Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Series En Fuego

Series En Fuego

Well, looking at how the Code Geass discussion has progressed so far... I'd be comfortable adding a new series to that forum.

I'm thinking of either Tower of Druaga or Soul Eater. What do you guys think? Any other series in mind? I think Soul Eater would make a good choice, with it being 51 episodes and all.

I know I'll keep an eye on Blade of the Immortal for when it finally comes out, but until then I think we can manage to give a bit of more exposure to another series...

With all that said, lets use this thread for whenever any of you want to suggest a new series to move to the Series En Fuego discussion.

I vote for the tower of druaga

I've got to put my opinion towards Soul Eater. I'd rather say Macross, but it doesn't look like it will have reliable subbing nor does the following seem that large this season.

But definitely Soul Eater then. It's long, done by BONES so we know the animation will keep up to standards all season long (excepting that soccer eps of Eureka 7), and it is a staple shonen series of the season.

Those that don't fall into watching Code Geass will more likely be picking up Soul Eater than Druaga. Sounds like a series of good fights, and possibly some stuff to debate about.

It's kind of hard to say which other series will become big over here. And have the status and level of quality to stand on its own next to the brilliant awesomeness of Geass.

But it would make sense and would be viable to have another series there. Soul Eater might work, but does it have enough audience and activity (yet or ever)? Who could predict that...

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I'd say .... if it looks like it might work based on ep 1 discussion, go ahead and move it over before episode 2 drops. If it looks like the discussion's not hot enough after a couple episodes pass, then demote it back to a regular general anime thread.

Least, that's what I'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    I'd say .... if it looks like it might work based on ep 1 discussion, go ahead and move it over before episode 2 drops. If it looks like the discussion's not hot enough after a couple episodes pass, then demote it back to a regular general anime thread.

Least, that's what I'd do.
    I was thinking something like this myself... I think I'll go ahead and do it. Might move both of them, see the type of interaction we get from them after a couple of episodes. But certainly moving Soul Eater for the time being...

In the meantime we can see how the forum handles two or three series at the same time in there.

Well, Code Geass is done...

Suggest some series than could make a good "Series en Fuego" series, and I'll completely obejectively choose one or two shows to move there. Chaos:Head, Tales of the Abyss, and the Index one seem like good choices from what I've seen around...

Thanks.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Definitely Casshern Sins and Chaos;Head
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I vote Tales of the Abyss and Toaru Majutsu no Index.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Of those listed in the posts above, I think you should only add Tales of the Abyss.

So far, it is the only series with a sufficient number of posts to go into the subforum. The interest in Toradora appears to be waning (and not just here), and nothing else has really gained a sufficient following. Index, Casshern and Chaos;Head would only garner a very small number posts per episode.

That said, you could toss in Nodame or CLANNAD, they both have a stronger following here.

Guess I'll add Tales of the Abyss for now when I can.

Clannad, I don't care for... so it's not going. Nodame I like, but with only 11 episodes, I'd preffer a longer series.

I'll keep an eye on the others and see if any gets a lot of interest. I had forgotten about Casshern, will watch it tomorrow and see how it is. Do I need to watch the movie or something before the anime... if any of you knows?

Keep giving me suggestions...
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 10-17-2008 at 05:41 PM.

I believe Casshern Sins is a remake of the old 70s series. There was also a related early 90s OVA (which was pretty good), but again was an alternate retelling. You don't need to watch the movie...ever. It was eye candy and little else.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    I support the addition of Casshern Sins. I also think that, although Tales of the Abyss is by far the most mainstream of the animes I'm watching this season, it's popularity puts it into the En Fuego category.

Other titles I'd like to see more discussion of:

Tytania (hah! unlikely, but it's just one of those kinds of shows I love and most people won't even try... but I suppose it won't make the cut)

And it's some kind of crime that there's only three posts for Ga-Rei Zero People, what the hell? You don't like nasty sci-fi supernatural action?

Chaos;Head is one I haven't looked into yet, but there are a fair amount of posts in there, so maybe eventually...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Tytania seems liek a LoGH type of show, will give it a try later and see how it goes.

I read the manga for Ga-Rei, not sure how it relates to this anime, but I was enjoying the manga.

Was it really necessary to fuse all code geass thread in one? Dunno if I can find the music releases this way...
    Wouldn't it have been better to have another sub-forum to leave old threads of a former serie en fuego? or just let the threads die?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Go Search Boards-> Advanced search -> use the term "[Nipponsei] Code Geass R2", and change setting show results as posts instead of threads. It should give you most, if not all the release posts.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Was it really necessary to fuse all code geass thread in one? Dunno if I can find the music releases this way...
    Wouldn't it have been better to have another sub-forum to leave old threads of a former serie en fuego? or just let the threads die?
    This is the system, and it'll stay as it currently is... use the search function, and you'll find most if not all what you're looking for. Else, there's the download section to ask for such things, so ask there if you can't find what you're looking for.

Anyways, keep suggesting more series.

Why is Casshern NOT in the In Fuegos series ?

Casshern might certainly have the novelty, artistic, and other factors to justify it being there, but does it have enough activity? After three episodes it's still no more than 17 replies.

Noted, but it lacks exposure. And it's an original concept.