Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zen's Art Stuff

Zen's Art Stuff

As I stated in my intro post I do some Anime art, I figure I should actually make my post here in the Fanart thread.

Mostly Anime, both original and fanart, plus non-Anime series but done in the Anime style.

First off, as it is nearly close to summer time, here's a couple of beach drawings(note this is not an Anime series):

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2...anova05gg4.jpg
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9...anova07tp5.jpg

More later

Z

Though I couldn't draw if my life depended on it, but from what I can see, you are pretty good at it. Nice and clean lines and designs. I hope you will post some more anime/manga inspired next time. And uhh... I'm no racist but the blue colour also kind of puts me off... The backgrounds look far more hurried and less impressive than the girl, though.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    good job with the contours of the human body. The face looks a little scrambled in the second one, but that's fine. As you try different characters with different noses, lips, facial structures etc., you'll be able to do a standard face like hers in no time.

The texture of the sand and sky is good enough, though the water in the second one is way too choppy. Not much to say on backgrounds. Be good to see other stuff, sketches, whatever. Also, Deadfire started a new site revolving around art, photoshop (making untalented fools like me look semi-decent) or hand-drawn or whatever. www.AshiftingPerspective.com I encourage you to join.

Keep it up; like Kraco said, you've got talent and the only way to develop is practice, practice, practice

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Though I couldn't draw if my life depended on it, but from what I can see, you are pretty good at it. Nice and clean lines and designs. I hope you will post some more anime/manga inspired next time. And uhh... I'm no racist but the blue colour also kind of puts me off... The backgrounds look far more hurried and less impressive than the girl, though.
    Blue's the colour Disney *petoowie* gave her, so I can't really change it much. As for the backgrounds, they look hurried... mostly as they were. I was not really too fussed at the time, so I just put something what looked reasonable.

Anyway, glad you like them, faults aside

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    good job with the contours of the human body. The face looks a little scrambled in the second one, but that's fine. As you try different characters with different noses, lips, facial structures etc., you'll be able to do a standard face like hers in no time.

The texture of the sand and sky is good enough, though the water in the second one is way too choppy. Not much to say on backgrounds. Be good to see other stuff, sketches, whatever. Also, Deadfire started a new site revolving around art, photoshop (making untalented fools like me look semi-decent) or hand-drawn or whatever. www.AshiftingPerspective.com I encourage you to join.

Keep it up; like Kraco said, you've got talent and the only way to develop is practice, practice, practice
    Well, those were done just over 2 and a half years ago, so they should look a little rough(I was not fully up to scratch with Photoshop at that time), plus I finished colouring around 5am, so tiredness might have made my quality slip just a tad.

I'm actually up at DeviantArt, but I'll give that link a good looking at

Right then, more art:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7602712/ - Raven (Teen Titans)
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7578021/ - Original character design
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7961298/ - Background design (quickly coloured in Photoshop)
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11665674/ - animation storyboard frame
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12061635/ - as above, but painted (water-colour)
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/23035811/ - D&Dc fanart *CAUTION* Hot body
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26399501/ - Evangelion fan-art (Rei)
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53167641/ - Frame from D&Dc fan Manga

Hope you like
    Last edited by Zentron; Sat, 05-26-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Nice hydra! The Rei pic is also very good, as is your original design.

The Hot body D&D piece has a wrong link though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Nice hydra! The Rei pic is also very good, as is your original design.

The Hot body D&D piece has a wrong link though...
    Oh dash..... sorted! Browser crashed, so I decided 'sack it' and turned on my TV

I don't really like the style you got going there, but you do know how to draw that's for sure, also you seem to color using very "sharp" coloring, try some more subtleness, softer colors.
    Kinda like the girl in your sig, or the girl in kraco's sig.
    -----------------

Mmmyes, I guess I could do... just I have nothing to colour at the moment

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    I don't really like the style you got going there, but you do know how to draw that's for sure, also you seem to color using very "sharp" coloring, try some more subtleness, softer colors.
    Kinda like the girl in your sig, or the girl in kraco's sig.
    I suppose it has something to do with American style cartoon influences? I personally don't prefer it, but I don't think his style is that repugnant. My 2cents.

Zentron, the "Castle Scenery" image is awesome. I'm not sure what you did there, but it'd be interesting to see you try a character in that same style. You have a pretty big scope, trying to create your own manga and/or anime, ambition i like, and it's always cool to see how people progress on big projects like that. Also, a question: you mostly use pen and paper and sketch these yourself, or some other composition method?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    I suppose it has something to do with American style cartoon influences? I personally don't prefer it, but I don't think his style is that repugnant. My 2cents.

Zentron, the "Castle Scenery" image is awesome. I'm not sure what you did there, but it'd be interesting to see you try a character in that same style. You have a pretty big scope, trying to create your own manga and/or anime, ambition i like, and it's always cool to see how people progress on big projects like that. Also, a question: you mostly use pen and paper and sketch these yourself, or some other composition method?
    If I was to do the non-Anime characters in the full Anime style, you'd see a difference in colour style as well, but here I'm just keeping them somewhere in the middle.

As for the castle scene, I was just colouring it quickly, as my examiners wanted some of my work in colour, so I gave it some. It's originally a storyboard frame (9:3 ratio), but like I said, I had to add some colour, so that was the result.

Here's another in the same context: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11665822/
    I didn't like the colouring of the character, but that's being changed in the final version, so just excuse it here!(remember, I was just colouring as quick as could)

Z
    Oh yeh, your question... I sketch pencil to paper, then if I colour it on my computer, I go over the lines with the line tool in my P6 program.

Now I just did this one for a bit of a laugh, so it's rather crude and short, but a tad amusing: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7...amgif01st4.gif

A better one will be forthcoming.

It looked as if someone was fapping in the background, LOL.
    -----------------

It looked as if someone was fapping in the background, LOL.
    Heh. My thoughts exactly, but I decided to refrain from posting that observation due to its bizarre values.

LOL, yeh, I did notice it looked that way, I did try to keep in the same position when I was moving the Gundam, but it's very difficult to remain in the exact same place each time... won't happen next time though

Next time, you'l see the same Gundam break-dancing to DJ Devon's 'Bomb Up The Jungle'... it's gonna be fun

Z

I'm having my identity stolen. I'm z
    Anyway good stuff, keep it up.

I'm official.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinobi

I'm having my identity stolen. I'm z
    Anyway good stuff, keep it up.
    No I'm Z lol

And in the spirit of keeping it up:

Hope it pleases

Haha weird......it's like, 80's anime style....looks like it came right out of my Legend of Zelda instruction manual

Oh yeah, and......
    There can be only one Z
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Haha weird......it's like, 80's anime style....looks like it came right out of my Legend of Zelda instruction manual
    Hurray, hurray, that's exactly the style I was trying to portray... minus the Zelda manual thingy!! That means I've suceeded in my task, now just to get the whloe thing up online

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Oh yeah, and......
    There can be only one Z
    Yep, and that's me

Z

That was a nice panel, but
    Why do you persist on being Z, there is only one on this forums and that's Zinobi.
    And besides, you don't want to be Z ( it has a different meaning amongst the irc going forum users. )
    -----------------

That was a nice panel, but
    Why do you persist on being Z, there is only one on this forums and that's Zinobi.
    And besides, you don't want to be Z ( it has a different meaning amongst the irc going forum users. )
    Oh... oh OK... I'll be 'Zn' then It'll be a lot harder to type out, I mean... it's got an n after the Z, this is gonna be a nightmare lol

Heh, thanks as well.

Zn