Thread: One Piece 316

One Piece 316

Episode 316 HD - DeSiBoY

I have no idea if they're any good, or how they do compared to VP. Anyways, just letting you guy's know that a subbed HD encode was released.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    It's actually quite good from what I can tell. I can't say much of the translation because of my lacking Japanese skills but the typesetting, font, and karoke are well done.

Interesting. Pretty much a whole episode dedicated to characters somewhere else.

I guess Blackbeard is pretty tough if Shanks thinks he's scary.

I ALMOST thought they were gonna reveal bounties but then they didn't. Sadness...

Yep, can't wait for the bounties to be revealed. I was watching the Vegapunk subs, and I didn't quite understand the bit about Blackbeard. Does Shanks not want Ace to fight Blackbeard so that he can fight Blackbeard himself?

Also, Shanks is from West Blue? Thats a surprise to me, I thought he came from East Blue like Luffy.

It seems as though the next ep if going to be a filler. I hope its a one off, and they don't start a whole arc of them just now.

I think Shanks doesn't want Ace fighting Blackbeard because Blackbeard is too dangerous, in turn causing Ace a possibility of losing his life.

Wonder if those flashes at the end were mug shots for new bounty posters, though I wonder if Usopp will get a bounty or Sogeking. And yea it seems like Shanks is the only person that knows how strong Blackbeard is since he hid his true strength on Whitebeards crew by not making himself standout and taking a Commander spot.

Also besides Ace, Whitebeards crew doesn't look that cool .

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Oh man I missed out that the new eps get posted :P

Regarding Blackbeard it seemed more like that Shanks just thought that it was the wrong time to confront him rather than him being super strong. Shanks probably has some grande plan to bring down the establishment.

I watched the ep again and I got the impression that Shanks didn't want Ace to fight Blackbeard simply because he, that is Shanks, wanted to him himself to get back at Blackbeard for giving him that wound over his eye. Plus, from my vague recollection of the earlier parts of the series, if Blackbeard was shown I don't remember him being really strong.

His power doesnt have to be directly shown for us to know that he is super strong. From what has been seen so far, he is like an evil, far more experienced version of Luffy. Also, after this episode, we now know that he might even have the same goal (i.e reaching the top of the pirate hierarchy). He is a D with big ambitions.
    Also, if his similarity to Luffy isnt enough of a testament to his strength, we have already seen what two of his crew members are capable of. Van Auger can shoot down targets from miles away and Lafite was able to get into the World Government headquarters undetected to propose blackbeard's name as a shichibukai. If the crew is that strong, then one can only imagine what the captain is like. Oh and lastly, the Blackbeard Pirates single handedly invaded Drum Island which forced Wapol to abandon his country and run away.

Crap what episodes did all this happen in? Its been a long time since I watched them, would be good to get a recap.

Plus, I've noticed the D. name banded around the place... do we know what its significance is yet?

I think all this happened just before skypea or was it just after.

We still dont know the significance of the word 'D'.

In Oda's SBS questions and answer corner, he was asked what the D in Luffy's name stood for. Oda just replied to read it as a D for now and that he would reveal the truth behind it in time.This was the first time Luffy's 'D' was brought up, as well as Oda's first hint towards a bigger mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugar
    I think all this happened just before skypea or was it just after.

We still dont know the significance of the word 'D'.

In Oda's SBS questions and answer corner, he was asked what the D in Luffy's name stood for. Oda just replied to read it as a D for now and that he would reveal the truth behind it in time.This was the first time Luffy's 'D' was brought up, as well as Oda's first hint towards a bigger mystery.
    Um, didn't Robin specifically mention the "will of D" in reference to Gol D. Rogers and Luffy (re: the similarities between the two).

/me goes back into hibernation.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    I watched the ep again and I got the impression that Shanks didn't want Ace to fight Blackbeard simply because he, that is Shanks, wanted to him himself to get back at Blackbeard for giving him that wound over his eye. Plus, from my vague recollection of the earlier parts of the series, if Blackbeard was shown I don't remember him being really strong.
    Shanks cares about Ace the same way he cares about Luffy. Remember, Ace hadn't left the village yet when Shanks visited Luffy. So they've probably met. Shanks doesn't think Ace is strong enough to fight Blackbeard yet.

Regarding Blackbeard's strength, Shanks already confirmed it. I doubt Shanks wants revenge -- he had those scars since before he met Luffy. On the other hand, Blackbeard would have only become stronger since then. So, since he cares about Ace, he basically told Whitebeard to do his own dirty work.

(Blackbeard is the guy who talked to Luffy about pirates' dreams on Jaya, among whose nakama are a better sniper than Ussop, a drunk doctor who gives people exploding apples, a champion wrestler, and a weird clown dude who snuck into a Shichibukai meeting in Mariejoa to nominate Blackbeard for Crocodile's old position. Blackbeard also went after Luffy's head, but conflict was avoided since Going Merry reached the Knock Up Stream before a fight broke out.)

Quote Originally Posted by FrogKing
    Um, didn't Robin specifically mention the "will of D" in reference to Gol D. Rogers and Luffy (re: the similarities between the two).

/me goes back into hibernation.

Yes but we dont exactly know what is the "will of D". There are other people beside Luffy and Roger that share the will of D.

1. Monkey D. Garp ( Luffy's grand father )
    2. Monkey D. Dragon ( Luffy's Father )
    3. Portgas D. Ace ( Luffy's brother/step brother )
    4. Marshall D. Teach ( Blackbeard )
    5. Jaguar D. Saul ( Giant who meet Robin on Ohara )

Oda is saving this mystery for the end.

And please come back from hybernation.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogKing
    I dunno about Robin, but the first character I ever heard mention the "Will of D" was Doctor Kureha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugar
    2. Monkey D. Dragon ( Luffy's Father )
    Am I the only that thinks it's weird that it isn't D. Ragon? Wasn't it D. Ragon when he first appeared?

Quote Originally Posted by el_boss
    Am I the only that thinks it's weird that it isn't D. Ragon? Wasn't it D. Ragon when he first appeared?
    Nope, it was always Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by el_boss
    When he first appeared in Loguetown, he was called Dragon in the anime. We didnt know then that he was Luffy's father. People at that time suspected that he had some connection with Luffy or at least Gold Roger. Fans at that time and later suspected that he was one of 'D' people with mysterious past and powers. So most fans speculated that the name was mispronounced in the anime and it should have been D. Ragon.

That aside, Luffy's father does seem to have a bit of an evil look to him.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    yep... finally catching up !!! only 30+ eps until i'm caughtup.

anyhow, this ep caught me off guard a little bit w\ the way shanks' presence made most of whitebeards crew pass out... seemed reminiscent of bleach SS arc especially....(zomg! whats this reatsu!?!!)