Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: IRC (now w/ weddings)

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    So there you have it, Ryll and I decided to have a little wager on some future events related to a certain manga that shall remain anonymous as not to spoil anyone, and the loser will have to read a manga of the winner's choice
    All victories against Ryllharu are temporary!
    [18:09] <@Ryllharu> Either way, backstabbing Americans make all victories hollow. You'll see.
    [18:09] <@Ryllharu> I'll be back after I find some food.
    [18:10] <+Xelbair> next time when you gonna bet set some kind of 3rd party judge..
    [18:10] <&DS> are you trashtalking europeans again?
    [18:10] <&DS> or just portuguese?
    [18:10] <&DS> cause then I don't care
    [18:10] * +Xelbair completely agree with DS
    [18:11] <@Arkangel> You sir, are a bitch
    [18:11] <@Arkangel> Admit your defeat like a man
    [18:25] <@Ryllharu> Okay.
    [18:25] <@Ryllharu> But your victory is still hollow.
    [18:25] <@Ryllharu> I've been reading Kami Sekai since we made the bet
    Never make bets that you are not already prepared to lose.

Also, Arch hasn't lost yet due to the manga being vague about his assertion.

<&Arcness> sup
    <@Buff> I thought elim may be Zati perhaps
    <@Buff> or Enjou, but meh
    <&Arcness> yet another person i dont know
    <@Buff> nothing much
    <@Buff> trying to motivate myself to study for my oral
    <&Arcness> lol
    <&Arcness> giving or receiving
    <&Arcness> ha
    <@Ryllharu> wahaha
    <@Buff> ?
    <@Buff> oh
    <@Buff> lol
    <@Buff> giving
    <@Buff> well.. actually, receiving
    <@Buff> ...
    <&Arcness> lol!
    <@Buff> both!
    <&Arcness> buff has to go "study" for his oral
    <@Buff> yes, I get marked
    <&Arcness> Lol!
    <&Arcness> graded on performance eh
    <@Buff> that's right
    <&Arcness> lol
    <@Buff> I have to find out what works best for them, and use my skills to deliver it
    <&Arcness> XD
    <&Arcness> haha

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."

Blog Entries
    We should rename this thread to "Bill's wild fantasies"

<@Ryllharu> The next time you want something from me, you can go fuck yourself :D
    <@Ryllharu> Since everything I say is bullshit to you anyway. :/
    <@Arkangel> Implying you'll able to help yourself in any kinf of recomendation
    <@Arkangel> You dish out your opinions regardless of them being wanted or not :D
    <@Arkangel> As the pure blooded american you are
    You forget what kind of vindictive assholes we are too.

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to it <3

<+IFHTT> rofl
    <Iridani> Yeah... bored... going through the quotes XD
    <+IFHTT> old people have nothing better to do all day
    <Iridani> Psh you're older than me so allez a l'enfers.
    <+IFHTT> frankly i will consider myself lucky if i'm still getting some at 70
    <Iridani> Ha.
    <+IFHTT> frankly i will consider myself lucky if i'm not still not getting some by the end of this year
    <Iridani> You're still not getting some? May wanna get that checked.
    <+IFHTT> and yeah, i totally used a double negative
    <+IFHTT> not any time recently
    <Iridani> They have something for that. It's topical though... a bit of an expensive cream but you can get it over the counter. They call it Yuki.
    <Iridani> Or rather "Essence of Yuki"
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

My literary reading of Trigun and light digressions.

