Thread: Bleach 133

This filler was fairly amusing.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    2:45 into ep;

"please tell me this is not keigos sister.... and that she is going to drag ikkaku and "hair poof*(yamichka) into some kind of school kenpo match....

i dont understand why they are airing these fillers, i'd rather them show 1 ep every two weeks.

edit: Why would they show 2 back to back fillers with basically the same premise... humans need help with some sort of contest (soccer, kenpo), shinigami are conveniently around to lend them a hand. Toushiro playing soccer was enough, to put another filler this week. inane.
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Thu, 07-12-2007 at 12:34 PM.

poor episode, even by filler standards. the humor just got old very fast.

however i was intrigued by how they managed to capture the pure insanity that is Keigo's sister. she creeps me out.... remininds me of a girl i used to know in high school, *shudders*

looks like another filler next week as well....

This was a pretty good episode if you don't go into it with the mindset of "oh no, its fillerz, it's the suck", which unfortunately most of you kids can't do (they'll teach you the basics in middle school).

It was very well drawn for a filler, with a different wild style of animation at times that really fit the episode. The story was predictable, but had good details and funny twists to make it interesting. Of course there's the timid guy who just needs a big brother's encouragement to excel, and Keigo's sister being crazy is over done. But the twists made the episode good, like how Ikkaku trains up the underclassmen, but hurts them worse than the original kendo team, then he gets turned down my Matsumoto and Yamuchika because the kendo uniform stinks (well known slice of Japanese life btw), then he tricks Hitsugaya into joining, but Hitsugaya won't take the bribes of candy and toys since he's not a little kid even though he looks like one. The funniest part was Urahara tricking Renji and Sado into joining the team, while eating the lollipop that Ikkaku bribed him with. Then they end it with "To Be Continued...?". Funny stuff.

Episode rating: A-

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    ya know, i actually really enjoyed this filler ep (still immediate delete, but a good 20 minutes). A variation on the same theme as the previous soccer episode, but at least this time they tried to have the actual Karakua guys do something, instead of immediately trying to find ringers...

It started slow, but I didn't mind Keigo or his sister, and the filler kid was actually pretty impressive. As mentioned, Ikkaku trying to bribe Hitsugaya with candy and toys was great, as was the entire (although too short) part with Urahara baiting Renji and Sado. I also got a chuckle out of Yumichika and Matsumoto's reactions to the uniform.

Hilarious that the completely weird Compact Souls that went into the guys were Yachiru's devious scheme (Hitsugaya's passive one sorta fits him, but Yumichika's, Ikkaku's and Renji's were like polar opposites of their normal personalities)

That one last fighter for the opposing Academy turned out to be bald too. And I thought the animation was quite tolerable, mediocre music, a bit too much Keigo and sis...

Hanatarou gets the next filler episode... yay...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I hope they bring other SS members to earth for some goofy fun during fillers. Imagine Yachiru and Kenpachi in Karakura. While I love Renji, Ikkaku, Yumichika, Matsumoto, and Hitsugaya, I think we've seen more of them than any other SS members in the last 50 episodes and they're stretching what little material they have with these 5 kind of thin. Maybe more school oriented episodes, like hollows invading Karakura high school, or a cultural fair with Kon playing gigai-Ichigo. And Ichigo's family never gets boring, same with Urahara's store members. I still want to see those two groups team up for some filler fun. As long as it's not another Bounto arc, I'm satisfied.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    an episode with kon running around peeping and drooling over girls while in ichigos body would indeed satisfy me

I really laughed at the Shinigami's Cup... Evil Yachiru FTW!

Seriously, a little bit of Kiego goes a loooooooooong way. Giving that guy and entire episode is like giving every viewer cancer.

The shinigami cup was better than the whole rest of the episode.

Keigo didn't really have much of a presence in this episode, it was mostly a vehicle for Ikkaku's battle spirit. The timid kendo kid had more of a role than Keigo. I know I'm talking to myself, because pretty much everyone else has written it off as worthless filler and won't give it a chance.

Oh man, funniest anime episode I've seen, especially with these three scenes.

I hope they do more of these fillers, they're more amusing than the current manga plot right now!
    Last edited by BananaFob; Fri, 07-13-2007 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Keigo didn't really have much of a presence in this episode, it was mostly a vehicle for Ikkaku's battle spirit.
    Bull...CRAP.

Granted, he didn't actually DO anything in the episode, but every other line of dialog was his.

Seriously, every scene was exactly the same as the one before it. Keigo repeated everything everyone says with a question mark after it. And his sister alternates every other line with making angry faces at people with a dark purple backdrop and a fawning over Ikkaku with a pink backdrop.

Repeat 40 times. End of episode.

It's sad that that was all you could see in this episode. I guess if you look hard enough, you'll find Waldo in a picture of 1000 hot chicks in bikinis.

Absolutely sick and tired of every thread decaying into these stupid pissing matches. Quit picking fights. Commenting on user's comments on the episode is fine (hence no warning), but if it keeps producing these off-topic duels, you'll have to tone down your inflammatory style.
    Thank you
    masa
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sat, 07-14-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Please keep your response to being somewhat relevant to the topic. This is about Bleach episode 133, not 'User who gets pissed by troll vs. Animeniax'.

Warned (quick expiration, as you were provoked).
    masa

Well, that IS the purpose of Waldo's presence anywhere is to be found.

It's still sad you pretend to like shit everyone else hates just to be a troll.

I genuinely liked this and the previous episode. You're the troll who does nothing but whine about how bad the episode is, when you had dismissed it as filler even before it aired.

Keep looking for Waldo then. I'll enjoy the rest of the image.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder

It's still sad you pretend to like shit everyone else hates just to be a troll.
    i am NOT a troll. I am a level 47 blood elf paladin.

this ep was amusing for a filler. I just hope they end soon.

Funny enough ep, if it was just an ep from a slice of life show it wouldn't win any awards but it wasn't all that bad. I'm glad they can produce episodes that at the minimum are worth the time to watch if you've got nothing better to do. They may not be epic or particularly exciting, but these last two have been good enough that I didn't feel like I wanted my 24 minutes back when they ended like I did with some of the Naruto fillers.

I suspect these Bleach fillers will be going on till Fall at the absolute earliest and have little hope of seeing any non filler material before Winter starts. If you're going to jump ship till the fillers end you might as well do it now.

Going by the titles from the episode list on wikipedia, it looks like content will start August 1st. Two more filler eps until then.

If you're wrong and it's still fillerz in 3 episodes, you have to promise to never come back here.

Wikipedia and ANN are not the most trustworthy sources of information about anything. ANN isn't quite as bad, but not even 75% accurate.