Page 50 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Yeah, they aren't thinking anything. Their leaders have brainwashed them to do the fell deeds. You don't see the leaders themselves do such things, though, because they are thinking. Like Bin Laden who has been hiding who knows where all these years while his followers are getting killed left and right for the cause. The cause, of course, is nothing but to make the top man mightier and more powerful.

Don't worry guys, they were infidels, so they didn't actually have souls.

Man, you'd think that humanity would have learned since the crusades.
    Last edited by Mr Squiggles; Sat, 02-14-2009 at 03:54 PM.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

I saw this Uwe Boll movie called Postal last night.

Now I'm not one to give much praise if at all to Uwe, but Postal actually humanized terrorists for me and taught me that all the terrorists really want is some virgins.

You all should watch Postal.

Anyway, in the news lately, there was some graduate student at a British university who was researching the eating habits of an extremely rare lizard in the Phillipines. To perform his research, he painstakingly collected this lizard's feces over a period of five years. When he sent the feces back to his university, the university had received it in an unmarked, black trash bag. When the university did a routine inventory cleanup, they unwittingly threw away the unmarked bag with lizard feces. In effect, they threw away five years hard work of the graduate student, who on the same day of learning of this mishap, had his girlfriend break up with him. Talk about bad luck.

Are You Wasting Money on Multivitamins?

Advertisements with tantalizing promises of improved health, prevention of cancer and heart disease, and greater energy have lured millions of Americans to spend billions of dollars on the purchase of multivitamins.
    Interesting take on how these medicines can really have no benefit to you or your later self in life. I agree that some medicines don't prevent the risk of cancers; they just give the user the benefit of relief when using it.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Sometimes placebos can be more effective than actual medicines. Keep eating those multivitamins.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Sometimes placebos can be more effective than actual medicines. Keep eating those multivitamins.
    That is true. If you find it's working, go for it. If it's not, then you might as well stop.

All I can say is antioxidants are worth taking. Same with Omega 3 fatty acids/fish oil. Other stuff...I haven't really looked into. Vitamins are particularly useful if you're lacking them in your diet. If you aren't, not so much.

I'll just through it out there that I did an evaluation paper on the effectiveness of complimentary medicines in treating menopausal symptoms. Just in case anyone's interested

Some of you guys have wacky ages.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7892477.stm

I think its stupid that our gas prices are basically decided by some random people speculating that next year demand could sky rocket, blah blah blah... none of this based on current oil prices or anything.

I'd love gas to stay @ $2.00 or less per gallon, $45 to fill up when it was almost $4 per gallon was kinda rediculous

In us you pay 2$ for one gallon? damn - that's really cheap compared to here nearly 4PLN(1$ = 4PLN) for 1 liter.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Here it's sitting on around 1.06AUD ~ 1.36AUD per Litre. It's alright compared to the rest of the world I suppose...

British, French nuclear subs collide in Atlantic

Reminds me of the time when two players walked silently backwards into each other in CS:S

Edit: Hmm, only 2hrs ago? I guess I should have edited the above post instead.

No matter what they say officially, it was clearly the old game of who dodges first. Only this time both captains had so much pride they collided.

And the Oscar goes to Matilda if Ledger wins

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - If Heath Ledger is named best supporting actor at Sunday's Academy Awards ceremony, his daughter, 3-year-old Matilda Rose Ledger , will become the owner of the Oscar statuette.
    That is so complicated, but only if his daughter actually signs for it when she reaches the prime age of 18, and even then, she'll probably be confused if not informed first.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Ok, this article isn't technically "today", but it's recent. 4chan has a face, and that face has a name. As you read this, try to remind yourself of the following: "this isn't funny...this isn't funny..."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...r=emailarticle

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles
    Ok, this article isn't technically "today", but it's recent. 4chan has a face, and that face has a name. As you read this, try to remind yourself of the following: "this isn't funny...this isn't funny..."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...r=emailarticle
    rofl, dang, 5 pages? that's an impressive article..

user posted image

Cave Dwellers

Cave home? Bought on EBay? Heh, hilarious insights of the person who bought it. Makes me wonder how they architecture it and make it usable to modern standards. It looks nice, but must be pretty hard to keep, according to this video.

Oh man, that guy's living my dream, minus the financial troubles he's having. If I had 300k, I'd buy it, I kid you not.

Pioneer's Kuro Killing: A Tripping Point in the Plasma Era

The end of the Pioneer Kuro line of TVs represented a true tipping point in the TV industry, one preceded by long-gestating momentum from opposing forces. The recession and LCDs tipped over plasmas for good, and the slope downward will be quite steep, and fast.
    Interesting news about Pioneer Kuro's end of production for plasma televisions so they can concentrate on cars and audio/visual systems. Also, a little history about them too.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    California introduces bill to legalize Marijuana

(02-23) 17:50 PST SACRAMENTO -- California would become the first state in the nation to legalize marijuana for recreational use under a bill introduced Monday by Assemblyman Tom Ammiano of San Francisco.

The proposal would regulate marijuana like alcohol, with people over 21 years old allowed to grow, buy, sell and possess cannabis - all of which is barred by federal law.

Ammiano, a Democrat in his third month as a state lawmaker, said taxes and other fees associated with regulation could put more than a billion dollars a year into state coffers at a time when revenues continue to decline.

He said he thinks the federal government could soften its stance on marijuana under the Obama administration.
    Thoughts on this? I know at the very least Heretic Azazel will have something to say.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I'm against it, though I wouldn't know about how it's used recreationally. I'm not buying "boosting the economy" as a reason, or an incentive to do so. Black markets exist for anything you can't get legally. Just because you can't stomp it out doesn't mean you should embrace it.

I fucking hate weed. Whenever I'm around people smoking it, my eyes water, and my ears and throat itch. I'm against the legalization of weed for two reasons.

1) Since weed is illegal, you can get in a lot of trouble for getting caught smoking it. Consequently, in most places I frequent or have frequented where people who smoke weed would be (think college dorm, yuppie apartment building, suburban hangout park, etc.), they go through great lengths to hide the smell and the smoke. Like maybe stuffing the spaces between room doors and floors with clothing, smoking near airvents that (hopefully) pull out the smoke, and so on. If weed were legal, they'd be a hell of a lot more relaxed about their concealment protocols, to my dismay.

2) I don't want Obama to become the president associated with drug use.