<@Y> trigun was one of the only anime shows I watched that did religious symbolism even passably well
    <@Y> probably the only one, come to think of it
    <@Y> i should post about it
    <@Y> i'm not surprised
    <Alhuin> Can you explain it Y?
    <Alhuin> It's been a long time since I watched the series, I don't even remember half of it
    <@Y> vash and wolfwood represent the material and the spiritual aspects of religious faith
    <@Y> specifically christianity but the symbolism is broad enough that it applies generally
    <@Y> vash's cross is metaphorical while wolfwood's is literal
    <@Y> wolfwood is the doctrinaire, but in reality his faith is hollow because of his worldliness
    <@Y> his literal cross contains weapons of violence instead of acting as a symbol of peace
    <@Y> at one point, amusingly, wolfwood literally murders an allegory for eastern mysticism
    <@Y> in the end though vash is not able to continue without being grounded by some of wolfwood's worldliness, while vash's spiritualism allows wolfwood to be fulfilled in death
    <@Y> none of this is present whatsoever in the manga btw, which is why the series blows it away
    <@Y> wolfwood is like the worldly roman catholic church of the middle ages, with outward piety but inward weakness and strife
    <@Y> vash is like a monk aspiring to be christ himself
    <@Y> neither of their approaches work in the end
    <@Y> much like the biblical christ, in mainstream christianity, can neither be fully human (worldly) or fully god (spiritual) but must encompass both
    <@Y> keep in mind that this textual reading makes the series sound way more serious and important than it actually takes itself
    <@Y> and also that I just spoiled the ending for you
    <@Y> KitKat|Work trigun is a very human story really, this is just one subtext
    <@Y> i dont think it's possible to read 'too deeply" into anything
    <@Y> if you can support your textual reading, it's valid
    <@Y> death of the author and all that
    <@Y> the subtext being intended or not intended by the creative team is immaterial
    <@Y> and i find it seriously stretches credulity that all the christian mythology happened accidentally yeah
    <@Y> like most of this shit isnt deep at all, it's just a very broad, simple religious allegory
    <@Y> wolfwood is a pious man but really a faker
    <@Y> vash aspires to an ideal he cannot reach
    <@Y> but it's beautifully done
    <@Y> he is glib to cover up his inner cynicism
    <@Y> yes, he is naive
    <@Y> again in the textual reading I have, he is the type of guy who thinks he can be as pure as christ
    <@Y> they are both flawed men
    <@Y> also vash being immortal and wolfwood being mortal is another obvious parallel
    <@Y> like
    <@Y> it would be different if any of this shit was present in the comic
    <@Y> but the story was changed to put all these parallels and shit at the forefront of the relationship between vash and wolfwood
    <@Y> oh yeah and as wolfwood's worldview wavers, his cross weapon becomes less effective
    <@Y> until eventually he must face himself (his mentor who represents what he has left behind) and sacrifice himself (christlike, don't ya think) instead of committing murder

edit: another discussion. BAD WORDS AND MOD SASS INCOMING.

