Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair Price of a Persian Rug

Imperialist Japan was horrible back in the day. It's a wonderful thing they lost the war.

Crap, how did we get from the price of Persia rugs to how evil Imperialist Japan was in the 1940s? This calls for some serious moderation!

Anyway, I've been too busy to visit and haggle with the rug store. I'll probably wait until right before I fly home for vacation, so I can bring it as a gift. Would someone appreciate a gift of a rug that they can't even walk on? What do you do with a fine rug anyway? Hang it on the wall?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Crap, how did we get from the price of Persia rugs to how evil Imperialist Japan was in the 1940s? This calls for some serious moderation!
    My thoughts exactly and people call it "specific post"

What do you do with a fine rug anyway? Hang it on the wall?
    You only put rug on the floor if it's $20 or less. Otherwise it goes on wall.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

It's kind of a waste on the wall, because silk rugs feel so luxurious and rich, you want to run your hand over it all day. I've seen people use it as a desk top, but then you might end up with two arm sweat stains and maybe some coffee stain rings.

I wish I was rich enough where it didn't matter to me that I put a $1000 silk rug on the floor to wipe my dirty shoes with.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I wish I was rich enough where it didn't matter to me that I put a $1000 silk rug on the floor to wipe my dirty shoes with.
    If you have shoes on, does it really matter what you wiped them with? I mean, it's not like you would feel anything through shoes.

I think such a rug would be very nice to lie down on occasionally, or recline if you put it on the back of a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    If you have shoes on, does it really matter what you wiped them with? I mean, it's not like you would feel anything through shoes.

I think such a rug would be very nice to lie down on occasionally, or recline if you put it on the back of a chair.
    Just knowing it's an expensive silk rug that I'm cleaning my shoes with is enough

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    its like wiping your ass with money isn't it?

<--- lol'd hard @

No, because money is rough on the skin, leading to hemorrhoids if you wipe your hole with it I'd figure. It should be more like wiping your butt with silk.

I wouldn't want to wipe my ass with silk. It's not absorbent and abrasive enough. It'll just smear the crap all over.

Not if you use one of those Japanese washlet toilets first. They cleanse your bunghole so it cuts down on toilet paper waste, which would really save on the cost of silk toilet paper, though in this scenario you are rich and don't care about that.

Rich people are the biggest penny pinchers.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Rich people are the biggest penny pinchers.
    Well, they don't get there by being big spenders. Silk would be so smooth, I wounldn't be able to tell if it's silk or shit that's rubbing against my ass. But I really agree, it feels sad having a rug on a wall only for looks.