Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Alright after merging what would be my 5th or 6th thread into this thread for everyone I decided to stickie it for everyone to use as a resource. Add to it with your own queries about what you should watch and/or what you suggest to others.
    -MOD

Hello, long time since I wrote something on Gotwoot, I have been busy at the Uni.

And btw I searched the forum for topics like this but I didn't found any (probably b-cuz im not used to this new forum and suck at searching)...

I was wondering, since naruto is gay-ass boring with the fillers and al, and bleach is showing fillers to, though they are better, not rasengan-nuddles..

I was wondering if theres any new shows out there worth watching?

I prefer feudel japan, samurais, ninjas and shit like that, but I also like Mecha like I've seen Gundam and so on and love it!

These I have already seen:
    Neon genesis evangelion
    Gundam seed + destiny
    Beserk
    Naruto (still watching)
    Ruroni kenshin
    Full metal alchemist (probably the only one in the world that thought it sucked)
    Bleach (still watching)
    Ninja scrolls
    Shuzuka (dunno why since this sseries is completly not me.. lol)
    Blue Gender
    Full metal panic + second raid + fumoffo
    Hellsing
    s-CRY-ed
    Samurai deeper kyo
    cowboy bebop
    Tenjou tenge
    and my favorite...

BASILISK

Are there any good anmies thats simular to these perhaps, or is there ones totally diffrent but anyway reallt cool..

I hate anime with cute girls being ninjas and shit thats just to much crap.. lol
    Last edited by kAi; Thu, 10-11-2007 at 01:03 AM.

I happened to enjoy a lot of the stuff you listed there so....

Samurai Champloo, if you can get your hands on that. It's about 2 swordsmen and a girl looking for someone in feudal Japan but with a modern twist on everything.

And there's always Hajime no Ippo! Anime about boxing but it's a cut above most sports animes in terms of personalities, character development, humor, and the occasional drama.

Hmm, samurai champloo, sounds great, lookin into that..

No other series thats on now thats great?

If you're looking for something more current, I'd suggest just browsing through the more active threads going on now and see if any of those catch your interest. Usually on the first post of the thread there's gonna be a link/quote on what the anime's about.

I really recommend Ippo to you though. It's got all the elements that makes shounen series appealing: the apparent underdog, fights, the process of levelling up, more fights, etc. If a girl like me can actually like an anime about boxing (a sport I never had much interest in), I think that's saying alot You won't regret picking it up. You can even find the torrent for the entire series at BoxTorrents, I think. C'mon, Isso, I'm trying to pique your curiousity here. Is it working?

I agree with Honko on Samurai Champloo - I absolutely love that series and have the whole thing, though I do enjoy it in English too actually.

And though I haven't seen enough of it to make a decent recommendation, maybe Samurai 7. Sort of a mix of future-style (robots, airships) and samurai. Interesting so far (heh, unless someone comes on here and says it blows...I'll still watch it to find out myself, but oh well).

And as they say in Monty Python, "And now for something completely different." For something absolutely pointless and ridiculous, Dragon Half. Only two eps, basically useless, but pretty damn funny all the same just because it's so stupid.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Samurai 7 was a fine series. All the better if you have seen the original Kurosawa movie (despite the vast differences).

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    If you're looking for something more current, I'd suggest just browsing through the more active threads going on now and see if any of those catch your interest. Usually on the first post of the thread there's gonna be a link/quote on what the anime's about.

I really recommend Ippo to you though. It's got all the elements that makes shounen series appealing: the apparent underdog, fights, the process of levelling up, more fights, etc. If a girl like me can actually like an anime about boxing (a sport I never had much interest in), I think that's saying alot You won't regret picking it up. You can even find the torrent for the entire series at BoxTorrents, I think. C'mon, Isso, I'm trying to pique your curiousity here. Is it working?

Thanks for the post, amazingly I was able to find a decent anime on the first page. Actually, this is the first sports anime I liked.
    Anymore good suggestions? Gonna check out Mushishi as well.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Sat, 09-16-2006 at 12:36 AM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Thanks for the post, amazingly I was able to find a decent anime on the first page. Actually, this is the first sports anime I liked.
    Anymore good suggestions? Gonna check out Mushishi as well.
    The next step for you would be to get into Ippo manga as the storyline continues where the anime stopped, including the movies. Always glad to see another Ippo fan around here ^^

As for another one.... well, another sports anime I like alot is Major, which is about baseball. I watch it mostly because I enjoy all the characters and the story's good. Who knows? This might be the second sports anime you would like. Two seasons of it is out (all nearly fansubbed) and I heard rumors of a third season coming out this winter. I guess that's the other thing I appreciate about this anime. It follows pretty closely to the manga storyline and instead of doing continuous fillers, it'll stop and then start up again later.