<@Y> are you a moderator on the forums or just a regular
    <@Y> i dont keep track of that shit
    <@Ryllharu> Nope.
    <@Y> is anyone in here a forums mod?
    <@Ryllharu> Kitkat and Kraco
    <@Ryllharu> Bud too.
    <Deadfire> I gave my modship up
    <@Y> do you think a thread about my interpretation of trigun that was just a log of irc quotes would be out of line
    <&Kraco> Why don't you post in the Trigun thread?
    <@Ryllharu> You cut out some of my less 'retarded' parts, which alters some of the context.
    <@Y> because it's probably full of garbage
    <&Kraco> Or where did you intend to post it?
    <@Y> general anime
    <@Ryllharu> wow
    <&Kraco> Nah, don't make extra threads there.
    <@Y> how about
    <@Y> a broader topic
    <@Y> literary interpretations of anime in general
    <@Y> i'm morbidly interested in possible replies from the general forums populace
    <@Ryllharu> no need to be such an ass about it, just because I don't venerate Trigun and disagreed with you on a less...academic level.
    <@Y> i was talking about why i didnt post in the trigun thread
    <&Kraco> I don't see why you can't post interpretations of anime in the anime's own thread?
    <@Y> because it would be buried under a bunch of contentless white noise posts about episode releases
    <@Y> or a huge thread necromancy of years-old show threads
    <@Ryllharu> There's nothing wrong with thread necromancy when you have something beneficial to add
    <&Kraco> There are no necromancy rules at Gotwoot. Quite the contrary, in fact.
    <Deadfire> Y you azsume the gerenal pop of people that care would read it
    <@Y> Deadfire haha yeah
    <Deadfire> less the people that care alread present here in IRC
    <@Y> i cut out all your parts because they werent really relevant to the interpretation
    <@Y> and i cut out my replies to you so it wouldnt look weirdf
    <@Ryllharu> "<@Y> he is glib to cover up his inner cynicism
    <@Ryllharu> <@Y> yes, he is naive"
    <@Y> works outta context
    <@Y> sans the yes,
    <@Ryllharu> a bit, but it looks like you derailed yourself
    <@Y> i'm mortal
    <@Y> anyway why discourage new threads exactly?
    <Deadfire> it's not really a "new thread:
    <@Y> afraid a thread about some magical schoolgirl horseshit might get bumped off the frontpage in favor of a thread where people actually talk about things?
    <@Ryllharu> "<@Y> i'm mortal" <-- how erudite
    <Deadfire> it's a thought process thats one caused by a series
    <@Ryllharu> Seriously, just post it to the Trigun thread.
    <Deadfire> and therefore part of a series's discussion
    <@Y> i think the specific topic of literary analysis in anime is both broad enough that it could support a thread and unaddressed enough in specific show threads that it deserves special attention
    <@Y> posting a bunch of disparate analyses in dead threads is a great way to ensure no one reads or replies to them
    <@Ryllharu> It is a post series analysis. Lots of people do it when they catch up on a series from several seasons ago and feel like adding to the discussion
    <@Y> of course you might say that no one reads or replies to my posts anyway >
    <@Ryllharu> Y: Usually the opposite happens. People respond because it is new stuff.
    <Deadfire> Literary analysis on any fiction is up to the reader, posting under what would be a catagory of the subject matter is correct
    <@Y> a serious discussion about anime in the middle of a bunch of white noise trash is a derail brah
    <@Y> also
    <@Y> two things
    <@Ryllharu> "white noise trash"?
    <@Y> i was only asking Ryllharu's status as mod to see if he would delete the hypothetical thread, im not actually interested in your opinion on whether it's a good idea
    <@Y> and i was only asking whether an OP consisting entirely of irc quotes of myself would be out of line, not the thread idea in general
    <&Kraco> You can always make a new thread, but you can count on it getting merged with the old one.
    <@Y> in that case, suck a dick
    <@Y> i know damn well the thread would be a good one i wasnt asking that
    <@Y> well, my posts in it would be anyway
    <@Y> >
    <Deadfire> well he has a point, what is your point it is a seprate discussion y?
    <Deadfire> *that
    <@Ryllharu> egoism
    <@Y> because there is no discussion in series threads
    <@Y> obv
    <&Kraco> He feels superior.
    <Deadfire> to your standred?
    <@Y> quick, to the hellsing thread to find people's textual readings of it
    <@Ryllharu> ...
    <Deadfire> Y think about it to discuss with you anything based on fiction I need the fiction to base a disscussion on
    <@Y> i mean i can just point to actual book forums with discrete threads about individual books or series and then a high level literary analysis thread kept separately
    <Deadfire> with out it I would be making a shit post anyway
    <@Y> well if I had to write an actual OP I would brief you with enough detail on the plot as it related to the analysis that you wouldnt feel lost without having seen the series
    <@Y> nor would you be expected to have watched a series upon clicking a thread about it
    <Deadfire> to your view
    <Deadfire> no to the gereal view
    <Deadfire> *not
    <@Ryllharu> Without context, your post would be meaningless.
    <Deadfire> *general
    <@Y> ok
    <@Y> stop fucking responding Ryllharu
