Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 151

Bleach 151

DB's release.

Edit: Funny scenes, horrible action scenes. New interesting intro though.
    Anyone know where it's from?
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Thu, 12-06-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Bleach is pulling a Naruto by turning scenes from their new movie into a new opening intro.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    oh...
    see i didn't know if it was real or not... I found a post talking about what you're saying lazie, but i thought they were talking about when they ran scenes from memories of nobody in the intro and outro..

anyhow... whats up with the late db release? i saw a raw out last night at 6-7pm and kept checking db.

*At first i was like.... i'm kinda sick of toushiro hogging the spot light... but the clips from the upcoming movie looks really good. next year baby!!!!!!*
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Thu, 12-06-2007 at 11:28 PM.

I suspect the slowness was due to Genshiken also being done on Tuesdays, but that's just a theory. As to the episode...the action animation just seemed wrong for most of it. And Dondorii is a bit too retarded for my tastes. But he used to be #3 so I guess he makes up for his lunacy with battle prowess. Seems Ichigo will have to go bankai (aka shikai for any other soul reaper) after all.

Missing Nin
    I've always hated these guys mainly because they made them to strong. If they were demoted for power reasons it makes no sense for them to be stronger then say Yami who Ichigo randomly cut the arm off of with little issue and who is in the current Espada. As such these guys should be weak when compared to any of the real Espada.

This guy in particular is just annoying and I can't wait for this fight to just end so we can get to something good.

Ichigo fought much worse than he did in the beginning of the whole series after gaining his powers... This is a sad way of building a story. If they want a strong enemy they should make a strong enemy instead of a goofy one and making Ichigo suddenly a lot weaker.

What a drop in animation quality ....

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    I suspect the slowness was due to Genshiken also being done on Tuesdays, but that's just a theory. As to the episode...the action animation just seemed wrong for most of it. And Dondorii is a bit too retarded for my tastes. But he used to be #3 so I guess he makes up for his lunacy with battle prowess. Seems Ichigo will have to go bankai (aka shikai for any other soul reaper) after all.
    He didn`t used to be #3, he used to be an espada that got demoted.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

They said when an Espada gets demoted they added two digits to their number. I would think they just tack 10 in front of whatever that espada's number was before he got demoted. Hence #103 would be former Espada #3.

The espada numbering system doesn't really make much sense to me though. Grimmjow was kicked out and a new #6 was brought in, yet Yami didn't stop being #10, meaning the Espada below Grimjow didn't get elevated a level by his demotion. If Luppi was not already #7 then he must have just be shoehorned into the #6 position. This is at odds with the theory that the Espadas numbers represent the relative strength of the 10 strongest Arrancar. The only viable explanation I can come up with is that Luppi was created after Grimmjow lost his arm and just happened to be stronger than everyone that Grimjow was stronger than, though not as strong as Grimmjow was.

This shit was filler right? I really hope it was. The number system is starting to be ridiculous with how much sence it makes... NOT...

I hope that Aizen-sama would just show mercy on Ichigo and he's group of losers by killing them off. Ichigo losing to that guy was just impossible and stupid beyond belief.

This must have been the worst Bleach episode ever, though I have not watched the filler arcs. Louzy humor, louzy soundtrack. Louzy animation, or better lack of animation. Some scenes were just stills that were shown for a few seconds with voice-overs, even when they were talking sometimes they didn't even make the mouths move. And louzy fights - I mean, Ichigo getting whooped like that? That guy just blocked his sword with his knee... I agree with Kraco, utter nonsense.

Don't forget Arrancar skin can block normal and shikai zanpakuto strikes. Also, Ichigo always looks like an idiot when he first starts fighting against a non-grunt opponent. Until he actually gets serious and starts trying to win instead of trying to fight he's probably going to keep getting slapped around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pessu
    This shit was filler right? I really hope it was. The number system is starting to be ridiculous with how much sence it makes... NOT...

I hope that Aizen-sama would just show mercy on Ichigo and he's group of losers by killing them off. Ichigo losing to that guy was just impossible and stupid beyond belief.
    It's not impossible at all, since Ichigo pretty much explained that he was refusing to use his transformational powers for reasons he explained.

Is it stupid for him to not use Bankai and Vizard to kill the guy in one shot? Yes. But he's doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    They said when an Espada gets demoted they added two digits to their number. I would think they just tack 10 in front of whatever that espada's number was before he got demoted. Hence #103 would be former Espada #3.
    Maybe he was number 10 and they just added a "3" to make him a 3-digit. But i wouldn't take the number system too seriously, because it doesn't seem to make much sense overall.

I hope celery tray kills nel.

maybe while ichigo is getting his ass handed to him he will get saved by nel by diving in front of a cero or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy
    Maybe he was number 10 and they just added a "3" to make him a 3-digit. But i wouldn't take the number system too seriously, because it doesn't seem to make much sense overall.
    Yukimura is right but the number system really just doesn't make any sense and it really isn't necessary. In fact it takes a lot away from the show because your enemies have numbers so automatically you know who the strongest is, its really ridiculous. Think about it how ridiculous would it have been if the SS captains had ranked themselves according to strength. I just don't like this ranking thing because its led me to believe that this person can't possibly beat this other person because he has a higher rank.

Not to mention that when the main characters fight or defeat an already numbered chraracter they have to make up some crap about privaron espada just to explain why the main characters are having difficulty defeating grunts who by all rights should be the equivalent of cockroaches.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Everyone should go read my arc comparison list from the 150. If the comparison holds as well as it has been so far then Dondorii should be comparable in arrancar strength to Ikkaku (non-Bankai Ikkakku from when Ichigo first fought him). The similarities are uncanny, Ikkakku acted like a goofball and made fun of Ichigo. Dondorii acts like a goofball and makes fun of Ichigo. Dondorii brings up Ichigo's lack of battle instincts, Ikakku brought up Ichigo's lack of battle instincts...since they're in the same situation as before, I would expect the same outcome. Ichigo will get knocked around, then he'll get serious and one shot Dondorii.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    It's not impossible at all, since Ichigo pretty much explained that he was refusing to use his transformational powers for reasons he explained.

Is it stupid for him to not use Bankai and Vizard to kill the guy in one shot? Yes. But he's doing it anyway.
    I wish this wasn't a filler and this approach of his would actually lead somewhere. As it is, Ichigo isn't quite as convincing as some other characters with his basic battle abilities. Or I should rather say not anymore. Indeed, he was very convincing right when he saved Rukia from the execution. But it seems that glorious moment has been more or less forgotten since then.

He isn't supposed to be very convincing because his basic battle abilities suck. I don't know about when he saved Rukia from the execution because that whole thing didn't make any sense to me whatsoever. The Sokyoku was supposed to be one of the most powerful weapons in SS and it was used to execute caption level prisoners yet Ichigo stopped it with his zanpakuto without even using bankai, made no sense to me.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Well, I was mainly referring to how he easily defeated the lieutenants afterwards even without his zanpaktou and then proceeded to fight Byakuya pretty equally, right away and not only after getting his ass kicked first.

Other than that, I don't personally know why the Soukyoku should have been any different. It was made to destroy the soul of the execution target, not penetrate 50 cm of composite armor; some other property than the ability to break through a zanpaktou might be the detail making it special. But that's not the topic of this thread, I suppose...