Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blade of the Immortal

I hope gg picks this one up. They're great speed subbers...maybe shinsen, I like their quality, but they dont seem to be subbing as much lately.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    [KSN-AEN]Blade of the Immortal - 03 SD[244ABCE6].avi

No HD release this time, says KSN, because there's no HD raw.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

This one sounds interesting. Plus I heard lots of violence, that's always a plus. I haven't had the chance to watch too many samurai type shows, so.. this'll be a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitne
    This one sounds interesting. Plus I heard lots of violence, that's always a plus.
    Didn't expect that from you Jaitne.

Good deal of action in this episodes, and I have to say that guy gave me the holy shit moment when he showed his shoulders. When I learned they were simply sewn onto this shoulder rather than graphed to his body, it was somewhat less amazing, but just as freaky. Looking forward to some good action next time, with an opponent dubbed the genius.

I've publicly announced that I've watch Elfen Lied (Animeniax thread) and that I play God of War (What made you smile today). I thought my.. like of playing/watching things like that, >.> save for some things, was kinda obvious.

Though, I keep hearing that all the quality is bad. I think I'll watch it anyway and post my fun thoughts on stuff

Ok... So it's been 3 episodes... This show hasn't really absorbed me yet... Perhaps a couple more episodes... Or I might have to read the manga...

I don't know.... something about it just makes this show feel boring.

I finished the first episode today. It seems kind of odd, there were only a few parts of real action, and they were all short. Though it already laid down a nice background story for it all, so everything makes sense, even if it's all kinda odd.

The anime is really dissapointing atm, haven't read the manga yet. I suppose the manga is better, because the anime really sucks so far :P

It's quite an excellent manga. This anime still hasn't convinced me, though. Like I said before, I think the main character's VA was miscast, and somehow the atmosphere worked better in manga all in all. Plus the video quality seems consistently dodgy to me even if it's actually the style, I don't know. And I'm not even any manga is always better lol fanboy.

Mugen no Juunin Original Soundtrack

Hmmm..... So are the episodes coming out slowly, or are the subbers just not caring about this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    Hmmm..... So are the episodes coming out slowly, or are the subbers just not caring about this show?
    Not that it's the most reliable source, but according to wikipedia the episodes are coming out really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    Not that it's the most reliable source, but according to wikipedia the episodes are coming out really slow.
    This show's airing on a fortnightly basis. Episode 5 aired on September 7th.

I don't know what to think about this show. It's interesting, somewhat, but hardly gripping.

Just a swordsman:

Episode 5 - KSN

Nice cliffhanger they ended on this time. They had the poison theme going since the beginning that it didn't come out of nowhere, but still surprised me. Makes sense, if you kill the bugs, you kill Manji.

It was a pretty well executed episode as well. Not only did it have two separate poisoning incidents but the new enemy for Manji is a pretty cold bastard: "Nobody is immortal. You'll find that out tonight."

Man, the cases where I'm reading the manga and watching the anime are somewhat rare but even these rare cases prove me it's exceedingly hard to comment the anime when you know what's going to happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    It was a pretty well executed episode as well. Not only did it have two separate poisoning incidents but the new enemy for Manji is a pretty cold bastard: "Nobody is immortal. You'll find that out tonight."

Man, the cases where I'm reading the manga and watching the anime are somewhat rare but even these rare cases prove me it's exceedingly hard to comment the anime when you know what's going to happen next.
    I haven't started the series yet, but how is the adaptation going? Is it loyal? Or are they going their own way about it?

Don't really care at the moment about the VAs, level of animation, music... just on the plot related aspects.