    <@Y> jesus christ
    <@Y> anyway
    <@Y> Deadfire i dont think a post about how trigun involves christian symbology is unapproachable
    <@Y> trigun is wildly popular and even people who haven't seen it in the anime community have assimilated details like wolfwood carrying around a cross gun
    <Deadfire> However what would be a reply related be of?
    <@Y> well you could do a, to be charitable, more detail-oriented version of the rebuttal to my attempt to contextualize trigun as christian allegory that Ryllharu tried to do
    <Deadfire> basicaly I argee you have a different point just as well a view that is not taken by a 'normal karma' person
    <@Y> i dunno i'm not predicting people's responses
    <Deadfire> there is your issue
    <@Y> if i knew everything people had to say i'd be a great deal smarter than I am and there would be no need for me to post the thread either
    <Deadfire> you want a reply, however would it be wise to tell people this is what I think let me kno if I am right?
    <@Y> well not so much
    <@Y> "am I right"
    <@Y> because there is really no right or wrong in that sense in this case
    <@Y> "is this supported by the material? are there other possible interpretations supported by the material I didn't think of?"
    <Deadfire> then what is the reason on posting anywhere other then the series thread that exists?
    <@Y> "are there related subtexts in similar works in the genre?"
    <Deadfire> ^ you relate to the genre but give only one example
    <@Y> let me use SA as an example forum
    <@Y> The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The Book Barn > The High-Level Literature Chat Megathread - FOR REAL DUDES ONLY
    <@Y> aside from the gag title, this is a serious literature thread approaching any number of works
    <Deadfire> indeed it is
    <@Y> because specific series or book threads are not about serious literary discussion
    <@Y> a thread on hellsing is about episode releases and how cool alucard looks shooting people
    <@Y> I'm not busting up with a post about how he represents predatory male sexuality or something
    <@Y> i dont think there is an intersection of interests there
    <@Y> i mean i guess you could say there is no interest in seriously looking at anime anyway on GW forums, but perhaps some could be generated?
    <Deadfire> thats purely on how things came about Y
    <@Y> all I know is that it's a fucking crime for Kraco and Ryllharu to secondguess an idea I put more thought into than every single post that has ever been made in the bleach manga forum
    <@Y> faggots
    <@Ryllharu> 2:1 you'll be the only poster in the hypothetical thread, mostly because you'll declare anyone else's interpretation to be trash. Ultimately, it will be little than a vanity thread for you.
    <@Y> god knows a vanity thread for me is better than your post history bitch
    <@Y> also, don't sell the forums short, i'm pretty sure steve could post in this hypothetical thread
    <Deadfire> you see the threads made on certain animes are more disscussion on the release, and what will happen next, you more are looking to look at the finished product as a whole
    <@Y> yeah exactly!
    <@Y> thats why its a separate thread!
    <Deadfire> not in parts as the discussions are
    <@Ryllharu> "<@Y> i mean i guess you could say there is no interest in seriously looking at anime anyway on GW forums, but perhaps some could be generated?" <--- Maybe you should actually *read* some of the threads you are so swift to judge.
    <Deadfire> however thats different from the whole, most use that forum to discuss the latter,, once a series is done, the latter is forgotten
    <@Y> is it ok to post irc logs where i cuss out mods and respected forums vets because i wanna edit this convo into my post in the irc thread
    <Deadfire> *former
    <@Y> 12:: WinAmp 12:: Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - Theme of Simon 12::
    <@Y> serious question btw
    <@Y> and if not, is it because of the swearing or mod sass or both
    <Deadfire> Y you ask for the discussion that requests the fiction, just as well people that think into it as a whole and not in part, GW as I know doesn't discuss that with out attacking the op
    * Joins: Saphyrie (~hey@gw-DE73CA2D.dynapool.nyu.edu)
    * Gotwoot sets mode: +ao Saphyrie Saphyrie
    <@Y> they can feel free to attack me
    <@Y> thats called discussion
    <Deadfire> but thats the only thing you get
    <@Y> i would be grateful if that actually happened
    <Deadfire> but it isn't discussion is it?
    <&Kraco> I have nothing against posting such "discussions" in the irc thread if that floats your boat.
    <@Y> hell my boy Ryllharu here could post his jungian evangelion examination
    <@Y> i could deconstruct it
    <@Y> post a counter-readibng
    <Deadfire> then you need a general subject
    <Deadfire> and more subject to just it
    <@Y> i promise i wouldnt just call you a shithead if you actually made a post about it Ryllharu! one love!
    <@Y> i should have just stayed an inactive mod so I could post shit like this without fear that a post with actual thought put into it would summarily be eviscerated by mod edits or splits
    Last edited by Y; Thu, 01-20-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Wish I had been present in that discussion. Ryllharu and Kraco, I'm really disappointed in the both of you.

