Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    What about a 16-year-old chick marrying a 40-year-old fart?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3...062218&srvc=sz
    this is why shot guns were invented.

Also once you have your parents' or guardian's permission; as she did you can get married reguardless of age. Over her you can get legally married without permission when you are 21.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I dont know how many of you watch professional wrestling... I haven't in years but used to watch all the time when i was in my early teens. anyhow, i just came upon a news article that a WWE wresler chris benoit killed his wife, and 7 year old son and then hung himself w\ the cable from a piece of gym equipment in his weight room...

Just thought this was kinda bizarre, and since i dont watch tv really i wouldn't have heard anything about this had i not stumbled upon it on the internet

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I was thinking of posting that story. Benoit was my favorite wrestler (my other was Owen Hart, go figure) and had a work ethic you don't see in Vince McMahon's "sports entertainment" world anymore, he actually cared about how a match is supposed to look.

Everyone seemed to love the guy. It was very surreal to hear about this involving someone I admired for all those years I used to watch wrestling. If I had a heart it would be broken.
    Last edited by The Heretic Azazel; Wed, 06-27-2007 at 04:27 AM.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

I've not been watching WWE for years now, but I remember Chris Benoit. Pretty shocking news, and the most depressing part is hearing about how he suffocated his 7 year old son.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I remember back when he was WCW... im guessing circa 2000 ish. They were having a steel cage match and he did his patented diving head-butt off of the top of this huge care... omfg was so awesome. it is on a completely different level than owen harts death though, really mind boggling that he would just kill his family, they were talking about finding steroids in his house and suggesting roid rage. Also, they said he had left a bible next to each dead body.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I'm leaning toward stress of the road and roid rage. Especially since my buddy told me all these stories about when he was wrestling and doing a lot of steroids. Moondog Spot (famous 70s-early 80s wrestler) was his trainer. Spot was a very stiff worker, very feared, and in a fit of rage for no reason at all, one day my friend just starts slappng the piss out of Spot. That shit does unthinkable things to your hormones.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

In Local news today, our very own terrorist/part-time Assassin turn 22. Party on IRC. Be there or be no more.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

This story actually made me feel bad.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/02/Par....ap/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by SK
    Why did it "actually" make you feel bad? It's really fuked up, especially since they were probably all friends, partying together before the incident. But you know you're dealing with trash when they have names like David Henry Tuck and Keith Robert Turner. Hopefully they'll each get a healthy dose of sodomy during their years in the big house.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SK
    So aside from the story I posted about the crowd murdering the innocent Hispanic guy in Austin, the city where I live, we now get a story about a young Hispanic guy suffering from a hate crime in Houston, the city where I'm from, and ultimately dying because of it.

Come on Texas, I'm supposed to be proud of where I'm from...

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Dude, Houston is a shithole, and Texas isn't much better. I lived there for 20+ years. It's gotten better, then worse, then a little better. I've been away for a little bit, but I don't plan on staying long when I get back. For the longest time the only major sports title Texas held was for the WNBA. Both Rockets' titles had asterisks next to them, as did the Stars' Cup win. Finally San Antonio won some titles for us, but otherwise Texas is a big waste of space.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Dude, Houston is a shithole, and Texas isn't much better. I lived there for 20+ years. It's gotten better, then worse, then a little better. I've been away for a little bit, but I don't plan on staying long when I get back. For the longest time the only major sports title Texas held was for the WNBA. Both Rockets' titles had asterisks next to them, as did the Stars' Cup win. Finally San Antonio won some titles for us, but otherwise Texas is a big waste of space.
    You lived in Houston?

I was also unaware of the Rockets' "asterisks", and of the fact that you judge states by performance in popular spectator sports.
    Edit: Ah, I see, the Rockets lost because Jordan was playing baseball when they beat the Knicks and then the Magic.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Tue, 07-03-2007 at 03:15 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    You lived in Houston?

I was also unaware of the Rockets' "asterisks", and of the fact that you judge states by performance in popular spectator sports.
    There and Austin, both shitholes.

Rockets first title was the first year Jordan left to go play baseball.
    Rockets second title, Jordan was back for half the season and not playing for the Bulls.
    So everyone puts asterisks on their titles.

Ok, how do you judge a state's worth or reputation? How about Enron? Or Arthur Anderson? Or problems with illegal immigration? Want me to list some other reasons why no one takes Houston (and Texas) seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    There and Austin, both shitholes.
    Well, I consider myself cultured enough to judge that Austin is quite a beautiful city, with at least a half-decent population. I won't argue about Houston, however.

My problem is that politics wise, Houston is pretty hard-core conservative, and Austin is full of hippies. Why can't I find a nice moderate crowd? Though I guess that'd be hard to find anywhere.

Anyway, on topic, something that really piqued my interest:
    Roswell theory revived by a deathbed confession

Should we call shennanigans?
    Edit: Man, that first picture really creeps me right the shit out.

From TechPowerUp.com

Two people fell in love with each other over one of the most addictive MMORPGs ever, World of Warcraft. The couple spent long hours on the phone together, played through countless quests as a couple, and even talked about marriage. There were just two problems with this couple. The groom is 17, and the bride is 31. The two made plans to meet, and the bride flew over from Australia to North Carolina to pick up her dream date on June 12th. Unfortunately for her, anyone under the age of 18 is a minor in the state of North Carolina. After the groom's parents reported him as missing, the police apprehended the couple as they were trying to hitch a ride to Australia on June 26th. The groom is home, almost certainly grounded. However, the bride faired much worse. On July 11th, she goes on trial for the attempted abduction of a minor. If the bride is found guilty, she will get two years behind bars in an American jail. Australian customs is working hard to get the bride set free.

Hmm... Somehow a case like that doesn't seem all too clear. While it's plain stupid for a 31 years old to try to elope with an underage person, still a 17 years old has already exceeded the age of criminal responsibility. So, if he testifies he wasn't abducted, how can they continue to charge her for an abduction?

Well, I'm no expert, of course. But two years in jail for stupidity while no harm was done to anybody sounds harsh...

You definately don't have to cause anyone harm to go to jail in the US especially if what you did has to do with legal minors or sex. Read this story if you think the above is bad.

Damn Red States like North Carolina make me sick

Arrest made in Austin man's beating case

Some good news, an arrest has been made in this case. Son of a bitch takes the victim's wallet after he beats the guy to death, so he gets a theft charge as well. Piece of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Hmm... Somehow a case like that doesn't seem all too clear. While it's plain stupid for a 31 years old to try to elope with an underage person, still a 17 years old has already exceeded the age of criminal responsibility. So, if he testifies he wasn't abducted, how can they continue to charge her for an abduction?

Well, I'm no expert, of course. But two years in jail for stupidity while no harm was done to anybody sounds harsh...
    What? Imagine being the parents of the kid, finding out some middle-aged woman from the other side of the world flew over and took your kid away without you even knowing about it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07