Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 132

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    See, while this was good as a single episode though, if I had to watch 10 of these in a row I'm pretty sure I'd hate it by the end.
    Yeah, I did recognize that problem, and that's why I wrote to keep the spirit of the episode in mind, not the episode itself. Still, they should have lots of opportunities for fine episodes, even if they didn't include Karin, football and Toushiro. But as soon as they try to include some grand enemy with grand plans endangering the whole city, things always seem to take a turn to worse.

Toushirou's not even anywhere near a thousand years old. He's one of the newer captains, and Byakuya being one of the oldest is only around 500 years old. He says that in during the SS arc or something.

Overall an OK episode, though it felt very predictable. But I join in with everyone else and say it was good...for filler.
    I also thought that the FMA reference was cute! When Hitsugaya was called a midget and talks back just like Edward would do. And what's even more cute is that it was the same VA in both cases.
    I wonder if it was on purpose or maybe it's just my imagination that connects it all

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Toushirou's not even anywhere near a thousand years old. He's one of the newer captains, and Byakuya being one of the oldest is only around 500 years old. He says that in during the SS arc or something.
    A 100 year old and a 10 year old is still freaking nasty.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    So could Karin get with Yachiru? seriously, these questions NEED answering...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Yeah, cause everything else we discuss on these forums is so relevant and earth-shattering, we shouldn't clutter this thread with such meaningless chatter .

I think a "let's play tea with our stuffed animals" kind of friendship could develop between Yachiru and Yuzu, except Yachiru would have a violent episode and cut the table in half and kill all of Yuzu's dolls, including Kon. I think Karin would be less inclined to play dollhouse with Yachiru. I hope that's all you were thinking about.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I ask again, why are you people defending arguments that justify a relationship between a 10 year old and a much older person?
    Because all anime fans are pedophiles.

Even YOOOOOU.

Quote Originally Posted by redcat
    the end of this ep seems pretty significant, was it filler?
    so does anyone that reads the manga know? it all seemed fine for a filler until Karin started talking to Toushirou and Matsumoto in their shinigami forms.
    Last edited by redcat; Fri, 07-06-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatakeKakashiSama
    I also thought that the FMA reference was cute! When Hitsugaya was called a midget and talks back just like Edward would do. And what's even more cute is that it was the same VA in both cases.
    I wonder if it was on purpose or maybe it's just my imagination that connects it all
    Its the same VA? No wonder, like right away during that sunset part it reminded me of Edward from FMA, and the super midget part too. I even actually watched that last episode of FMA right after cuz it reminded me of it so much. Toushiro is my favorite char in bleach, and FMA is my favorite series. The ending of the show is so sad... Same with the movie...

Quote Originally Posted by redcat
    so does anyone that reads the manga know? it all seemed fine for a filler until Karin started talking to Toushirou and Matsumoto in their shinigami forms.
    It's all filler.

Honestly can't believe the way this thread turned in to a discussion about appropriatly aged relationships...

Without getting in to the main discussion itself, I thought Rukia was only only like 150 (or was that 300?) years old or something, which would mean that there is no way that Toushiro, let alone Yachiru, is 1000+ years old.

Personally I thought the ep was really boring. All this football type action is not my cup of tea, and I wish they would hurry up and get back to the manga.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    finally watched it... the end of the ED suggests Tatsuki will be fighting alongside them soon? I've always hoped so, though I'm not sure if a newly emerging fighter, probably even weaker than Chad, would be a good thing...

I don't like how in all these "sports dramas with one side clearly outmatched" the prescription is seldom "practice hard, come up with a strategy and do your best" but almost always "go out and pick up a ringer" ... great lesson for the kids...

and shinigami's cup wants me to watch my carbs...

it was a tolerable filler experience

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Well it's filler so what else should we talk about in this episode?

You're right, none of them are 1000 years old, most are probably just a couple hundred years old. To me it was a minor detail in my point.

I'm sure they'll keep Tatsuki away from any Arrancar, and she'll just fight your small-fry hollows. I'd like to see Karin and Tatsuki meet the Urahara store team. That would be a fun episode. I wonder why Yuzu doesn't have the same spirit energy as her sister and brother. Looks like she's from her mother's side of the family, so maybe that side doesn't have the spirit power of the father's side?

Also, where's that afro wearing Shinigami that's supposed to be protecting the town?

Hmm, I didn't even notice Tatsuki in the ending. I just assumed it was Rukia. I guess I've been spoiled! Even though you'd have to have been blind not to notice that she was going to become a spirit fighter at some point.

There's no way she's going to be weak when she finally fights something, because that would be pointless. When she finally awakens to whatever powers she has, she's going to be really badass at least at first.

Of course, that scene in the end might not even be of the fighters. It might have just been a shot of Innoue's friends.

do u think they gonna bring Don Kanonje back in these fillers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    do u think they gonna bring Don Kanonje back in these fillers?

God, let's hope not!

sorry to drag the discussion back to the gutter, but i have to have my last say on the age issue
    why should toushiro being 90+ years older then Karin make a relationship between the two wrong or gross? i speak nothing of wrinkled old men taking advantage of lush impressionable young women, but rather of a romantic friendship between the two.
    the only way this relationship could be disturbing is if you bring disturbing images to the picture.
    like politics, love should not be influenced by issues of race, age, religion or Size.

Well a friendship is fine, as it is fine when a grandfather befriends a foster child or grandchild, which is what this would be, however I think some are fooled by Toushiro's appearance and think this would be a typical school-chum kind of relationship. When you say "romantic friendship", I think we're leaning towards french-kissing and touchy-feely things, which leads us back to the grossness of their age difference.

Not really justifying it, but maybe it's meaningless to compare the age of a Shinigami with a human. The developmental stages are not 1 to 1. You have to understand the life cycles of each, and the rate in which they develop. So a 100 (random number) year old Shinigami can very well be as mature as a 10 year old human both physically and mentally.

If something should gross you out, is that they are different spicies, not how old they are.

Going to the extreme... dogs hit puberty between 6 months and 2 years old. Just highlighting the difference of maturity and development between different spicies, and it shouldn't be any different with Shinigami and Humans.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 07-08-2007 at 11:11 PM.

Don't Shinigami come from the souls or dead humans or the desendents of souls of dead humans (those noble clans probably aren't reproducing by just adopting williy nilly). I wouldn't call them different species as much as different stages of the same life cycle, like a butterfly and a caterpiller for instance.

Anyway, this is a shounen action show, there will be no 'romance' between a little girl and a fighter charachter regardless of age. The closest that they might get is strained friendship, where she hangs out with him and he acts like a douchbag to her but always gets her out of trouble.