There is literally no reason not to create a general megathread for in-depth analysis of anime series.

In the worst case scenario you'd get a short thread filled with some interesting or unique thoughts isolated for easier reading and discussion. Don't try and tell me this forum is too busy or cluttered to worry about a general thread for a specific topic.

Personally I'd love to read a dedicated thread that had more to do with y'all's discussion about broader themes in Evangelion than micro discussion about moe bullshit.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Fri, 01-21-2011 at 01:29 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    Wish I had been present in that discussion. Ryllharu and Kraco, I'm really disappointed in the both of you.

There is literally no reason not to create a general megathread for in-depth analysis of anime series.

In the worst case scenario you'd get a short thread filled with some interesting or unique thoughts isolated for easier reading and discussion. Don't try and tell me this forum is too busy or cluttered to worry about a general thread for a specific topic.

Personally I'd love to read a dedicated thread that had more to do with y'all's discussion about broader themes in Evangelion than micro discussion about moe bullshit.
    I know that. Kraco be hatin'.

I used up most of my OP material shooting the shit with Arkangel though. Also I can't post it because Kraco said he'd chop the thread to pieces.

Which part of "if the thread discusses more than one series, it needs its own thread" led you to this grand conclusion? I only said if you make a new thread for Trigun, it will get merged with the old one, because there's no reason to have two threads for one series, especially considering there's no more of the current release discussion you thought would disturb your more in-depth analysis.

Jeez, man, I detest martyrs who force themselves to lose only to appear great victims. Not my kind of drama, but I suppose you got your kicks out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    Ryllharu and Kraco, I'm really disappointed in the both of you.

How about this reinterpretation?

In the worst case scenario you'd get a short thread filled with spoilers concentrated for easier reading and discussion . Don't try and tell me this forum has any rules to worry about a general thread for a spoilers.

Personally I'd love to read a dedicated thread that I wouldn't be able to avoid discussion about the endings of Evangelion when I was responding to an earlier discussion about Trigun or Berserk.
    We have rules about spoiling and they are comprehensive and explicit. While someone is busy reading the first topic, they run across a post comparing and contrasting a part of that interpretation to the deus ex machina at the end of [A Tale of Two Cities] wherein her [redacted] appears out of nowhere to [redacted] and give a happy ending for everyone while atoning for [redacted].

They would be impossible to avoid. No one has watched every series that might be brought up, buried in each post or in the middle of a separate discussion. These kind of posts belong with their series threads, where there is no risk of spoiler for completed series. Gotwoot has no rules against Necro threads.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I never understood why one should prevent necro threads.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Well, probably the fact that the entire discussion after you shot down the idea of the series specific thread in the first few lines was about a broader one, and that you also responded "You can always make a new thread, but you can count on it getting merged with the old one" and "I don't see why you can't post interpretations of anime in the anime's own thread". You made sure to add a vague caveat about needing substantial discussion of multiple topics to really justify it, and I can guess which way the gavel goes down since that's entirely up to you and you dogged the idea the entire time, talking about how the only reason I would post it is to "feel superior". To be fair to you though, the reason I didn't include that line is because I went straight here to post it after I added my final thoughts and was editing it in when you replied. You do come off a lot more charitable in the end. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Spoiler rules? That's all you got. Spoiler rules are so that little kids don't cry in PM to moderators when they find out that in the end, Naruto kills Ichigo's dad and then decides to join up with Luffy's crew. No one on Earth is going to start reading an essay about the religious themes in Trigun and not get that I'm probably going to discuss death, the resolutions of character arcs, etc. I obliquely mentioned that Jesus Christ dies in the Bible, dude, is that a fucking spoiler? Want me to edit that out so people who only watch the Bible anime aren't disappointed? The only time people get "spoiled" on this forum are the perfectly allowable speculation threads where people will post spoilers as their own speculation, poorly disguised. Spirit of the law, guys.

Oh yeah, and I only asked if you were a mod, not your thoughts on the subject, or how good your backseat moderating is. I see you have that well in hand. Go dominate the School Days thread with your insights, chief.

I only stick to the rules as long as they make the forums more entertaining in a consistent manner. There are too many anime forums that have 379 threads for Evangelion alone, most of them repeating the same stuff over and over again. That's something I definitely don't want to see here, even on a smaller scale. That's my sole point in this debate. There have been a bunch of extra threads in General Anime over the years, most of them sharing the characteristic they concern multiple shows.

It's unfortunate you interpreted my stance as sticking to the letter more than the spirit. That's not how I work.

I also don't consider the spoiler aspect of such a thread of overly much importance. I might not be American but babysitting adult people isn't my thing either. A single warning line at the very beginning of the OP would sort that out sufficiently.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    So ... how about: this:

• Make a new thread in GA.
    • Call it "The tl;dr spoilerific discussion of anime as literature thread".
    • Use the post title (or just a bold first line) to call out the series you're talking about, such that if you're discussing the postmodern decay evident in the outcome of the battle between the Kyuubi and Saber, someone who cares about whether they get spoiled about that series can take proactively ";dr" that post until they've watched the series.

If it proves popular, we can pursue other options with it. Like a subforum and per-series "trigun's merits as a biblical allegory" or "Jungian influences in Ika Musume" ... or something like that?

