Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 140

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    They need to bring Kenpachi and Byakuya to the real world. We won't see a single dead enemy corpse otherwise.
    Exactly.

U can never have enough Kenpachi! Bring it ON!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGumball
    I just cannot help but feel cheated, Either its a crappy fast over no contest win or its a battle that dosen't finish.

Urahara's battle really didnt' awe inspire me. His actions didn't really deploy or show his skills, its simply a unseen hit him without showing the damage to urahara then we see him reappear and suddenly the attack is no good, It would do better to show quick short flashes of him analyzing the power better.

Grimmjow is certainly my fav char now, his stance, his appearance, his drive. I also appreciate yammy, and Ulquiorra.

Ulquiorra is like Urahara I wanna see actual battles and a real showing of their skill or abilites, not simply flashes. Such buildup here it comes the guy i wanna see battle and then we really aren't treated to a showing of their greatness.

I need to see battles with Urahara, that display his skills like Sasori's battle.
    hmm, yeah. i disagree. the reason characters like urahara and ulquiorra are placed on such a high pedestal by fans is precisely because we don't know the full extent of their powers. we're distanced from them, which makes them mysterious. if they were to go all out in what's obviously a puny battle to them, it would just cheapen them and be disappointing.

good episode, despite the unfinished business in every single fight.

soooo, Aizen has orihime now, what an interesting plot twist. anyone care to wager on whether Orihime will heal Grimjows arm?
    once again Yami gets smaked around, although it must be noted that Urahara's Zampakto is one of the "always released" types like ichigo and Zaraki, and Yami hasn't even drawn his Zampakto yet, so technically Yami has won all his fights so far, cause by anime rules, Urahara powered up first and yami is still in normal mode, everyone knows the one who powers up first looses. (i know its arguable ...)
    no preview again this week, new trend perhaps? keep us in suspense?

Quote Originally Posted by anime nomad
    soooo, Aizen has orihime now, what an interesting plot twist. anyone care to wager on whether Orihime will heal Grimjows arm?
    once again Yami gets smaked around, although it must be noted that Urahara's Zampakto is one of the "always released" types like ichigo and Zaraki, and Yami hasn't even drawn his Zampakto yet, so technically Yami has won all his fights so far, cause by anime rules, Urahara powered up first and yami is still in normal mode, everyone knows the one who powers up first looses. (i know its arguable ...)
    no preview again this week, new trend perhaps? keep us in suspense?
    I seriously doubt she'd heal grimmjows arm of her own free will. If Aizen wants her to then i imagine she will as she would have little choice in the matter. Though i believe at her current level of ability she can't restore something that has been completely destroyed, so she'd need to gain some mastery over her abilities before that could happen.

As for the comment on Yami "winning" his fight i'd have to disagree. If you want to go by those rules then Urahara won since Yami's current maskless form as an Arrancar is basically the equivalent of ichigo drawing out his Hollow Mask. In other words he's also constantly in a "powered up" state. On top of that Urahara appeared to put very little effort into the fight up to the point he was at. He was playing around with him, doing unnecessary shit like testing out his new Gigai. I'll giveYami the fight with Ichigo, but given the fact that latley ichigo's been acting like a bitch i'd say thats not much of an accomplishment.

So I was thinking about how disappointed in how Hitsugaya's Sennen Houryu looked since I had read the manga. Honestly it should've looked something more like

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-rqO4CXx9Ho

which is the last special u see at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    Exactly.

U can never have enough Kenpachi! Bring it ON!
    If ichigo tied kenpachi when only using shikai, and he beat byakuya using only regular bankai before he mastered black getsuga tenshou, wouldnt byakuya and especially kenpachi get owned by the arrancar?

Im sure this is just a plot hole, but also, kenpachi totally destroyed tousen, and tousen wtf-pwnd grimmjow, and grimmjow wtf-pwnd ichigo. So thats like a game of rock-paper-scissors... ??

