Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retirement at 24!

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Kitkat will still be around, but yes she did so much being a mod. Infact if it wasn't her going on vacation I would have never been a mod myself. Her direct manner of dealing with the people and issues that we other mods could not deal or agree with, made our days happier.

Long live the kitty!

I should note this with Kitkats resigning that I myself will be also giving up my Forum powers in August, noting that I will not be on much to really do much good.

Not that anyone will care but may as say it
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    Hello friends at Gotwoot,

This is just a post to let you know that I've officially retired from staff here at gotwoot. I'm finding myself spending less time around the forums, and just don't really have the enthusiasm for modding this crazy disfunctional community that I once did. I'll leave that to the younger crazier types. While it's lasted, it's been a blast though. I was really honoured to get that first pm from Ciber reading, "Want to be a mod?" to which I replied, "I don't think I'm mean enough to be a mod...." and he countered, "You don't have to be mean." Thus began a long and interesting era, and I've come to consider many of you good friends. Though I'm retiring, I won't be leaving gotwoot. I'll still be around for discussing anime with all of you, and let's not forget my beloved knitting thread!

And many thanks to complich8 for a beautiful new custom title which I do not quite feel myself to be deserving of, but nevertheless I very much appreciate.

See you around, gotwooters.
    Well it's not exactly full-time work...

unless you're as hardworking as me of course!

But yeah, good luck and all. Although I doubt you'll disappear completely...?

Pass on the torch, DF.

Be a man. Do the right thing.

to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Pass on the torch, DF.

Be a man. Do the right thing.
    We have too many Mods already.

Besides you are hardly a person that can mod, hell you can't even be humble enough to just drop it.
    image fail!

Look at Spiderman. With great power comes great responsibility. Make BoC a mod and watch him flourish. If he becomes more egomaniacal, he'd fit in with the current group just fine.

I also thought this was a get-rich-quick scheme, or that Kitkat had won the lottery. I don't have much experience dealing with you, but you seemed level-headed and fair the one or two times you told me to knock it off. Thanks.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    We have too many Mods already.

Besides you are hardly a person that can mod, hell you can't even be humble enough to just drop it.
    Did you know that Dennis Rodman was a janitor and never touched a basketball until high school before he became a legend?

And they say white men can't jump. Quite ironic that every ski jumper is Caucassian.

Can I have the job if I start knitting and baking :P

hehe

Sorry to see you go KitKat. I'm still intigued by the fact that you have missing limbs. Or was that just a myth :/

Oh. This news wasn't one I was expecting, but I have to say it makes sense. KitKat never struck me as a person who would be willing to be in a position of responsibility and authority if she wasn't able to fully concentrate on it.

Needless to say, your input into the modding of the forums will be missed, but judging from the posts of the other mods, it looks like you left a positive impression and legacy that will not soon fade and so your wise ways will continue to affect the decisions and policy of the staff members left behind also in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    And here I was thinking that I was entering a thread with tips on how to make a shitload of money really quick and be set for life.
    The exact same thing was going through my mind.

Sad to hear that you won't be around much from now KitKat, but do check back once in a while ya?
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

If she's not really leaving, then am I supposed to be sad?

We'll miss your gentle moderating ways of baking cookies and withholding them as threats.

Now that KitKat's not moderating moderators with a rational presence, I'm sure a new dark age will befall gotwoot.

(as a side note, now that you're not spending time moderating, you need to bake more cookies)

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone! Yes, I will be around here still, so don't worry about me disappearing. I'm hoping to focus more on other things, such as getting back into photoshop, doing more knitting, and catching up on a few more anime series rather than worrying about the inner workings of gotwoot. I'll leave that to the pros already there, and whichever of you successfully climbs up to modship in the future.

el_boss, it's not just a myth. And appendage would probably be a better word than limb. I have a picture in my knitting thread :P

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    ...el_boss, it's not just a myth. And appendage would probably be a better word than limb. I have a picture in my knitting thread :P
    O.O
    I didn't even notice the first time I looked at that picture... interesting...

I prefer the word "limb" because penis falls under the appendage category and that's just awkward.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    digit, then

fingers aren't limbs. arms and legs are limbs.

Fingers are just fingers. Anything else sounds very wrong.

You're not missing a thumb are you KitKat? That's really all that separates us from the animals.

I'd like to second my nomination for the mod job. It could just be a trial run. I think I would surprise you all with my fairness and tenacity. Vote Animeniax.

Alternatively, can we vote for the next mod? Then you pick the guy with the least amount of votes (probably me), because he will do the best job of keeping these jackals in line.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I thought you were campaigning for me...

to Saberfire... I would
    We don't need another mod.

"Those who do not follow, are doomed to lead" May be true, but I'd rather not have to watch the forum and new mods

Besides Animeniax and BoC we wouldn't want you too see all those things we say about you behind your back.
    image fail!

Tis a sad day indeed when Kitkat leaves the staff and forever deprives us of her level headed judgement and cookie baking powers. And we never even got her to build us an ube3r 1337 moderation laser!

Im glad that you'll still be around though Kitkat. It would be total chaos if you left for good. You will be dearly missed in the mod lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    We don't need another mod.

"Those who do not follow, are doomed to lead" May be true, but I'd rather not have to watch the forum and new mods

Besides Animeniax and BoC we wouldn't want you too see all those things we say about you behind your back.
    LAWL

Let's not turn this into a soap opera now. No such thing as dramatic irony on the internet.