Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Japanese ISPs to ban file sharers?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    How's that? The overwhelming majority of anime airs late night, on cable channels (often premium ones at that), subject to Japanese laws and copyrights.

Broadcast anime is mainly Doremon, Crayon Shin-chan, and a few sparse others.
    So I was wrong in thinking anime aired on satellite?

Shame on me.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Where abouts it that? So, like downloading CDs and stuff rather than buying it is perfectly legal?
    I'll guarantee you it's not legal in any of the civilized countries. Darkshadow must be in China.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I'll guarantee you it's not legal in any of the civilized countries. Darkshadow must be in China.
    Stupid ignorant fucks like you can just lick my balls, like i said its perfectly legal to download or make a copy of a movie or music for PERSONAL USE here, you arent allowed to share said copy or downloaded file.:

"De auteurswet staat iedereen toe om "enige exemplaren voor eigen oefening, studie of gebruik" te maken van een tekst, film of muziek. Dit heet een thuiskopie"

trans:
    "The copyright law allows everyone "some copies for their own exercise, study or use" of a text, film or music. This is called a thuiskopie(homecopy)."

if you want to enlighten yourself from your ignorant views have a read here ( translated by google translate):
    http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Stupid ignorant fucks like you can just lick my balls, like i said its perfectly legal to download or make a copy of a movie or music for PERSONAL USE here, you arent allowed to share said copy or downloaded file.:

"De auteurswet staat iedereen toe om "enige exemplaren voor eigen oefening, studie of gebruik" te maken van een tekst, film of muziek. Dit heet een thuiskopie"

trans:
    "The copyright law allows everyone "some copies for their own exercise, study or use" of a text, film or music. This is called a thuiskopie(homecopy)."

if you want to enlighten yourself from your ignorant views have a read here ( translated by google translate):
    http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
    Calm down Beavis. I didn't know Germany was a backwards country where intellectual property rights have no meaning. Unless your country is as ass-backwards as you claim, I think you're misinterpreting the law. Like I said, in all the civilized countries, it's not legal to download stuff for personal use or otherwise. We have a term for acquiring stuff for your personal use, it's call "buying a copy".

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    copies =/= downloads...

it just means that you can copy a music CD/video/programm when your FRIEND (inner circle of friends) gives it to you AND if you don't have to crack it while burning the game or whatever it is, on a DVD or CD..

you have to OWN it (or at least your friend has to own the original)

in germany for example downloading was "ok" (greyzone) until 1.1.2008..now its forbidden to download music for free (unless the copyright-owner allows it)
    uploading was never allowed.

but thats the case nearly all over europe actually..

btw animeniax dutch= the Netherlands, not Germany..
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 03-23-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    copies =/= downloads...

it just means that you can copy a music CD/video/programm when your FRIEND (inner circle of friends) gives it to you AND if you don't have to crack it while burning the game or whatever it is, on a DVD or CD..

in germany for example downloading was "ok" (greyzone) until 1.1.2008..now its forbidden to download music for free (unless the copyright-owner allows it)
    uploading was never allowed.
    I'd be surprised if the rule was not more restrictive, meaning that you are allowed to make copies of your own stuff for backups and use at home or the office. Allowing people to share amongst their friends is as bad as letting them decide what constitutes their "inner circle of friends." You're going to get the broadest interpretation possible, which means sharing with the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    btw animeniax dutch= the Netherlands, not Germany..
    It's all the same gibberish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I'd be surprised if the rule was not more restrictive, meaning that you are allowed to make copies of your own stuff for backups and use at home or the office. Allowing people to share amongst their friends is as bad as letting them decide what constitutes their "inner circle of friends." You're going to get the broadest interpretation possible, which means sharing with the entire world.
    you can say that "the whole world is your friend" but if you stand before judgment, they will laugh and make you pay some thousand €.

btw this just goes for music, for example a music CD for you friend since its his birthday and so on.... games normaly do have a copy protection for example.. and if you have to crack it, then its illegal.

as long as you own the original music/movie, its not a problem because its the same as when they come to your house and watch the movie there.. and thats NOT illegal because of the so called perform-right ( i don't know if this word actually exist, in germany its "Vorführrecht" or something like that)

and i say it again, as soon as you have to crack a protection, it becomes illegal.. so making copies of games is illegal because 99.9% have a copy protection

but i want to know what happens to Anime-now....will they find a way to send the raws to us ?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 03-23-2008 at 09:45 AM.

KrayZ, where did i ever say games or cracking protections? HUH?

And do you honestly believe i would state something if i didnt know how the fking laws in my country were? ( this is about copies =/= downloads)

"In Nederland geldt dat downloaden legaal is als het gaat om een thuiskopie. Zo is het altijd toegestaan om muziek en films te downloaden, ook als de bron onrechtmatig is. Voor software geldt dit niet. Wie een programma gekocht heeft, mag er een reservekopie van maken, maar software downloaden is echt wat anders dan een reservekopie maken."

google trans:

"In the Netherlands that downloading is legal when it comes to a thuiskopie(homecopy). It is always allowed to download music and movies, even if the source is unlawful. For software, this is not. Anyone who has bought a programme, there may be some back up, but software is really something different than a backup."

again, i said TEXT, MOVIES and MUSIC, i never mentioned software or cracking protection.