Kenpachi wasn't fighting Ichigo to destroy him. He only wanted a good fight and thus he scaled his own power use appropriately. At what point did the Kenpachi-Ichigo fight look like Kenpachi would be going all out? Perhaps at the very end when he released all his reiatsu you could say he did go all out but only in a manner of speaking. If Kenpachi really had wanted to defeat Ichigo, there wouldn't even have been a fight in the first place because our favorite orange head would have been dead before he knew what hit him.

The Ichigo-Byakuya fight certainly was more complicated. It's hard to say how it would have ended if Byakuya hadn't grossly underestimated Ichigo. But as it is, that's also a mistake and weakness of course. But on the other hand, he wouldn't be underestimating the Arrancar and would probably go straight for a kill unlike pretty much all the other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Kenpachi wasn't fighting Ichigo to destroy him. He only wanted a good fight and thus he scaled his own power use appropriately. At what point did the Kenpachi-Ichigo fight look like Kenpachi would be going all out? Perhaps at the very end when he released all his reiatsu you could say he did go all out but only in a manner of speaking. If Kenpachi really had wanted to defeat Ichigo, there wouldn't even have been a fight in the first place because our favorite orange head would have been dead before he knew what hit him.

The Ichigo-Byakuya fight certainly was more complicated. It's hard to say how it would have ended if Byakuya hadn't grossly underestimated Ichigo. But as it is, that's also a mistake and weakness of course. But on the other hand, he wouldn't be underestimating the Arrancar and would probably go straight for a kill unlike pretty much all the other people.
    At what part did kenpachi go all out on ichigo? Idk, maybe the part where kenpachi says, "ichigo, im taking off the eye-patch and going all out"?

Byakuya may have underestimated ichigo the first time he had a sword right next to his throat, and arguably the 2nd time he had ichi's sword next to his throat, but after they both went bankai and ichigo put up a huge fight, i really doubt byakuya was holding back or underestimating ichigo when he tried to do his finishing white-glow move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    At what part did kenpachi go all out on ichigo? Idk, maybe the part where kenpachi says, "ichigo, im taking off the eye-patch and going all out"?
    I'm glad you could read what I wrote... But other than that, it changes nothing. Even at that point Kenpachi could still have used a bit of skill and killed Ichigo if he had wanted. However, he instead chose to confront Ichigo's simple sword swing with his own to see which one is stronger. Because that's what he was looking for ultimately, not Ichigo's demise. Who knows what he would do with Arrancars but if he actually does have a shred of a sense of duty, he might opt to kill those bastards efficiently instead of looking for some sport.

But about Byakuya you are probably as right as anyone can be with the information we have available. It's certainly a shounen tradition to start with cheaper techniques and then power up and up during the fight to defeat the opponent. If Byakuya hadn't done that, who knows (although the reverse is true as well)... I get a feeling he didn't have any idea what he was dealing with till the end of that particular fight. Still, now that he has got beaten by a nobody his arrogant disposition might have adjusted a little bit.

it has been a while so I might be wrong, but didnt hollow-ichigo turn the tables a nice bit in ichigos favor? (vs byakuya)

Just because Ichigo beat those two doesn't mean they don't stand a chance against the Arrancar, I do believe that each of them are using their offscreen time to train and beef up. Kenpachi himself said he wanted to get stronger, and no doubt Byakuya is taking the Captain General's orders to train for the coming winter battle. I doubt they will be satisfied with just being the same strength.

Also, one of the main reasons i believe ichigo got his ass handed to him frequently by the arrancar was because his mindset after soul society was geared towards going back to a normal life, not constantly training to getting better and seeking out battles (as imaginery Kenpachi pointed out). His focus on fighting was frayed, not to mention his main concern was with the hollow inside him. So he was hardly the same Ichigo who fought Kenpachi and Byakuya to a standstill.

