Page 8 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Ecchi anime?

Are there any good ecchi anime out there like I guess, Shuffle! or Golden Boy where there're actually bare breasts? I get really annoyed at ecchi scenes, where the breast/nipples are miraculously covered by fog, mist, a strand of hair that never existed, a cup, etc. Just looking for something funny, and ecchi at the same time, or anything else out there worth recommending.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Midori no Hibi fits your description.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=1327
    Oh yea, it does, forgot to mention it in my original post though, but I watched it quite awhile ago. I quite liked it.

Rizelmine is a bit old, and sometimes a little far over the loli threshold, but as I remember it's pretty much uncensored. It's funny, and I really enjoyed it.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan is very ecchi, short, funny, and very bloody. As for nudity, I don't remember all that much, but it should satisfy anyway.

Nurse Witch Komugi has just about everything you want. It's one of my favorite ecchi OVAs.

He Is My Master doesn't have that much nudity, but there is a lot of ecchi and it's pretty funny.

If you find the dvd versions of Girls Bravo, there is another comedy/romance with lots of exposure. If it's not the dvd version, it will be censored.

Edit: I'm not sure if there's full-on nudity in all of these, over the years I pretty much became immune to fanservice.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 10-02-2006 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Rizelmine is a bit old, and sometimes a little far over the loli threshold, but as I remember it's pretty much uncensored. It's funny, and I really enjoyed it.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan is very ecchi, short, funny, and very bloody. As for nudity, I don't remember all that much, but it should satisfy anyway.

Nurse Witch Komugi has just about everything you want. It's one of my favorite ecchi OVAs.

He Is My Master doesn't have that much nudity, but there is a lot of ecchi and it's pretty funny.

If you find the dvd versions of Girls Bravo, there is another comedy/romance with lots of exposure. If it's not the dvd version, it will be censored.

Edit: I'm not sure if there's full-on nudity in all of these, over the years I pretty much became immune to fanservice.
    Thanks a lot! Well, I'm not talking about like full on nudity, where they even show the female genitalia or anything, but just enough for nipples or what not. Though the genitalia isn't a problem in my book :P

Hmm, I just finished Cowboy Bebop. Looking for a show with a little more violence. I enjoyed the Kenshin OVA's and Gantz. Anyone have any advice?

Berserk, if you haven't seen it.

I have seen beserk, to advoid this again here is a list of every anime i can think of that i have seen.

Beserk
    Cowboy Bebop
    Blood+
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Initial D
    Gantz
    Kenshin
    Prince of Tennis
    Tenjou Tenge
    Ghost in the Shell.

Still looking for help folks.

Violence is what we're after this round?

Black Lagoon was nice and bloody, and the second season just started and is even more gory.

Le Chevalier D'eon is currently airing, so far it has not held too much back.

You may also want to try Speed Grapher (pretty violent, and often grotesque) and Utawerurmono (has a period/Kenshin-ish vibe to it).

EDIT: Utawerurmono is also one of the best series of 2006 according to several people I agree with in other forums. More fantasy than Kenshin is, but has just as good set of characters and a great plot. It doesn't hold back on the violence either.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Thu, 10-05-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Elfen Lied has a good amount of limb rippage offage.

Yeah, you definitely want Elfen Lied for violence and blood. (Can't believe I forgot about that one).

Basilisk is a must if you liked Kenshin and want blood.

Samurai Champloo is another "period" style series with good amounts of violence.

Airmaster is largely bloodless, but has some downright brutal streetfights, and so does Ikkitousen (not as good as Air Master for fights).

IMO Gantz is many times more violent than Elfen Lied. It's off the charts. If you know of a more violent series than Gantz, please post.

(hentai does not count)

Edit: Actually I'd like to point out that there are different categories of violence. Berserk and Black Lagoon is just very brutal fighting, whereas Speed Grapher and Basilisk are just downright grotesque. Gantz is pretty similar to Elfen Lied.
    Last edited by Board of Command; Thu, 10-05-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Well i watched elfen lied in 2 days. It was a good show, downloading Basilisk now. I'll have it done by next week. Thanks guys for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (aka KareKano, aka "His and Her Circumstances", this one is surprisingly influential on the styles and themes of a LOT of later series, and an all around excellent show)

My recommended must sample list would definitely include Neon Genesis Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Karekano, Slayers, the Read or Die OVAs, and Berserk.
    Finally got around to have a look at Karekano, and after just two episodes I have to say it's quite different than I expected. Actually it just lay on my HD (or HDs, it even got moved from one to another to make space) for a few weeks, unwatched. And after those two episodes I can certainly see why it's on that must sample list of yours. A very interesting and entertaining series.

If anyone likes a long series and a great maybe sports type (board game) kind of anime then Hikaru No Go is one that is entertaining and great. Just finished it and I recommend this for people that want something different then the hack and slash or those types of anime.
    Last edited by Zati; Tue, 10-10-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Heya guys. Been reading through most of this thread and am grabbing Elfen Lied and Hunter x Hunter now due to your suggestions, but I do have a question still.

I've just finished watching Eureka Seven, enjoyed it immensely and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a couple of animes along that same vein? One where the focus is more on the characters than the fights and has an excellent storyline.

No offense to the fighting animes, but there's plenty of those out there for me to check out going by this thread.

If you haven't yet watched FMP (Fullmetal Panic) or Last Exile, consider them. FMP is a mecha anime like Eureka Seven with strong characters and very likable characters and a really excellent storyline. Last Exile is not a mecha anime but rather an aeroplane anime, but it also has a good cast and a strong story.

FMP might contain more fights than Eureka Seven, but it's not really a pure fighting anime. Many of the characters just belong to an army, and thus it's their job to fight (to save the world). Last Exile is a bit different, but you'll see if you watch it.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Hey look, I'm back! I know, I'm a really slow anime watcher and I haven't yet finished Kurau Phantom Memory (I'm savouring it ), but I'm back for a different reason.

Last week, I showed Scrapped Princess to one of my friends who, up until now, has avoided and shunned anime. She LOVED Scrapped Princess though, and I'm trying to source out more anime that we could watch when she comes by to hang out. I'm thinking Last Exile could be a good candidate. She's not really into mecha, or witches/vampires/creature shows. I'm woefully ignorant about shoujo, so maybe you guys could help me out.

EDIT :

Anyone mentioned Gensoumaden Saiyuki?
    I was Sanzo's fanboy since the day I watched it.
    Last edited by kenren; Fri, 10-13-2006 at 11:40 AM.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    She LOVED Scrapped Princess though, and I'm trying to source out more anime that we could watch when she comes by to hang out. I'm thinking Last Exile could be a good candidate. She's not really into mecha, or witches/vampires/creature shows. I'm woefully ignorant about shoujo, so maybe you guys could help me out.
    Damn, you always have so hard questions. You should be ashamed of yourself...

Hmm... I'll try to keep adventure among the classification and try to suggest a few. The Twelve Kingdoms might work. Has some similarity to Scrapped Princess. If she doesn't mind scifi, Stellvia and PlanetES might work. Maybe later if you want to be really adventurous Noein. DN Angel might work (it has been a while since I saw it) - it's some thief / adventure / slightly supernatural stuff.

Well, I don't really watch any pure shoujo stuff since I'm no shoujo. I've only watched some shows that also have shoujo in their classification among other themes, like Karekano and a select few magical girl shows. So, considering pure drama my knowledge is poor. I liked Hanbun No Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora very much, and you could try it. Mahoraba Heartful Days maybe, to have some comedic aspects.

Sorry, but I don't have any excellent, sure bet suggestions.