As for others, maybe there's another anime you might enjoy watching on the second page of this thread

sigh...what anime should I watch next?

Ok peeps, I need help on taking in a new anime. I like anime that has some of everything... not like the dragonball series where there's too much fight and no story and not like one piece which is the most childish fucken show. Tenjou tenge was too short so i need something with at least 50 eps. I watched Naruto and Bleach which were both great, unfortunately because of the childish fillers, Naruto no longer interests me. What should I watch next? Full metal? What's Kyou Kara Maou like? I wouldn't mind an anime without the weird japanese humor either. So, a very serious anime isn't a bad thing. I JUST WANT SOMETHING GOOD before i flip out man!! Because regular TV sucks ASS!!!

A nice topic, but someone already has a topic just like it here. I'm merging your post with this thread, instead of locking or deleting it because you're new. Please don't make this a habit or a ban may be used to enforce those rules you argreed to when you started posting here.

User Warned
    Last edited by Deadfire; Sun, 04-23-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Full Metal Alchemist seems to be the one that fits your constrictions. One Piece isn't childish, though it might be more on the the humorous side.

anyone ever seen golden boy?
    thers one for ya
    "Rotating Surfboard Of Death, Kenny"--Vic Ramono

Golden Boy's good due to its sheer hilarity. Guys probably appreciate the massive fan service that abounds in this very short series (5 or 6 eps) =P I remember watching this and nearly fell out of my chair during the.... second ep, I think. It's the one where he's led by the hand by some rich student and.... =X

As per the One Piece discussion, I would refer you to this thread:
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=12877
    It goes over some key reasons why people like it so much and why. Many people seemed to have had go to at least the Arlong Ark before really enjoying (I for 1). Give it a shot and you'll really like it.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    Golden Boy's good due to its sheer hilarity. Guys probably appreciate the massive fan service that abounds in this very short series (5 or 6 eps) =P I remember watching this and nearly fell out of my chair during the.... second ep, I think. It's the one where he's led by the hand by some rich student and.... =X
    Now I know exactly what you meant by nearly falling out of your chair. Damn this show is crazy. The fanservive is also purely humorous most of the time. Thanks, I probably wouldn't have sought out this series without that post of yours.

Help me find a new anime series to watch!!!

With both bleach and naruto stuck in an unending cycle of perpetual fillers, I need something new and different to watch. Are there any new anime series that are really worth watching. I know there are all kinds of new series that premiere but I really don't want to filter through a bunch of crap with gun bunnies or giant robots or any of the other sterotypical traits normally associated with anime. If any of you have something to good to recommend please post the name of the series as well as brief synopsis of the plots and themes and ongoing storyline.

Wow, seriously the thread you could have posted this in isn't even off the first page yet. How you missed it is beyond me.

Thread Merged, User Warned
    Last edited by Deadfire; Wed, 05-24-2006 at 06:32 AM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    recommended for generic anime newb (and Narutards):
    Eureka7, Blood+ (it's damn good right now), FMA if you haven't seen it

For those sick of typical action animes:
    Monster, Mushishi, Melancholy of Haruhi

Care to gamble with a new show?
    Utawarerumono, Zegapain, Black Lagoon

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I'd add The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo to the gamble with a new show catagory. Even at just three eps (Ayu is slow, but does quality work), the series is showing considerable promise. Neat swordmanship, desert tanks, robots, freaky powers, it seems to have it all. Even does a good job at mixing in humor.

just watched gungrave and found it amazing!!!!, is there any other anime which is somehow like gungrave

ty psj for this sig

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    I've yet to come across another anime that accurately portrayed the gangster life the way Gungrave did. Also it's hard to get the same blend of bullet rain and monster mix like that show had. It's really a special show which is part of why I strongly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

... in the same vein as gungrave? That's a little tough... well i suppose if you like guns and all that you need to watch Trigun and Cowboy Bebop if you've never seen them. Airing currently, Black Lagoon is a shoot-em-up style show as well.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".