Remember how average Ikkaku was when we last saw him, now he has a freaking bankai from his offscreen training. I personally think that Kenpachi and Byakuya will be more than a match for the arrancar and espada. I mean, if Kenpachi could beat Tousen, and in the time frame between SS and Arrancar, tousen could beat Grimmjow (maybe tousen has acquired vaizard powers through the Hoyugoku?) then I can only imagine how strong Kenpachi and Byakuya are now.
    Last edited by DeathscytheVII; Sat, 09-22-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redcat
    it has been a while so I might be wrong, but didnt hollow-ichigo turn the tables a nice bit in ichigos favor? (vs byakuya)
    Yes Byakuya's Endscape had rendered him unable to move. Hollow-Ichigo came out just as he was about to be struck down and dealt a good bit of damage to Byakuya. Of course if Ichigo had been more of a ruthless fighter he easily could have ended the fight the second he unleashed his Bankai and cut Byakuya's throat.

As for Kenpachi, i have no doubt he put everything he had into beating Ichigo there at the end. Yes he's the type that likes to toy around with his opponents and enjoy a fight, but not to the point where it reaches stupidity. He wouldn't hold back in a situation where his life would be on the line. On the same note, i'd say he's the only person in SS who's likely to have actually taken the time to improve himself since the SS arc. He doesn't fight for anything other than to compete and entertain himselft, after loosing to Ichigo i'd say he'd most certainly be training himself for a rematch.

I certainly hope we get to see him in action in this arc as he's one of my favorite characters, and there are certainly enough Espada to warrant having at least a few other Captain class Shinigami join the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathscytheVII
    Remember how average Ikkaku was when we last saw him, now he has a freaking bankai from his offscreen training.
    Actually, those flash backs were from before he fought Ichigo. He already had Bankai when they fought. As for why he didn't use it then, he explained that pretty well when he told Renji why he didn't want other people to know and why he didn't want to be a Captain.
    Last edited by Crash; Sat, 09-22-2007 at 07:11 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i'm relatively sure Byakuya and Kenpachi could handle themselves perfectly fine in a fight..

they don't strike me as losers, especially not by the traditional shounen stamp.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Power levels in Bleach have always been pretty shaky. Since everyone tends to use fancy tricks in addition to raw power we often see situations where the fancy trick would allow instant victroy if used a certain way, but it's rarely used that way. Cases in point:

When Byakuya uses his Senbonzakura he's shown that he has control over the motion of the cloud. Now if he can control all those tiny blades he should be able to focus them and use them to cut people in half instead of just making huge numbers of surface wounds.

When Tousen traps Kenpahi in his bankai Kenpahi couldn't really do anything until Tousen touched him. If Tousen lined up his sword on Zaraki's heart and made a thrust at full speed he should have been able to kill him. Even if that didn't work, he would have been able to try again from different directions, each time cutting up important parts of Kenpachi's body. Or he could have just cut his head off from the beginning. You can't really turn a decapitating strike into something non fatal in the time frame Zaraki was working in to make Tousen's strikes less damaging.

That being said, Kenpashi's raw physical power is also tremendous, considering he pushed his sword right through Ichigo's. The same sword that shattered Jidanbou's Axes and took Gin's Shinso without breaking.

Ichigo's superspeed should allow him to remove heads before people know what happened (though his speed has been rendered pretty worthless as people with just training and power have repeatedly shown they can keep up with it).

All in all the techniques people have generally could determine the outcome of these battles, the problem is, they rarely do. Instead the right character just wins because they are the on who is supposed to win. If Byakuya or Kenpachi were to fight an Arrancar they would probably lose if Ichigo was nearby and on his way to save the day. But if it was just the Captain and the Arrancar, then the Captain would likely be victorious for being on the good guy team.

Actually, those flash backs were from before he fought Ichigo. He already had Bankai when they fought. As for why he didn't use it then, he explained that pretty well when he told Renji why he didn't want other people to know and why he didn't want to be a Captain.
    I always thought that particular flashback was in post-SS arc, when there were three vacancies available in the captain seats. I don't remember too well what that was, but that was the impression i got when i watched that flashback.

The part where he asks him to be a captain is post-SS, but the training is Pre-SS. When he first approaches him Ikkaku says something along the lines of "Oh you're from Aizen's squad". Post-SS that wouldn't be possible since Renji was already a vice-captain of Byakuya's squad long before the SS arc started.