Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blade of the Immortal

So far it has been quite faithful to the manga as far as I can remember the stuff from the beginning. I can't really recall right away anything that different.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    EPISODE 08v2 XVID[SD]: torrent
    EPISODE 08 h246[HQ]: torrent
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 12-11-2008 at 08:35 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Am I the only one who's finding this show a bit...disengaging? Fortnightly (supposedly) release aside, it's not really hooking me in.

I was starting to feel that way as well and considered just giving up until the most recent ep. However, the strange assassin girl managed to capture my interest as I wondered what her deal was. Since it seems like the next episode or two will also feature her I'm curious to see how things turn out, but as a whole I've been pretty underwhelmed by this series as well.

The manga is awesome. I am not easily hooked in by a manga but this one had its claws well into me.

Haven't watched the anime series since the 3rd episode, the releases are slow, but it has been good from what i have seen so far. It would be a shame to drop it. Maybe you should take a break and come back to it sometime later. It works for me since i mostly like to watch a lot of episodes all at once.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Same thing goes for .hack//sign, try to watch episodes at release date(1 per week) and you will drop this show, watch them at once - and you will love it.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Honest people are idiots:

Episode 11 - KSN

Episode 9 for the lazy. - we somehow missed posting that.

The recent episodes have been pretty good. I'd hesitate to say "tighter storyline", since pacing hasn't really changed that much. Perhaps just better/more fights, or villians with interesting backstories? I don't know, but it has definitely been quite enjoyable since ~Ep 9~ 11. I might just stick around this thread a little longer.

And if anything's apparent, it's that Manji's swordsmanship really isn't that sharp, despite going through so many battles. He keeps a few surprises up his sleeve, but is otherwise fairly mediocre.

Yeah, he indeed gives such an impression. He's relying on his immortality a lot when fighting against tougher opponents. Kind of a bad habit but somewhat believable.

I don't have any grave complaints about this series. I have even got used to Manji's VA by now. The episodes have also flowed pretty fluently after the beginning.

That's it? That's the final episode? When the wind starts blowing, determination starts rising, and shit starts happening, they go "Thanks for watching"?

That sucks.

Episode 13 actually aired Dec 28th 2008, and since them I've heard no news of a sequel being planned or anything, suggesting that this was just some candy material to introduce the manga to anime fans, as well as the manga fans who want some motion picture.

These last few eps feel pretty decent, and so I was hoping this was going to be one of those series that start off slow with heaps of background and foundation laying before moving in for the bigger picture.

It's semi-complete in a sense I guess. Rin got revenge on the people who directly assaulted her parents, which was really all that mattered. The main guy too, for bringing them there.

More specifically on the episode, Manji's moves were pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's just Rin symbolically imagining Manji as the enemy to make her training more real, but it makes sense that Manji should be able to learn some really sweet techniques from all his past enemies. "What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger" as they put it, and since Manji just can't be killed (conventionally), he could potentially force the best moves out of his opponents and absorb it all. Why he hasn't used any of that till now is still rather confusing. Perhaps it's because he's never been in a life or death situation these last decades?

I'm sort of tempted to read the manga, since Ittouryou's finally found a rivaling school and a backstabber. I'll give this a decent rating. It's got good parts, but lately BeeTrain hasn't really been putting out anything of quality. A second season isn't unwelcome.

Looks like we're potentially getting another anime:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-manga/.146511

It announces a sequel manga, and some anime project.

Seeing this I recalled that I didn't finish the manga (doing so now) and didn't watch the anime. Just watched the first episode, and recalled why I didn't. As I thought back then, Bee Train was a poor choice to handle this, the atmosphere is all wrong, and as others mentioned in the thread, the VA was a complete miscast.

In any case, a new series is more than welcome, and with Bee Train for all intents and purposes dead, crossing fingers that someone else does the series justice even if it's a continuation.

I had no recollection from this series aside from the general setting and knowing that I had watched it.

Just read my post from above and it seems I was keen for a sequel, so.. yeah, guess I'm keen lol

Well, I wasn't expecting this yet (anichart doesn't have it listed under TV), but this series began this month. We're already 4 episodes in, it's also airing on Amazon Prime.

Watched the opening a bit to see how it looked, looks like they're going for stylish and bloody. At the very least, I think the main VA is much more fitting this time around.

They were certainly going very heavily for their own style, to the point I found it a bit distracting. I've only watched the first couple of eps so far, but I intend to keep watching for the time being. It's such a jolly story.

Ep 4

- - - -

I got used to the director's artistic choices. This has been pretty good so far. The character designs aren't super cute, which suits the story.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Read some of the manga back in the day, but sadly, three episodes in, this adaptation was a bit too "art house" for my liking, and the fights lacked tension, choreography, and payoff. Couldn't get into it, not to mention the seiyu for the main character is in like three other shows this season, playing almost the same character...

Hope y'all enjoy it more than I did.

You should at least finish the manga. It's pretty good. As far as I can remember, it didn't also lose steam towards the end like many others. Although I don't remember it truly well, so I might be wrong.

Episode 5

-- - - -

Dude travelled to Tibet and found some malaria medicine.