Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Well Operation Yashima is different and so is the ending of the first movie, it was quiet shocking!

(Here's Operation Yashima in short, without the EVA scenes etc which were actually even better looking :P,[spoiler]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=dvr7c4lQ5Oo[/spoiler]
    The basic is nearly the same.. but the storie really moves into a different direction... especially @ the end of the first movie... adam is burried in the moon, and the last angel (that boy) is alrdy awake and most likely he will control eva 06 (or 05?) from what i've seen in the preview

They have a Moon base where EVA06 is currently waiting.. EVA 03 will go beserk again and 04 "dissappear" and we are going to see a prototype of EVA 05

this means -> many new characters and a new storie

but ya the first movie is BASICALLY the same till the end.
    shinji fights off 3 angels like he did in the first episodes.. but the fight against Ramiel is just awesome... so much better than in the original series not only because of the animation, but because of the music and SOUNDS... god its so cool when this thing starts screaming out of pain!
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 01:29 PM.

The subtitle file I posted earlier doesn't match the timing of the raw I posted. The "official" Zero-Raws sub file is SRT, which kinda sucks for whose who care. I'll upload a re-timed version of the ASS subtitles later today after I finish watching the movie and confirm whether or not the timing is off by a constant amount throughout the entire movie.

Stay tuned...for those who care. The Zero-Raws video is pretty decent quality.

PS: As soon as I saw this scene, I immediately thought of goatse. I'm sorry if this offends anyone.

Last edited by Board of Command; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 02:14 PM.

This would be great and it would be even greater if you explain to me how to use the ASS file by answering my PM

edit: I just found out that the subs are exactly the same from [NF], so i guess they used the same file then.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 03:57 PM.

As promised, here's the re-timed, fixed and modified subtitles to be used for the Zero-Raws version. I can't guarantee it'll work for other releases. It probably won't.

edit: Uploaded a new version that fixes the title screen subs. Only replace the old one if you're a perfectionist.
    Last edited by Board of Command; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Watched the first hours, wah, im not used to watch something so long.
    Anyway, from that 60 minutes, this seems to be rather for the hardcore NGE-fans...nothing new so far, of course a few different looking scenes...but i wouldnt recommend it to someone who "only" likes NGE.

But im a rather hardcore NGE-fan, so ill keep watching

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    Anyway, from that 60 minutes, this seems to be rather for the hardcore NGE-fans...nothing new so far, of course a few different looking scenes...but i wouldnt recommend it to someone who "only" likes NGE.
    Watch the whole thing before you say something like that (the last 30 minutes were truely the most awesome part) and not only that, but its a "re-make" so what did you except?
    The main part of the story will remain the same, which is actually a good thing because the it is a very mysterious and good one... but it cleary gets into a different direction if you watched the preview. New EVA-Units, new pilots which will sooner or later lead to new fighting scenes and to a new ending... and there are less "angel"-fights.. Rebuild of Evangelion only has 11 angels, the series had like 15.

And the most important thing is that they seem to explain more stuff... especially the "scenario" they are "playing". (keep the moon scene in mind etc)

I don't know why you would recommend the movie only to "hardcore fans".
    It has awesome animation, awesome fighting scenes and awesome Mechas and as mentioned before, a really good story... so it will be new for everyone not only for hardcore fans.
    I'd like to know for example how Shinji will evole in this new storie.. I hope it will be a less "crazy" ending... maybe even a "happy ending"? Shinji x Asuka = <3 maybe ?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 04-29-2008 at 11:52 AM.

Well, yeah, the animation for the third angel was awsome.

But am i wrong, or...does the use of music kinda suck...hard? From my memory, the soundtrack of the original series made a much bigger impact on the respective scene...here it just...is there.

And i didnt know that it was just a visual remake, i thought they´re going to envision a new story development, again.

they are, but not from the very beginning.. I guess the REAL difference will start in the third movie, because thats the point where the original changed extremely... the first part was a bit more comedy etc. while the later part was "extremely" brutal and crazy ^^ (it changed when Shinji got consumed by the big "ball angel")

and actually i liked the music ESPECIALLY the one against the third one Oo... and that soundtrack never appeared in the original, its a new one. The song is very good, its like you watch a WW2-movie.. at has something "heroic" in it because of the choir etc.

that is, if you are talking about the one from 1:25:05 - 1:28:45
    if you mean the other one, where they build up everything and explained the tactic, then it had the exact same feeling... can't feel a difference there.. well maybe it isn't as loud during the bombardment, but thats better this way because the turrets had an amazing firing-sound ^^

it was always meant to be a music for "preparation" etc... if I'm not mistaken the song is even called something like that "Getting prepared" or "Preperation" something like that and I think that track does a good job in this matter.
    To be honest I don't know what you are talking about ^^ the music is decent... its neither "better" or "worse" than in other animes. It wasn't too loud and it wasn't to weak either... it felt the same way in the series. It's nothing outrageous, but far away from "kinda sucked" I think. For me the NGE soundstracks are in the upper part of the "Anime Music Soundtracks-chart-list"
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 04-29-2008 at 02:07 PM.

