Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Introduce Yourself!

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Believe it!
    O_o.... I just may shoot you, Terra. XD

Anyways, the name's Raul. I'm from Romania, you can basically check out all my info. in my profile. I moved here when I was only two, and have come to adapt better to the English language, rather than the language I was born with. I can still communicate in Romanian, but putting me in a debate against someone would kill me. XD

Well, I love Anime (imagine that). I have enjoyed watching Anime on T.V., even before I knew what I was watching was actually Anime, LoL!! Games is another one of my hobbies. I enjoy reading suspense/mystery/thriller novels every now and then. One thing you need to know is that music is 1/3 of my life, plain and simple. If you're still not clear on this, let me lay it down for you, I would commit suicide if I couldn't have music in my life, or if it just suddenly disappeared from existence, simple, no? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Favorite Band: Psh, I'd be stealing bandwidth if I had to name them all. I more preferably go by specific songs from certain bands. What can I say? Some are just more awesome/moving than the others. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    Favorite Food: Chinese
    Favorite Drink: Snapple
    Favorite Sport: Basketball
    Favorite Anime: Rurouni Kenshin OVA (Samurai X)
    Favorite Gaming Series: 3 way tie between Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, and Metal Gear Solid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    Favorite Type of Music: Rock, RnB, Hip Hip, and Pop

Wow, I don't usually talk about myself this much. XD

Introduce Yourself!

RL name: Coy
    Board Name: Imitation Sanen
    Occupation: Master At Arms United States Navy, College Student, IT consultant ( Yeah believe it or not I still get at least 2 hours sleep)
    Currently in Florida, United States
    Age 20
    Been dating current girlfriend 3 months

Music: 3 doors down, Avenged sevenfold, Shinedown, Boston, Disturbed

TV: Smallville, Dukes of Hazzard, ERing, West Wing (till the new ones, these election ones are boring. altho Alan Alda is the win, but like NBC will make a show with a republican main character), Boston Legal (Its the Shat! You cant deny Captain Kirk) , M.A.S.H., J.AG. (Im a bit biased since its based on where I work. Catherine Bell.. she can fraternize my ass anytime) , US military news (Since most of what you see in the civilian news world about Iraq is really not accurate).

Games: Super Nintendo in general was amazing. Final Fantasies, RPGs in general. Counter-strike is pretty fun to. 5 Year EQ Veteran (65 paladin Retired) Currently playing World of Warcraft.

Food: fried icecream

Goals: Either finish up my law degree or accept the Navy's offer to send me to Nuke School. Finish up my big block duster. Spend more time with my Parents and be a better role model for my little sister.

Hobbies: Trying to better my relationship with my lord and saviour Jesus would be the priority. Really into cars, mostly american. Currently in possesion of a 1995 grand prix as a daily driver. Have a 74 Duster and 74 Charger in the process of restoration. (Duster is virtually rust free 6 cylinder car, that will soon be housing a 440 big block >_< Charger is sadly a parts car. I am a huge history and anime buff (especially military history, who would have guessed?). Recent favorites have been Bleach, Naruto, Full Metal Panic, One Piece, Cowboy Bepop, Ruroni kenshin.

Introduce Yourself!

Wellcome to the forums biatch!Lol, Jk seriously though, welcome[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the forums.

Originally posted by: ImitationSanen
    I believe thats just called: "cream" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Introduce Yourself!

Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
    Welcome to the forums.

Originally posted by: ImitationSanen
    I believe thats just called: "cream" [img][/img]
    No, "cream" is something entirely different.

Entirely different...

Mwah hah.

Introduce Yourself!

^Or, is it? dun, dun, DUN
    Fine, we'll call it, "lactose based cream" now, jerk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

@ImitationSanen: If you've actually manage to be able to fry some to a nice golden tan without having any of it melt, you are my official hero and I'll reward you with my friend's soul (yes, It is rightfully mine).

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Introduce Yourself!

you know, ive been here for almost a year and i dont think i ever introduced myself, and if i had, i dont remember it, so here goes:

username comes from watching old Force Five tapes from the 70's which included Grendizer, Starblazers, Getter Robo, and a couple others i cant remember, but yeah, the name of the pilot of Grendizer was Ares Astronopolis, and i though that that was just about the most outrageously greek name i have ever heard, and adopted it as my own for internet uses(i am greek BTW).

favorite food: Steak and Potatoes

Blood type: B+

Birthday: Feb 7th 1982

Chinese Zodiac: DOG Baby! this is my year!

uh...

what else...

