Thread: Bleach 155

Bleach 155

It's the 155th, released by "Wakatta-bayo!"

Edit: Cool Ep. It was nice to see more of Rukia. It seems that I was right, he's not the real Kaien-dono. Just the body was taken, not the soul.
    BTW, his release reminded me of FMA.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Wed, 01-09-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Pretty decent episode, I'm enjoying it much more than Ichigo's fight earlier. Crazy look for an espada.

Sig made by Lucifus

Hmm, I guess it really is Kaien after all. At least, moreso than I thought it was originally. Since I thought it was just reading her mind.

The sword fighting was pretty good in the episode too.

And its always nice to see Kido we haven't seen before as well.

The sword fighting was indeed decent.

But I can't see this continuing for much longer. As long as Rukia's enemy was using Kaien's shape it's understandable she couldn't trap him inside the ice with her shikai, but that hulking thing..? That mass of flesh doesn't look like it can move at all, much less evade anything. So, it should be short work for Rukia to trap it wholly or partially and shatter it.

Continuing our discussion from 154

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Gillians seem to be nothing but hulking mindless things. So, perhaps it's a question of the integrity and dominance of the mind. If no single hollow in the congregation overpowers the others, the result is a stupid giant of rather limited abilities. However, since Adjuchas and Vasto Lords seem far more composed and intelligent, it's likely one mind conquered the others and took perfect control over the body, thus also being able to utilize perfectly the raw potential formed by such union.
    How do we reconcile what we supposedly know about menos now with the knowledge that Number 9 is supposedly an Gillian. As he neither A. Looks like the other Gillians, or B. Is mindless.

Is it because he has 2 dominant minds instead of a single one that he's still not considered an Adjuchas?

He did say he was a Gillian but he'd earned a rank among the Espada by having the ability to absorb the powers of other hollows and presumably absorbed more power than a Gillian would normally have, plus he's an Arrancar, and we don't know for sure what happens when one of those mindless monsters has its mask removed. His dual (or perhaps even more) personalities are strong evidence that while he's gained lots of power through absorption and Arrancaration, he's still a collective entity made up of multiple wills, and thus at Gillian level.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Thu, 01-10-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    The sword fighting was indeed decent.

But I can't see this continuing for much longer. As long as Rukia's enemy was using Kaien's shape it's understandable she couldn't trap him inside the ice with her shikai, but that hulking thing..? That mass of flesh doesn't look like it can move at all, much less evade anything. So, it should be short work for Rukia to trap it wholly or partially and shatter it.
    Yeah, I thougth the exact same thing. Swordplay was rather dumb though - close ups of swords clashing. And again - and AGAIN, it became a bit boring after a w hile. Also why she didn't just blow his head of is a mystery to me. That bullshit about 'being sure he wasn't Kaien" is weak.

She needed to know it wasn't Kaien. If she had killed him not knowing for sure then she would always wonder if she really did kill a non-possesed (pehaps just slightly insane) Kaien.

Stuff like her trying to convince her self it wasn't him was a clear lead to this conclusion. Just because you, while having a 3rd person view, and not being her, would have done otherwise doesn't mean her character would.

Quote Originally Posted by Janusz
    Swordplay was rather dumb though - close ups of swords clashing. And again - and AGAIN, it became a bit boring after a w hile
    That's what swordplay is.

Actually, this clash between Arroniero and Rukia is pretty good, and well done. Sure, it's not as exciting as Ichigo vs Zaraki or Ichigo vs Byakuya--but you have to remember that those two fights had a lot of build-up put into them to make them exhilaratingly exciting. The episode in general was quite pleasing, compared to some of the drivel we've been given recently.

I know they don't want to catch up to the manga, but they need to find better ways to draw out fights than the way they do--I don't want to see it become Naruto Shippuuden (though I kind of already feel that way). Also, the new ending was good. I can't wait to see this godawful opening vanish though :x
    "There are certain things in this world that you're happier not knowing.
    Even lies and deceptions can become the truth for some people of the earth.
    ... Particularly those not knowing the true nature of things, or how these systems of things works." - Bishop Stone "Xenogears"

Draw out the fights? All of this was in the manga, except maybe one or two very short scenes.