Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 142

While Tatsuki does have the requisite lesbian hairdo her concerns are pretty reasonable in her situation. The Inoue she knows is week and timid and vulnerable. Tatsuki on the other hand is a self-styled protector so it's natural for her to be concerned when her charge goes missing for months. She knows that Ichigo knows more than he's telling about what's happened but he's giving her the cold shoulder. From her perspective this doesn't make any sense because she was his close friend and she was always there for him when he was little so she feels she shouldn't be left out.

I don't think she knows anything about hollows or shinigami beyond the fact that Ichigo hops out of his body from time to time and carries around a big sword. Obviously she would think she could help somehow in the absence of any knowledge or first-hand experience in facing how powerless she would be against a hollow. And even if Ichigo told her something she'd still think she could hack it somehow and would try to fight probably getting herself killed in the process.

I vote for more Tatsuki in every episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji
    To fuel any discussion: Do you think Tatsuki will barge in Hueco Mundo, despite her uselessness there? (I highly doubt she has developped powers that are badass enough to fight an Espada.. or a decent Hollow for that matter..)
    Mizuiro will just run away when he sees Urahara or something..
    If she goes to HM I doubt that she'll be useless.

I mean, it would be a bit deus ex machina for her to go from 0 to arrancar power level, but its nothing this series hasn't done before.

Besides which, she knows karate. Which means at the very beginning of the series, she was stronger than Ichigo!

I think there's something going on with Ichigo's other friend too...the one with the cell phone. That kid is way to calm all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Besides which, she knows karate. Which means at the very beginning of the series, she was stronger than Ichigo!
    I don't think so. Ichigo knows karate (or some other kung-fu) as well, as we have seen numerous times when he fights with his dad. And he's physically a lot stronger, no doubt. In the distant past Tatsuki was stronger without question, but not at the beginning of the series.

Tatsuki would get get massacred, no questions asked. Anything else would render the entire anime, nay the concept of training to get stronger even a little bit but consistantly utterly useless.

Well, for all we know, Tatsuki has had powers just as long as Inoue and Chad but since they never take her anyplace, maybe she's just been practicing on her own with them.

I'm just saying, they're obviously building her up for something, and I doubt it's to suck.

That would make a nice change though. Whiny kid whines and whines, only to get smacked up in the end.

I get enough of that in Naruto thanks very much.

Bleach got keys to succes but don't let the plot turn out to be " Ichigo & Co goes to an foreign world save the girl "

Deception is around the corner.

Ichigo really needs to have more faith in his friends, that part with Tatsuki was really well done but I think he should've trusted her.

And the captain general really needs to stop being a dick, every decision he has made in this series has shown he either doesn't care about his subordinates feelings or doesn't have faith in their fighting abilities. I would forgive that if he had some foresight, but how he handled the whole Aizen fiasco just makes his standing as a leader worse IMO. He's certainly the most pessimistic guy i've ever seen to lead an anime organization

His decisions are those of a good commander though if you think about it. He's not there to pander to the feelings of his underlings, he's there to protect Soul Society. Of course he can't really tell Ichigo what to do, but the others are all under his command and he'd be wasting them if he sent them on a dangerous mission after someone he thinks went with Aizen of their own free will. We saw from the SS invasion arc that non 98% of sub Vice-Captain shinigami are essentially powerless against any opponent stronger than a normal hollow.

SS had around 29 people that might have stood a chance against an Arrancar level opponent when Ichigo showed up in SS (13 captains, 12 Vice-Captains, Ikkaku, Yumichicka (maybe) and the two 13th squad idiots(again, maybe). If you discount the three Ichigo destroyed with 0 effort before the Byakuya fight, the three missing captains, Hinamori, the 12th squad VC, and the 13th squads two idiots you're down to around 19 people that might be able to fight. Toss in Rukia to make an even 20 and their odds still look pretty bleak. In that situation it would be foolish to divide your strength and try to storm the enemies stronghold.

wow @ yukimura for that impressive analysis of the fighting strength of SS.

its safe to assume that only a captain could face an espada, thats 13 captains, less the 2 that left with aizen leaves 10 captains VS 10 arrancar, i would like very much to see those battles. but that would leave so many good guys with no one to fight (urahara, yarouchi, ichigos dad...), i suppose they could fight some of the non-espada

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Well, for all we know, Tatsuki has had powers just as long as Inoue and Chad but since they never take her anyplace, maybe she's just been practicing on her own with them.

I'm just saying, they're obviously building her up for something, and I doubt it's to suck.

Just seems to be showing how shortsighted these writers are by focusing on the same people every time.

Why can't there be a story line where it changes up either the main characters fully , or it just changes up the back up charcters, for isntance in this latest episode we see chad and ishida be like reintroduced as they set out to save Inoue. I understand they have trained and gotten (susposedly)stronger and we'll see how that develops. It just woulda been nice to shake things up and add new chars to back up Ichigo, for isntance Tatsuki and show something new and develop something new.

Same thing with it always being Hitsugaya, shake things up more Soifong!

Or am I just to wise and smart for anime where i need more than a simple storyline. :P Dear God am I to old for anime and I should just stick with Hentai?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGumball
    Or am I just to wise and smart for anime where i need more than a simple storyline. :P Dear God am I to old for anime and I should just stick with Hentai?
    This is a traditional shounen series. It's very formulaic by nature. I have no doubt Kubo could write a much more original story, but this is just how it goes in basic shounen stuff. I reckon it's not meant to be watched for originality in the story, characters, or basic setting but in the details (if anything).

I second Kraco. If you want new characters and deeper story you are not likely to find it in a show like Bleach. Anime/Manga this popular owe a lot of that popularity to being easily accessible and simple so massive numbers of similar people (moder youth for instance) will be more likely to enjoy them. Why does Hitsugaya show up all the time I've asked myself many times? Answer: Because he was voted most popular non-main character in Japan a few times. If you want depth talk to Budweiniken aka Munsu, he can probably point you in the direction of several anime that are deeper and more story driven than Bleach. No one's too old for anime, but it's quite possible you're too old for Shounen.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    finally watched this episode today. I really liked it, although I thought it was sorta weak the way Ichigo kept trying to shoulder all the responsibility, especially with Tatsuki. She has a right to know at least what's going on, especially since she's got half a clue already...

I completely agree with Yamamoto's decision to not let his men pursue Inoue, but I don't think he actually has any right to tell Ichigo what to do...

The "go rescue our friend" plot element is in so many animes... ...but I'm more than willing to forgive that repititon because Bleach continues to do a good job with characters, atmosphere, and presentation. Urahara is the man; I wish he were going with them...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".