oh yeah, anime preferences. Im a big fan of mecha, but not so much of gundam SEED unfortunately. even though wing gundam was my introduction into the gundam series, it was good for the place i was at at the time, meaning an immature kid being introduced to japanese mecha shows pretty much for the first time, since then ive gotten into the "roots" of the genre by watching super robot shows like Getter Robo and Mazinger, and pretty much moving along chronologically backwards, im into Gigantor (a.k.a. Tetsujin 28) right now, and you might ask why id be able to watch such a poorly animated show, i find it charming and interesting to see the beginning of the implementation of animation techniques currently used today, albeit tweaked a tad. but yeah, back on track, i really like to watch the "greats" of the 70s and 80s where i think anime truly hit its stride with great storytelling and intuitive mechanical design, some examples: MSG, Ideon, L-Gaim, uh, cant think right now

but yeah, im not against modern anime and im not an "elitist" by any means, i just find it interesting to look back and see where it all started and be able to look ahead and await what great things that are and will be done with anime *cough* Eureka seveN *cough*

oh yeah, im not an exclusively mecha anime fan, i like all types, but i find mecha anime to be most closely related to the hopes and aspirations of modern society throughout the years, on a purely cultural level

what the fuck that was really long winded, i sound like a professor or something, so here i will counter all the big words i wrote by saying this: GUNDUM SEED IS ARE TEH BEST ATHUNRUULZ ROXXOR L337 KEWL XDXDXDXD

Edit: and fried ice cream is pretty fucking good

Introduce Yourself!

Fried Icecream is actually a mexican dish that features a ball of vanilla (or Vanilla cinnamon) icecream coated in cornflake,oat crust, coated in cinnamon sugar and then drizzled with honey. Its then placed on a deepfried flour tortilla coated in cinnamon sugar and then has a little whipped cream on top. Its really yummy. You should try it at your local mexican restaurant. Altho its hit or miss, some places have it just right to my taste and others use weird things like Neopolitan icecream in it.

Thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be a part of Gotwoot !

Introduce Yourself!

Originally posted by: Astronopolis
    I'm Chinese and just so you know superstitiously one is UNlucky when it is their year, not lucky.

Introduce Yourself!

@SamuraiX-:

holy shit. i dont think i have seen anyody say they were romanian. im actually romanian as well i was born in bistrita. i know random comment. and ironically we both have kenshin as our avtars. crazy

Edit: sorry for the double post

Fixed.

GotWoot Moderator

Introduce Yourself!

Originally posted by: xDarkMaster
    I'm Chinese and just so you know superstitiously one is UNlucky when it is their year, not lucky.
    lol oh crap. what is there in chinese culture to do when it is your year to ward off bad luck?

Introduce Yourself!

lol oh crap. what is there in chinese culture to do when it is your year to ward off bad luck?
    Too many to list. Most of them silly anyway......
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Introduce Yourself!

Most of them really silly. The one I think is funniest is to wear red boxers or belts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

That place over there........ahh never mind

Introduce Yourself!

The name's Knives, and I'm pretty much the coolest person at this forums.

BELIEEVE IT!!!!!!

R.I.P Captain America.

l00p_h0le

Introduce Yourself!

Name: Kristopher Marland
    Alias: l00p_h0le
    Local: Boston, Massachusetts (Smalltown nearby)

I've been a gotwoot fan for a while now.. since back when I had a interest in Naruto and TW was still subbing. I am new to the forums though, so I'll try to make an effort to be pretty active. I'm a fan of Mech type animes, Bakuretsu Tenshi, Full Metal Panic, Gundam Wing (was my entry into anime), Gunsword X & now Eureka seveN.. I do like other animes as well, followed these series until the end.. Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gunslinger Girl, Great Teacher Onizuka, Tenjou Tenge, Tokyo Underground, Tsubasa Chronicles Season1.. Also watch Bleach. I'm sure theres quite a few I'm missing, but thats the gist of it.. I have a pretty broad like for anime.

Well thats it I guess.
    Hello to all.

Introduce Yourself!

Originally posted by: l00p_h0le
    I have a pretty broad like for anime. As long as it's mecha anime.
    Fixed.

Introduce Yourself!

Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
    @ImitationSanen: If you've actually manage to be able to fry some to a nice golden tan without having any of it melt, you are my official hero and I'll reward you with my friend's soul (yes, It is rightfully mine).
    i actually first encountered fried ice cream at a vietnamese restaurant. had no idea it had a mexican origin. the trick is that the ice cream has to be a frozen block (as opposed to its usual gooey-ness), dipped in a light batter, and then flash fried. so damn good..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Introduce Yourself!

Yeah I remember fried ice cream being a fad a couple of years ago. I didn't actually try it, but it was shown on tv and in several magazines.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Introduce Yourself!

I've always loved fried ice cream, but that may be because I'm from Miami. I've eaten a lot of hispanic foods. I still remember the first time I ate stir-fried octopus.

I've been off the forum for a over a month now. For anyone who doesn't remember me, I'm Samson: just another sarcastic sob here at gotwoot.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Introduce Yourself!

Originally posted by: samsonlonghair
    I've eaten a lot of hispanic foods. I still remember the first time I ate stir-fried octopus.
    This doesn't actually tell if you remember it because it was so good or so horrible...