.... just a thought. I'm not sure there's that many people around here engaging these shows from a background of literary criticism... so how well that would go, I don't know...

I only stick to the rules as long as they make the forums more entertaining in a consistent manner. There are too many anime forums that have 379 threads for Evangelion alone, most of them repeating the same stuff over and over again. That's something I definitely don't want to see here, even on a smaller scale. That's my sole point in this debate. There have been a bunch of extra threads in General Anime over the years, most of them sharing the characteristic they concern multiple shows.
    This is a fair concern in a vacuum but I don't think the glacial pace of GW forums compared to some other places would really mean that such a thing would be disruptive.

It's unfortunate you interpreted my stance as sticking to the letter more than the spirit. That's not how I work.
    Ryllharu, not you.

I also don't consider the spoiler aspect of such a thread of overly much importance. I might not be American but babysitting adult people isn't my thing either. A single warning line at the very beginning of the OP would sort that out sufficiently.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    .... just a thought. I'm not sure there's that many people around here engaging these shows from a background of literary criticism... so how well that would go, I don't know...
    Yeah. The anime review thread I posted didn't turn out well at all, and that shit was just anime reviews for god's sake.

If you feel you'd be the only one motivated to do this kind of analysis, just post it on your forum member blog.

This has gone on long enough. Either post the topic or don't.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    So ... how about: this:

• Make a new thread in GA.
    • Call it "The tl;dr spoilerific discussion of anime as literature thread".
    • Use the post title (or just a bold first line) to call out the series you're talking about, such that if you're discussing the postmodern decay evident in the outcome of the battle between the Kyuubi and Saber, someone who cares about whether they get spoiled about that series can take proactively ";dr" that post until they've watched the series.

If it proves popular, we can pursue other options with it. Like a subforum and per-series "trigun's merits as a biblical allegory" or "Jungian influences in Ika Musume" ... or something like that?

This is a really excellent idea and similar to what I was imagining, but could not put into words.

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Yeah. The anime review thread I posted didn't turn out well at all, and that shit was just anime reviews for god's sake.
    As much as I know that a few people would enjoy such a thread, in the end Gotwoot is really not going to be your ideal audience.

That doesn't mean we should avoid such topics, however. And certainly shouldn't uncompromisingly shoot down any ideas that serve to stimulate activity and discussion. Kraco and Ryll, I didn't mean to react negatively but if such a thread becomes unpopular or receives almost no attention, just let it die. One thread is not going to kill the server. Perhaps I was reading out of context, but the kind of knee-jerk reaction you seemed to have to Y's idea kind of upset me. Sorry.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    1 appendectomy: Free
    2 weeks of prescription drugs: $10
    Several days worth of soup and jello: $20
    Knowing a pharmacist who is constantly on irc: Priceless

IRC is not just a cool place to hang out, but also represents a vast collection of knowledge at your fingertips relating to a broad spectrum of subjects. More of you should take advantage of this incredible resource.

Since Saph always bails (timeout or otherwise) on the channel when you want her there:

<&Saphyrie> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJZUxR_dQz4 DS
    <&Saphyrie> epic halftime show
    <@Ryllharu> DS: Saph is trolling
    <@Ryllharu> One of the worst ever.
    <&Saphyrie> no
    <&Saphyrie> it was one of the best
    <&Saphyrie> haru is trolling
    <&DS> lol
    <&DS> I'll just continue playing ma game
    <&DS> D:
    * @Ryllharu now suspects that Saph is tone-deaf or deaf
    <RedneckNoob> For that to be true
    <RedneckNoob> That means the show must've been atleast aesthetically pleasing
    <RedneckNoob> Since you're calling into judgement her senses and not her sensibility
    <@Ryllharu> teh backup dancers were pretty good
    <@Ryllharu> everything else that wasn't Slash sucked
    <%Xelbair> damned traps in vaults
    <&Saphyrie> no DS i wanted you to see that vid
    <&Saphyrie> usher is an amazing dancer
    <&Saphyrie> fuck you haru
    <%Xelbair> <Saphyrie> fuck you haru <- is this some kind of anthem in Sapp/Ark Alliance?
    <@Ryllharu> Saph: Fergie can't sing period. Will.i.am autotune fail. The other guys mics didn't work. Usher was there for two seconds.
    <@Ryllharu> I was absolutely hammered and I didn't enjoy it. That's how bad it was.