Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kaizoku vs. Vegapunk - Best Fansub

It's been a while since I downloaded anything from One Piece.

What fansub groups are you guys archiving, which ones you recommend?

Seems like the route to go is Kaizoku-Fansubs and then Vegapunk, but after that which ones do you guys like best?

I keep downloading Yibis to replace the HS I initially watch.

OK, so if I get all of Kaizoku-Fansubs, then get Vegapunk, I can jump right into Yibis for the rest?

Or is there a gap there that needs to be filled with another?

Let me put it this way, I never even finished watching all the episodes K-F managed to translate, so I'm way behind on the anime-watching front of One Piece.

It's been so long, I had to check my archives for this one, but it looks like you'll have a gap.

Episode 1-308 will be Kaizoku-Fansubs, Episode 309-368 Vegapunk, Episode 369-394 Nakama-Fansubs, and then finally to yibis with episode 395 onwards.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick-DBZ- View Post
    It's been so long, I had to check my archives for this one, but it looks like you'll have a gap.

Episode 1-308 will be Kaizoku-Fansubs, Episode 309-368 Vegapunk, Episode 369-394 Nakama-Fansubs, and then finally to yibis with episode 395 onwards.
    Oh, how did you manage up to 368 Vegapunk? I can only find up to 342. I know they released the scripts up to 377 though last I checked (I haven't downloaded those), but I haven't seen any release beyond 342.

So for between 343-363 I have a combination of AnimeSS and INP, but if I can get my hands on Vegapunk for those, that'd be great.

My archive seems to be a total mess between Kaizoku/Vegapunk and Yibis. So for 340-381 I have Nakama, INP, AnimeSS, and something called VS there, all mixed up. Possibly each ep from whoever released it first. My Yibis starts from 382. Nobody building their archive now much later wouldn't create such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    My archive seems to be a total mess between Kaizoku/Vegapunk and Yibis. So for 340-381 I have Nakama, INP, AnimeSS, and something called VS there, all mixed up. Possibly each ep from whoever released it first. My Yibis starts from 382. Nobody building their archive now much later wouldn't create such a mess.
    Seems like after Vegapunk came a Vanillapunk, which in many ways is essentially Vegapunk (some of its members maybe, or just people who used the scripts Vegapunk released, etc.) so I'm getting those right now.

So in essence I'll have:

001-308 - Kaizoku-Fansubs
    309-342 - Vegapunk
    343-368 - Vanillapunk [They did until 377, but haven't found them yet above 368]
    369-400 - Nakama-Fansubs [More if I can find them, since they did up to 417 by the looks of it, and some more here and there after]
    401-??? - Yibis [Unless someone recommends a better one]

These seems like the best route to go from all I've read around.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Oh, how did you manage up to 368 Vegapunk? I can only find up to 342. I know they released the scripts up to 377 though last I checked (I haven't downloaded those), but I haven't seen any release beyond 342.

So for between 343-363 I have a combination of AnimeSS and INP, but if I can get my hands on Vegapunk for those, that'd be great.
    I really have no clue, I just grabbed them as they became available on usenet many years back.

It could be Vanillapunk is just Vegapunk with their scripts, and I simply grabbed renamed files without really giving it a second thought????
    _

I really have no clue, I just grabbed them as they became available on usenet many years back.

It could be Vanillapunk is just Vegapunk with their scripts, and I simply grabbed renamed files without really giving it a second thought????
    Nice, was having trouble finding some NZB's for them, but I think I found a search engine that went back 4 years. But i can only download limited nzbs from there, so have to find another. So for now, it seems like my provider retains content from 4 years ago or so, but trouble is finding an indexer that goes that back.

Edit:

Found another NZB search engine, and I managed to grab the Vanillapunk ones up to 368.
    http://www.nzbclub.com/search.aspx?q=vanillapunk&ns=0

Edit 2:

Found a bot on #yibis @ irc.rizon.net on IRC and it has all of Vanillapunk's episodes up 377:
    http://xdcc.yibis.com/list.txt

Only thing I'm missing now are 401-417 of Nakama-Fansubs and I'll be set, and those I'm not finding anywhere at the moment (ex. torrents with no seeds, no nzbs, no IRC bots so far, etc.).
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 08-22-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Nice work, I might have to replace some episodes.

The only thing I don't get, why not just get the yibis episodes for 401-417?
    _

Nice work, I might have to replace some episodes.

The only thing I don't get, why not just get the yibis episodes for 401-417?
    Well if Nakama-Fansubs are considered superior, that's the version I want. If I can't find them, then sure I'll go with Yibis.

It's been so long, I no longer remember who was the superior group at the time.

Doing some quick CRC searches on nzbclub, I found some of the Nakama-Fansubs you are looking for. I hadn't realized they went as far back as episode 364, but I'm assuming you already found those.
    _

It's been so long, I no longer remember who was the superior group at the time.

Doing some quick CRC searches on nzbclub, I found some of the Nakama-Fansubs you are looking for. I hadn't realized they went as far back as episode 364, but I'm assuming you already found those.
    Yep, I think they're 414-417.

Right now only missing 404-413.