To summarise:
    Downloading or making a copy for personal use regarding TEXT, VIDEO and MUSIC is perfectly legal
    Sharing said copies is NOT
    Download or making copies for personal use regarding SOFTWARE is Illegal unless you own the original.
    Sharing said copies is NEVER legal, even if you own the original.
    -----------------

ok then

Downloading any video of music for personal use is entirely legal here, please dont generalize.
    the one who shouldn't generalize is you then... because thats probably only the case in netherlands (and very(!) few other countries)

i just read that kazaa is legal in netherland too. (even before the filter etc.)

nice country... i want to do it legal too 8[

And do you honestly believe i would state something if i didnt know how the fking laws in my country were? ( this is about copies =/= downloads)

google trans:

"In the Netherlands that downloading is legal when it comes to a thuiskopie(homecopy). It is always allowed to download music and movies, even if the source is unlawful. For software, this is not. Anyone who has bought a programme, there may be some back up, but software is really something different than a backup."
    I wouldn't be surprised if you were mistaken about the laws in your own country. I can't see any of the country's trading partners being ok with them allowing copyright infringement and piracy. Like I said, there is a legal way to get a copy of a song or movie. You go buy it. I guess I won't feel so bad downloading stuff made by the Dutch. What am I saying? That country doesn't produce anything worth downloading.

Well, that's enough going off-topic about what a cesspool the Netherlands is. This thread is about Japan blocking our access to stuff we care about.

i just read that blank disk costs more money there to compensate the losses, is that true? how much do they cost there?

do you have to pay taxes for the CD-burner too?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 03-23-2008 at 11:22 AM.

@Animdipshit
    aww look at you ranting on my awesome country cause we are more liberal then others ;'(

edit:

yes thats true krayz, awesome agreement eh? ill look up the fees in a second.

edit2:

For which media there is a fee
    By November 5, 2007, the following rates:

Blanco analog video tape: € 0.33 per hour
    Blanco audioband analog (tape): € 0.23 per hour
    Blanco digital MiniDisc: € 0.32 per hour
    Blanco digital audio CD-R/RW: € 0.42 per hour
    Blanco digital data CD-R/RW: € 0.14 per disc
    Blanco DVD-R/RW: € 0.60 per 4.7 gigabytes
    Blank DVD + R / RW: € 0.40 per 4.7 gigabytes
    Blank DVD-RAM: is exempt

practically nothing...

and no, no fees on burners.
    Last edited by darkshadow; Sun, 03-23-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    -----------------

lol.... I like how Animeniax knows more about the laws of one's country than the individual who lives there... It must be hard to possess all of that knowledge. BTW what industry did Animeniax say he was in? Oh nvm just had to check one of his 1000 some odd posts, all of which seem to include the fact that he is in the IT industry.

I think its pretty well known that the Dutch are pretty laid back to criminalizing and legally processing minimalistic incidents such as these...

You'd be surprised how ignorant people are about the laws in their own country (well I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking about ignorance and IHFTT). I also wouldn't discount the fact that someone like darkshadow has the most liberal interpretation of his country's laws, which may or may not be the actual letter or spirit of the law.

What does my career field have to do with this? And what's with your last sentence? Did you have a school assignment to use the following big words in a sentence?

Ani, please just shut up. I am far more interested in how people are going to maneuver around this little hindrance, than watching you tell people you think you know more about their country than they do or that you think they are incapable of understanding anything. Secondly why is it that every time something happens you go on and on about Japan being the greatest country in the world and how the Japanese people are god's gift to mankind yet you're not even Japanese. Just get back to the damn topic.
    Last edited by Abdula; Sun, 03-23-2008 at 12:03 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

this has gone past ignorance and plain retardism, what I have been explaining and linking is not MY fucking interpration, its the damn law now just stfu and go back to talking about how awesome you think japan is.
    -----------------

@Abdula: you know that's not going to happen, so why waste your time typing that up? But please try to stay on topic, this isn't the flame pit.

@darkstain: I couldn't understand the translation of the site you posted, it was some really good english. I can see why you'd be a little confused about the laws too.

Dang, plain trash talking and fighting is uncalled for, at least move your hand a click down a little to navigate yourself to the flamepit dude.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

WOW, if you couldnt understand that, they MUST only hire retards in the IT SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Animshit, you really crack me up dawg
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Ani, please just shut up. I am far more interested in how people are going to maneuver around this little hindrance, than watching you tell people you think you know more about their country than they do or that you think they are incapable of understanding anything. Secondly why is it that every time something happens you go on and on about Japan being the greatest country in the world and how the Japanese people are god's gift to mankind yet you're not even Japanese. Just get back to the damn topic.
    If you were really interested in that you would have asked darkshadow to shut the f*ck up a few posts back, when he went off-topic talking about the Netherlands. What does that useless country have to do with Japan banning filesharing?
    That's weird, I didn't see that part. I did see this on that website however:
    Quote Originally Posted by goofy dutch website
    You could almost forget that consumers according to the Copyright Act for their own exercise, study or use a copy may create a copyrighted work. You can register a copy of this beautiful CD of the neighbours, for example.
    Yeah, that explains it clearly.