its neither "better" or "worse" than in other animes.
    I just thought that the music left a bigger impact to me in the original series, but perhaps i just cant remember it exactly

well I'm not sure myself... but I wasn't disappointed with the music at all and when I watched NGE back then (some time passed since I last watched it... I think ~6 years?) I thought "the music is good!", too. But I don't think it was "that" special and as I said, it's the same soundtrack (except if you are talking about the track when he picked up the gun again).. it might be a bit louder in the original series... but not that much of a difference.. actually, it is good that the music is actually a *bit* weaker... because the rifle sounds etc are great ^^.. it was really cool when the shells of the turrets flew towards the Angel, it made a nice "woosh" ^^

Sad thing is that it will be at least another 3 years until we see the other 3 movies.

well 2.0 won't take that long (maybe a few month till its on DVD after its in the cinema) but until the last movie is out... ya it will take very long..
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 04-29-2008 at 04:13 PM.

I had an old Evangelion thread but I'll post here instead I guess.

Since the third and fourth movies are going to be shown alongside each other (i.e. basically one feature) it won't be too long until we see the end of this movie series. Maybe 2009.

The first movie is entirely pointless. It's almost a shot-for-shot remake of the first six episodes with some very minor edits for time and continuity changes. The preview for Evangelion 2.0 is interesting enough though. Maybe Anno is going to pitch this as the definitive Evangelion story.

What does this actually mean "showing along side" etc.? Are they shown directly after each other? or does cinema-1 show 3.0 and cinema-2 4.0?
    And ya 1.0(1) was really 90% the same just with better animation for the first hour... but I wasn't disappointed with it because of the last 30 minutes ^_^

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Maybe Anno is going to pitch this as the definitive Evangelion story.
    Oh shit, he's done that before out of spite. I hope that this time it's in good spirits and will be at least somewhat comprehensible.

What does this actually mean "showing along side" etc.? Are they shown directly after each other? or does cinema-1 show 3.0 and cinema-2 4.0?
    What the hell does it matter? Unless you're planning on flying to Japan, you're question is irrelevant. They're coming out at the same time.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    What the hell does it matter? Unless you're planning on flying to Japan, you're question is irrelevant. They're coming out at the same time.
    just for info maybe?... because I don't understand what it means

isn't it kinda weird if 3.0 and the sequal are in the cinema at the exact same time? because people watch 3.0 normaly first and THEN 4.0... so its just useless for the cinema to show both movies at the exact same time, noone will watch the final if they havn't watched 3.0 before.

and it does matter, because it means that the DVD will also come out at the same time... (most likely)

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Rebuild of Evangelion - EVANGELION 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Original Soundtrack

[Nipponsei] Rebuild of Evangelion - EVANGELION 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Original Soundtrack.zip

Still waiting for an opportunity to download and watch these releases, but meanwhile, OSTs are out.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I just bought the DVD, without having any knowledge of the original series since it was widely advertised by the stores here. So quick question: Will I be able to understand and enjoy the movie? Do I need to watch the series first? I had the impression that it was a standalone movie, based on the text on the back cover....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

absolutely NO problem there

its just a shorter version of the very first episodes of NGE. (episode 1-6, but has new animation the fights are also different, at least the one against Ramiel, thats just pure awesomeness btw :P)
    the story is slighty (or will be) different from the original anyways...

some events are *exactly* the same as in the series and some are new.
    I think the second movie will have more new scenes... and the same goes for the third and fourth...

I can only guess, but I believe the story will surely get different from what I've seen in the preview... also there will be new characters involved...

so all in all... no need for the series.
    I can't remember the series THAT good, but honestly... I didn't miss a single scene in the movie, which leads me to the way of thinking that unimportant things were left out and only the good parts were taken into the movie.

Ah btw, judged from the subtitles (if they are correct) the series has more "angels" attacking humanity... the movie has ~11...12 (?) while the series has 16 or so

but(!) the movie has more EVAs which is very cool :P (EVAs are the mechas which are controlled by humans to defeat the "angels") because they are the best part about the whole story in my opinion.

the series is a bit "fucked up" anyways and (in my opinion) very difficult to understand because it lacks explanations... to put it simple, it plays with your mind and you don't know whats going on there if you are not very good with religions and myths etc. (lance of longinus, adam/eva/lilith and so on....)

So the movie is probably the better thing to start with anyway

edit: lots of edits :/
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 05-24-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Great! Thanks for your explaination. I'll probably find time to watch the movie soon and perhaps post my comments on it.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。