Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'd add The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo to the gamble with a new show catagory. Even at just three eps (Ayu is slow, but does quality work), the series is showing considerable promise. Neat swordmanship, desert tanks, robots, freaky powers, it seems to have it all. Even does a good job at mixing in humor.

just watched gungrave and found it amazing!!!!, is there any other anime which is somehow like gungrave

ty psj for this sig

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    I've yet to come across another anime that accurately portrayed the gangster life the way Gungrave did. Also it's hard to get the same blend of bullet rain and monster mix like that show had. It's really a special show which is part of why I strongly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

... in the same vein as gungrave? That's a little tough... well i suppose if you like guns and all that you need to watch Trigun and Cowboy Bebop if you've never seen them. Airing currently, Black Lagoon is a shoot-em-up style show as well.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Also it's hard to get the same blend of bullet rain and monster mix like that show had ... Cowboy Bebop if you've never seen them.
    Yeah. Cowboy Bebop had a pure monster episode!

I just finished watching Gunslinger Girl (Animenfo, ANN, KAA torrent). I think it was a really good series. Perhaps not excellent, if I reserve excellence for series like Elfen Lied, but really good nonetheless. Despite the slightly corny name.

The descriptions beyond the links might give a bit more brutal image of the series than it actually is, although there are strives of all kinds in this anime. Despite the talk about cyborgs it was very realistic and deep, the characters very convincing. It certainly painted a very believable picture of pre-teenagers who have gone through brainwashing, extensive surgery and are completely dependent on the few people they interact with.

Casually thinking the setting of this series is very cruel and cold, yet when you watch it, there is strange warmth in it; how the life persists and how humans are still humans trying to interact with each other, love and be loved, no matter how twisted the circumstances.

Yeah, your post would've been more appropiate in this thread:

http://forums.gotwoot.com/showthread.php?t=9740&page=3

Hmm... Yeah, I think you might be right (not counting the fact I can't write a 10 words post in 30 seconds...). I didn't remember that thread, but specifically looked for this one