Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1621

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Thx. Amanchu sounds best for now.

I read the synopsis for Nagi. It doesn't sound like Hanasaku at all 0_o

…and you're wrong. It is literally written by the same woman. She's usually considered among legends of the anime industry.

They're both coming of age stories. One just has a little more fantasy/scifi to it. And I do mean both fantasy and scifi.

Oh yeah, and Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo is also hers.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 10-04-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Ok, now you sold me, girl

Since I can't find any good Halloween movies on Netflix:

Any Halloween-themed anime shows? Or just scary ones? But not just scary, it should be good, too. Something like ReZero is okay, too, since it's pretty scary and hopeless at times.

Shiki

Some of the Higurashi arcs

Occult Academy for a comedy-horror option

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia if you want a horror-romance

Soul Eater and its spinoffs are really the only Halloween-aesthetic series out there that isn't a moe comedy.

Some serious mystery with likeable characters would bw ok, too. Like Boku dake ga inai machi.

Monster

Hundred Stories (Requiem from the Darkness)

Ugh, I started Amanchu today. The overuse of comical faces and the forced quirky behavior of the diver girl are really grating 💀 And the other girl's normal eyes look like she's shocked to death all the time, reminds me of Blame!'s style, except it's actually fitting that series because, you know...

And instead of talking episode 1 was a whole lot of ... dumb noises.

Is that really an anime worth watching?

Need a recommendation btw, however it can be a manga, too.

Basically, are there any stories like Anohana, except with older protagonists (30-50 yo)? With or without fantasy, that's not important. What I liked about Anohana was how these characters look back at their past life, how great it was, but then see what has become of them. And then the story is about them finding their old self's positivity/energy/drive again.

Is there anything like that? Thx!

Millennium Actress

edit: A Silent Voice also meets that criteria, though they're younger, and the manga expands on the others' stories quite a bit more.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 11-25-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I don't know... a Silent Voice is more about the change/redemption than it is about going back to how they once were.

A superb movie, but I believe it would not fit that specific request.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 11-26-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Tbh Millennium Actress sounds like it's more about Japanese ihistory and a single famous person's career.

I'm looking for something more relatable, hence my example, Anohana, but older characters.

Maybe watch it before you question why I replied with it. I've seen it, and you clearly haven't. It's a movie, it won't take up that much time.

And I did say the manga of Koe no Katachi. The redemption story arc is only the one between Shoya and Shoko. Quite a bit happens outside Shoya's perspective. Volume 6 is extremely dense, and the other six volumes left out a lot of additional development to be compressed to movie length.

edit 2:
    I guess you could try Orange, but that bored me to tears and I never got through episode 2. Uh...maybe Honey and Clover?

If you're asking for "mid-life crisis Anohana," you ain't gonna find it. You already watched ReLIFE, which is probably the closest.
    1) Anohana is a masterpiece for a reason.
    2) If there is a manga out there that fulfills your request, I very much doubt it was ever translated.

Just read Maison Ikkoku.

It's not really what you're asking for, but I also recommend Netojuu no Susume because it is adorable.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 11-26-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Yes, Orange was awful, bit also features highschool students instead of adults. I've seen Netjuu already, liked it, but it's not serious enough to fit my criteria.

"midlife crisis Anohana" is a good name for what I seek, although midlife crisis might be too harsh. It's more about looking back and realizing that things turned out differently, then trying to change a bit ... ok, it's midlife crisis after all, lol. Nothing like that exists? Why? I realize anime might cater to a younger audience, but manga exist in such breadth, there should be stories like that, right?!

And I did say the manga of Koe no Katachi. The redemption story arc is only the one between Shoya and Shoko. Quite a bit happens outside Shoya's perspective. Volume 6 is extremely dense, and the other six volumes left out a lot of additional development to be compressed to movie length
    Dunno, I have both the manga and movie on my PC
    What MFauli describes is simply not the main focus of that series in my opinion. The additional backstories of the other characters the movie didn't focus on don't really change that I believe.

To me it sounds like he is looking for a movie where the main cast had fun as children/school together, but now as adults they are living away from each other, none of them got to be what they wanted and bored with their everyday life they start thinking "man, I want to change it - I call the dudes and we go party/change it up"

Wild Hogs - basically, or whatever
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 11-27-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Dunno, I have both the manga and movie on my PC
    What MFauli describes is simply not the main focus of that series in my opinion. The additional backstories of the other characters the movie didn't focus on don't really change that I believe.

To me it sounds like he is looking for a movie where the main cast had fun as children/school together, but now as adults they are living away from each other, none of them got to be what they wanted and bored with their everyday life they start thinking "man, I want to change it - I call the dudes and we go party/change it up"

Wild Hogs - basically, or whatever
    Yes! Maybe without actively calling others, more like coincidentally meeting an old friend which sets things in motion.

I mean, this sounds like an idea others should have had before me, so it surprises me that apparently no such anime/manga exist.

Why are you surprised?!

You always seem to ask for an extremely specific series trait(s) in an already niche subgenre of a specific media format that typically caters to pre-teens, teenagers, and otaku.

You had a chance for once by asking for a manga because as a medium it has a much wider appeal in Japan, but there aren't any in this case (or at least no group has bothered to translate them). Teens, yes. Mid-life crisis adults, no.

Up to this point I expected manga to cater to all ages in Japan, so yes I'm surpised it doesn't have any that deal with not-niche topic of midlife crisis.

Well if you want stuff that actually *deals* with midlife crisis you could read Haruka na Machi e.

It's about an old man that thinks he lives a life of unfulfillment. Visited the grave of his parents/his old hometown by chance and goes into a trance - wakes up as his 14 year old self.
    He starts thinking and trying to change his old life, so that he can have a better future but at some point he starts realizing something

(but that's not that very specific scenario you are looking for... yet it has the same lesson to be learned)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 11-27-2019 at 03:10 PM.

It very much sounds like something along the lines though. Thx.