Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retirement at 24!

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Retirement at 24!

Hello friends at Gotwoot,

This is just a post to let you know that I've officially retired from staff here at gotwoot. I'm finding myself spending less time around the forums, and just don't really have the enthusiasm for modding this crazy disfunctional community that I once did. I'll leave that to the younger crazier types. While it's lasted, it's been a blast though. I was really honoured to get that first pm from Ciber reading, "Want to be a mod?" to which I replied, "I don't think I'm mean enough to be a mod...." and he countered, "You don't have to be mean." Thus began a long and interesting era, and I've come to consider many of you good friends. Though I'm retiring, I won't be leaving gotwoot. I'll still be around for discussing anime with all of you, and let's not forget my beloved knitting thread!

And many thanks to complich8 for a beautiful new custom title which I do not quite feel myself to be deserving of, but nevertheless I very much appreciate.

See you around, gotwooters.

Whaaaat? We never agreed to this! >:|

Edit: Guess it's time for a new mod. I'm nominating either Animeniax or Mizuchi.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Too bad. We've lost a good man...err...woman.

Time to mod me up, comp.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    Edit: Guess it's time for a new mod. I'm nominating either Animeniax or Mizuchi.
    HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA! You crack me up, Assertn...

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Time to mod me up, comp.
    ... no.

Anyway, I should take this opportunity to say that we're all sad to see KitKat step down. Her consistent, rational influence has served many times to temper the behavior of the other mods and a lot of users. As we continue our slow collective descent into madness, that influence will be missed.

Despite your modesty (or maybe in part because of it?), you've done a lot for this place over the last couple of years, KitKat. Thanks for it all.
    Last edited by complich8; Mon, 07-09-2007 at 07:55 PM.

KitKat is 24? Holy shit.....

awww. well, i'm glad you're still staying, kitkat! because it would be sad if you weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by From IRC
    [21:13] <Spiegel> WHAT??!!??!?!
    WHAT??!!??!?!

I think I am going to cry...

Sorry to see you step down, but at least we know you'll still check in on us from time to time. Since I'm not allowed to speculate about the inner workings of the staff I can't actually say that you'll be missed as part of the staff, but I'll miss knowing you were one of the people deciding how things would run around here.

As to this replacement nonsense no one could ever replace Kitkat's kindness and patience!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    As to this replacement nonsense no one could ever replace Kitkat's kindness and patience!
    exactly...

And here I was thinking that I was entering a thread with tips on how to make a shitload of money really quick and be set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Time to mod me up, comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    ... no.
    I thought we were friends -___-

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    And here I was thinking that I was entering a thread with tips on how to make a shitload of money really quick and be set for life.
    I thought Assertn knocked up some celebrity in Hollywood.

I totally second the notion of Animeniax or Mizuchi for mod. Holy effing christ once I read that Assert'n, I was cracking up. Wow, that was a good laugh.

Let them suffer the responsibility of Moderation KitKat, responsibility blows, now enjoy browsing GotWoot without it KK.

Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Animeniax w/ mod powers = a mild Mutata

Mizuchi w/ mod powers = Kagari (i.e. useless)

BoC w/ mod powers = Chinese Judge Mathis

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Her consistent, rational influence has served many times to temper the behavior of the other mods and a lot of users. As we continue our slow collective descent into madness, that influence will be missed.

Despite your modesty (or maybe in part because of it?), you've done a lot for this place over the last couple of years, KitKat. Thanks for it all.
    Indeed, I couldn't have said it any better myself. KitKat has done a fantastic job with the moderator business and I'm sad to see her stepping down. But if thats what she wants, I'm not going to complain. Even if you aren't a mod, your always going to be one of GW's best members Kat! I'm sure I speak for all of us mods when I say that it was great to have you on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    The day I die is when either of those two...no...that probably will never happen.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

True say, I thought you left lab after making loads of money.

Well at least you around still, which is good. Would be good if you could still be a 'wandering' mod... its better to have wandering mod who is good than a prat who is bad but always there imo.

I was expecting a news story or something about how someone struck it rich which made me leap at this thread enthusiastically...after reading it though...I'm not as thrilled.

You'll be missed Kitkat.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Oh hi, I just happened to stroll by. You pretty much have to give me mod powers now, comp.

Wow sad day for GotWoot you were such a great, intelligent mod and will be missed.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...&postcount=104

That's the only moderating I've ever seen KitKat do, and it fucking annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Q-BeRt
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...&postcount=104

That's the only moderating I've ever seen KitKat do, and it fucking annoyed me.
    Boohoo? and I know I have seen plenty of threads KitKat has moderated.