Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Series En Fuego

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Um I'm confused. Why is a SEF series in the General Anime section when there is a board dedicated to it? Isn't that sloppy and confusing?
    How about reading some of the posts in this thread?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Druaga....are we going to put it in SEF now? And make a release thread like last time? Or keep it all together?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Druaga....are we going to put it in SEF now? And make a release thread like last time? Or keep it all together?
    Don't know yet.

Blog Entries
    How about adding ToraDora to the SEF section?

It's been getting a nice amount of response from the forum and adding it might be a smart move to increase it even more

Or is the SEF section restricted to only 3 animes at a time?

The current season (and Toradora with it) is almost over though, it seems a little pointless to move it over now.

Unless you are after a derivative thread? Favorite girl poll?

Blog Entries
    A favorite couples poll would also be fun

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'd say leave the SEF alone for now. Regarding the poll, bump Kraco with it. He was quite enthusiastic about that poll subforum before.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I'd say leave the SEF alone for now. Regarding the poll, bump Kraco with it. He was quite enthusiastic about that poll subforum before.
    Seems like the higher powers didn't see fit to proceed with it, so I can't do anything more about it. It was worth a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, like they say.

What comes to En Fuego, I'd deem it appropriate for reserve it for fresher shows of the season. It's true few shows will probably land there right away, but that's a price to pay about trying to gauge what belongs there. However, a show that's already nearing the end is kind of redundant to throw there.

Blog Entries
    A new season means a whole new set of shows for this section right?

So should we start a poll with this season's new series or wait for the response of the forum after watching a couple episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    A new season means a whole new set of shows for this section right?

So should we start a poll with this season's new series or wait for the response of the forum after watching a couple episodes?
    Yes, there'll be new shows... but I think I'll just pick ones on a whim with input from other mods. It's easier that way. Fullmetal Alchemist will surely be in there. Other than that, wait and see how discussions go.

Blog Entries
    Imput from the mods?

Getting the forum's opinions through a poll seems smarter

The number of posts in different series threads pretty much equals to such a poll - or would if there was a real linear correlation. However, after a few years I can already say it's next to impossible to predict the activity of those threads, with few exceptions. I say if there was a correlation, because it's very easy to vote once in a poll. Much easier than keep posting week after week in episode threads especially if the show turns sour.

In any case there hasn't been much En Fuego activity lately. Few thread born in there, only the routine of moving the old episode threads from General Anime.

I'd say keep a closer eye on the Basquash! and Valkirya threads as they seem to be getting a lot of chatter, but other than that it's anyone's guess. Then again it may potentially be "'ZOMG that was awesome,' or 'this played out totally different in the game.' " for the majority of posts in the two series respectively.

At first I would have thought that Queen's Blade would be up there given Claymore and Berserk's relative popularity here, but having seen the promos, it will probably be a little too close to straight-up hentai for the average forum goer. It looks like it would make Ikkitousen blush.

Did FMA used to have its own exclusive forum section like Gundam, Naruto, and Bleach do, or am I remembering something else?

FMA did have his own forum section back then. I'm going to be a bit more patient this time around, and wait till at least 5 episodes are out for a given series before putting it in the section. Tales of the Abyss shouldn't have gone there instead of Toaru Majutsu no Index.

I wish though that people would make more use of the section... I created a couple of threads for Toaru that got some good discussions in my opinion, but no one took the initiative to create any more good discussion threads for that series in particular or any other in there. But then you look in the Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto sections and you see that no one cares to really create worthy discussion threads.

Anyways, when the time comes I'll ask opinions for the couple of series that I think might be worthy if I need it, no use really in discussing this at the moment. Heck, I thought Black God was a given to be in Series en Fuego before the season started.
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 03-31-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Considering some of the criticism from when Code Geass was moved out of the Series en Fuego, here are some options I might consider as we start moving the 3 series that just finished:

1) Merge all the threads regarding a series into one thread, and then move it to GA.

2) Merge all the episode discussion threads and other discussion topics that are not Release Info & Music threads into one thread. Move that GA. After that CLOSE the Release Info & Music threads and move them to GA, but refference them in the sticky thread that is inside SeF called Former "Series En Fuego" Series .

3) Merge all the episode discussions of a series into one thread an move it GA. Then LEAVE all other topics inside SeF (open), even though SeF will no longer be representing that particular series.

Thoughts on any of these ideas? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    2) Merge all the episode discussion threads and other discussion topics that are not Release Info & Music threads into one thread. Move that GA. After that CLOSE the Release Info & Music threads and move them to GA, but reference them in the sticky thread that is inside SeF called Former "Series En Fuego" Series .
    I'm a fan of this idea only there should be a subsection, much like the current "series en fuego", called "former series en fuego" instead of just a sticky

Somehow that would make it look more neat and tidy

I don't want more subsections. You like option 2 more than 3?

I like option 1. Everything pertaining to that series should be together. Music releases, episode releases, discussion, and so on.

One advantage of option 3, is that the search engine of General Anime looks inside SeF, so the threads there will be easy to find.

Option 3 will serve best, I deem. It's not like the old side threads will live forever in En Fuego. They will disappear naturally in time, pushed down by the threads of new series, but those that have some use, like the Release thread, might still get useful updates for us anime archivers. The merged mega thread will keep the series discussion archived in GA, equal to any other series, and usable to anybody who will watch the show a year from now.