75046

Swedish man gets sick pay for his heavy metal "addiction."

Sweden here I come.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth....wsitemID=75046

Swedish man gets sick pay for his heavy metal "addiction."

Sweden here I come.
    That is kind of awsome. Doesn't Sweden have really good benefits for married couples with kids to? It's sounding better and better to me.

I was on a long plane trip with a Swede and he was saying how amazingly stupid the social welfare system is in Sweden, where people basically sit on their asses and get more in welfare payments than they could earn if they worked a regular job. Taxes are bad too, to pay for this incredibly dumb welfare system. So basically the Swedish are even lazier and dumber than Americans. Pretty amazing.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    that's because you were on a plane with a swede, hence he has a business that requires travel or money to burn, indicating that he's probably somewhat wealthy.

[15:42] <Thi3f> And we all know rich people like to keep their money to theirselves

I don't see how a system with incentives to work, punishment for refusing job offers and coverage for dependents makes them "dumber" than Americans. If anything, it makes our system look dumb...

High taxes are fine, levied on the proper items. People just like to bitch and complain because they've spent so much of their pitiful lives slaving away for The Coin, and they hate to see it taken away from them and given to somebody else. I chalk it up to lack of charity in the "do it yourself or die" capitalist mentality.

Finally, did your Swedish plane guru provide you with any sources to read up on the Swedish healthcare plan, or did you just lap up his opinion? That is, what do you really know about it aside from what you've just been told by one person?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Some seriously unexpected news from my own city today:
    http://www.statesman.com/news/conten.../21murder.html
    http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pag...Y&pageId=3.2.1

AUSTIN -- Austin's Juneteenth celebration ends in murder after police say a crowd attacked and killed a man when the car he was riding in hit a little girl.

40-year-old David Rivas Morales was was beaten to death in his apartment parking lot just after 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Police say the beating happened in the 900 block of Thompson Street, right next to Rosewood Park where the Juneteenth celebration was held.

Police say Morales was a passenger in a car that hit a small child. Witnesses told police that several black males then started to assault the driver. They told police the crowd then started beating Morales when he got out of the car to try to stop the fight. The driver was able to get away. The child hit by the car was not seriously hurt
    After a festival celebrating freedom and peace, no less. It's mind-boggling how the mob mentality works. I'm not too familiar with the area of Austin this happened in (I've never been too far from my University's campus, to be honest), but apparently it's in the dregs. Bunch of lower-class people and such.

My guess says the media won't pull the race card on this one, despite the situation.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    that's because you were on a plane with a swede, hence he has a business that requires travel or money to burn, indicating that he's probably somewhat wealthy.
    Actually he was a 20 year old Swede who was flying to South America for his second year of school on a maritime vessel to become a ship engineer. We got to talking about the value of money in Sweden and he mentioned the taxation and welfare programs that essentially make it very difficult for most people to live well unless they make it past being middle-class, hence his trek across the world to learn a trade.

I'll take your advice though, next time I chat with someone in passing, I'll ask them to cite all their sources. Like if I ask them for the time, I'll check and see when they last calibrated their watch with an atomic clock, as well as check the charge on their watch battery for proper voltage.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    We got to talking about the value of money in Sweden and he mentioned the taxation and welfare programs that essentially make it very difficult for most people to live well unless they make it past being middle-class, hence his trek across the world to learn a trade.
    Hmm... I'm not from Sweden but from a neighbouring country (which was under Swedish rule for several hundred years in the history, though), but I always thought Swedes were leading quite a nice and comfortable life. They have lots of really big businesses for a country no bigger than that, making lots of rich people as well, so it's not like there was no wealth around at all. Heck, even Finland, raped and pillaged continuously and remorselessly throughout the recorded and unrecorded history by our other dear neighbours, the Russians, has rich people around, and our taxes are nearly as crazy as those of Sweden.

I think this particular Swede you spoke with wasn't an average Swede at all. He was probably one who will eventually transfer his citizenship to a country that has few and low taxes and equally low social support network. But if the majority of Swedes thought like that, they would change their country. It's a place of long democratic traditions, after all.

Man bursts into flames after being shot with Tazer gun by police.

I like to set stuff on fire!

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    U.S. Senate passes Energy Bill, setting new fuel efficiency standards, favoring renewble resources

Congressional Quarterly coverage on the same bill

It's a massive shortcoming, in my opinion... This is the best they can come up with? To quote Senator Harry Reid, "Big Oil seems to do real well here on Capitol Hill.".

I like the additional grant money for renewables (but who knows how it'll be spent, and on whom?), the raised fuel efficiency standards and the new investigative authority of Congress to look into market manipulation by oil companies. I do not like that there's no concrete incentives for alternative energy sources other than ethanol. The tax package would have created both a real incentive to ween the nation off of petroleum and to develop other energy sources, but it got cut down... Fucking cock-sucking politicians.

edit to below - so, wait, can he like officially have sex with her now? She's still a minor, but they are married... it's still pretty twisted.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Fri, 06-22-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

What about a 16-year-old chick marrying a 40-year-old fart?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3...062218&srvc=sz

16 years old, eh? Over here you have to be 18 to even be able to marry.

For some people only watching loli anime just doesn't do the trick.

My friend knows a 16 year old that;s marrying a 59 year old guy...its pretty yucky

Lol, nice story about the 16 yr old. The stupid parents are 100% to blame for caving and signing the papers. Most likely she threw several hissy fits and acted like a spoiled cunt and the parents just wanted it to stop so they gave in. However, they didn't have to sign those papers and thus they are at fault for anything 'traumatic' happening between now and her 18th b-day. What they should have doen was lock the little tramp up at home until she learned to do what she was told or got herself emancipated by a judge with her own money and merit.

As to the sex situation, I'm not sure what state this was in but I know most states don't equate marriage with the right to have sex with someone, as evidenced by spousal rape precedents. If a person can't have non consensual sex with their legal age spouse, then they probably can't have any sex with an underage spouse (assuming the age of consent is over 16 where this is happening).

In other mismatched sexual news:
    Rachel Holt - Would you do this 28 times?
    Rachel Holt, a 34-year-old Delaware science teacher, has been charged with 28 counts of first-degree rape after allegedly having sex with her 13-year-old male student 28 times in the last week of March 2006.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Sat, 06-23-2007 at 12:45 AM.

28 times in a week? o_o
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Edit: NEVERMIND! I just looked at her picture .

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Okay I found a few accused sex offenders who don't look quite so bad.

Linda Sinha
    An Upper East Side [of New York City] private school headmistress faces up to 18 years in prison after her conviction for sexually preying on a young male student. After deliberating for six days, a Manhattan Supreme Court jury found Lina Sinha, 40, a respected educator with two master's degrees from Columbia, guilty of two counts of oral sodomy and one count of felony witness bribing, stemming from her attempts to cover up her crimes.

Carrie McCandless
    Carrie McCandless, a former Brighton Charter High School teacher, is accused of having sexual contact with student Tommy Clay, who was 17 at the time of the incident.

Debra Lafave
    Former Florida middle school teacher Debra Lafave was charged with having sexual contact with one of her 14-year-old students. She pleaded guilty to lewd and lascivious battery and received three years of house arrest and seven years probation.

Pamela Rogers
    Tennessee teacher Pamela Rogers served six months of a nine-month prison sentence for having a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old male student. She was arrested again on April 11, 2006, after authorities said she violated her probation terms, establishing a Web site through which she contacted the victim and his family.