Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Problem...

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    killa, what socket is your motherboard? 939 or am2 ... or 754 ?

If you absolutely must have the processor for the old mobo, at least don't let him rob more than 50 euros for it. It's not like he would have any use for it if he's selling it, after all, and 89 euros is ridiculous. If you pay more than €50 for it, he'll be laughing at you with his buddies afterwards.

@ bbaucom: It's a socket A...

@ Kraco: Hahaha ok, ok, but the CPU is a € 150,- in stores... I mean, I can see where he's coming from although it still is an old CPU.

So.. anyone any hints how to bargain with him? I know I have the killing Eyez but it usually only works with girls...
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Thu, 09-20-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez
    @ Kraco: Hahaha ok, ok, but the CPU is a € 150,- in stores... I mean, I can see where he's comin
    Ah... My bad. I checked the sites of a couple of stores I frequent and they weren't even selling those anymore. So, I guess you have a point there. If it's stuff that hasn't been in production for a long time anymore, you could say it's worth something as it's rare. Though it's hard to believe so recent computer parts could have any historical value. But then again, there was a time 10 years ago when SIMM memory modules were really expensive after their production was pretty much discontinued yet people needed them for whatever reasons, like laser printers and such.

If you need a new socket A cpu, just go find the cheapest one possible and save up for a new computer. No need to spend a lot of money on that shit.

HOORAY!

I went to my dad's today and checked out the PC in question. I had the stupid hunch it was the PSU (since the beginning actually) and the darn thing wouldn't boot at all when I arrived. We swapped PSU's and problem fixed! Guess the mobo I ordered was uncalled for...
    He also gave me 2 mobo's with an 1600+ CPU and a 2000+ CPU, .
    Gonna get some cases and put them together and give one to my ex-girl and one to a friend of mine. The PC in question is goin over to my mom's.

@ Q-BeRt: Not planning to, only need the processor.

@ Kraco: Exactly... and this CPU is the fastest of it's family and seeing I have a long way to go saving...

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez
    Guess the mobo I ordered was uncalled for...
    o rly? .

does anybody know what the cable is called that attaches the slip cd / dvd drives in laptops and moer importantly in small form factor dells? i have alot of unused dvdrw drives at my disposal and i need 4 of them but have no cables and cant find what they are.. i have searched for mini ata / ide and got nothing. These are used in dell optiplex gx520/620/740/755 machines.... any help would be appreciated.

Are you trying to attach them to your desktop? If you are, something like this might help.

Notebook CD/DVD to Desktop IDE adapter

As for a 50 pin cable, which I believe your is, go ahead and look here or I would suggest looking some more with google.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

actually... they dont even have the interface i thought they did. They have a kinda weird connection.... i'm just going to use other drives that i have available and/or special order for people that may want a burner. thanks though

Baught the CPU for 89,-, a coolermaster PSU for 47,- and 2 DDR Dimm modules of 512 MB from Corsair for 59,-.
    Now running an old AGP Nvidia Riva TNT2 32 MB VGA card. Ordered the Sapphire ATI X1950 Pro 512MB.

Edit: So yeah, uhm..... I recieved the X1950 Pro card today... It's in the pc as we speak butta...
    Nobody told me you can KILL with that thing! My god! The card is HUGE!!!
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Sat, 10-06-2007 at 05:44 PM.

LOL when i got my x1950 xt it was fucking huge. at least 2/3 bigger than the x1300 i had before it, and it weighs like 5 pounds!

Yeah those things are large, but you haven't seen the Sapphire HD2600XT Dual. That thing is a behemoth. Not very heavy at all, but the board itself is gigantic.

It's crazy...
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Thu, 12-18-2008 at 12:06 AM.

the x1950 is not that big, its the same size as an x1800 :/
    -----------------

Dude WTF...
    I had to move around my hard drives cause it wouldn't fit, and my case is pretty big...
    Also, I went from the biggest I ever had (9800 Pro) to this one... So for me, IT'S BIG!

yeah that's only cause you went from something so small, the x1950pro really isnt that big compared to other cards. i've got 2 in my system.
    -----------------

Nothing is big after you've seen the HD2600 X2 "Gemini Prototype"... It's the double Big Mac of video cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Nothing is big after you've seen the HD2600 X2 "Gemini Prototype"... It's the double Big Mac of video cards.

Nah. That's not the prototype. That's the official Sapphire production card.

You won't find a picture of the prototype on the internet (unless I upload one for you). It's a double decker (like 7950GX2) but takes up about 5 slots.