Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

Rebuild of Evangelion

Well i just wondered why isn't there a thread for this anime? (or did i miss it? well the search function didn't find anything too)

I'm a very big NGE fan and when i found that there are alrdy 2 new movies out there called "Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0" and another 2 comming AND a movie with REAL-actors etc, I was like: WTF!!!! why did nobody tell me!!

well it seems its a remake with much better quallity, the story is the same.

it has new scenes etc. here's a link

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=7pfnqsEEEpo (<3 0:52)
    http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=jHahq1...eature=related

does anyone know who subbed this? (did someone sub this at all?)

you know what? i can't wait to see shinji getting absorbed by this "ball-angel"... I loved the scene when he broke out of its body and all the blood spilled on the ground... well basically I want to see the whole stuff again! The best thing is that the ending is different.. in my opinion it was fucked up (why did he do that? it was because of all the otakus around there or something like that right?)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Fri, 04-25-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I knew I shouldn't have spent any money on the Platinum Edition DVDs. Fortunately I only bought 3 of them.

This is a bit of a cash-in from Gainaix. I'm still unsure of how many of these movies will include new material, but I'll probably watch all of them anyway.

Also I wouldn't hold your breath for that live action movie.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I knew I shouldn't have spent any money on the Platinum Edition DVDs. Fortunately I only bought 3 of them.
    are you talking about the old ones? or are the new ones alrdy out?

This is a bit of a cash-in from Gainaix. I'm still unsure of how many of these movies will include new material, but I'll probably watch all of them anyway.
    This might be true but since I wanted to rewatch the whole thing anyways(this is why i came across this), I'm very happy that they actually do it. From what I've read all the movies will have extra material, there are also new characters etc. but you will come across a lot of scenes from the original (better animated).
    The "main story" is the same, so i guess they only made new fighting scenes and some "ladidadida" here and there.

Also I wouldn't hold your breath for that live action movie.
    Hmmm true... I watched Death Note a while back... and was totally dissappointed when it actually came out then :P
    but will it take THAT long?

btw:
    It would be even greater if they include End of Evangelion in the new ending.. I need some Asuka-Berserk with perfect animation! Well then again, End of Evangelion is good enough... it looks great.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 04-26-2008 at 11:49 AM.

I was content with reading the manga (much more detail there), End of Evangelion (with Death and Rebirth for the amazing ending theme and scene of descending Series models) and polishing it all off with [Fakku]'s scans of Re-Take.

Perfect ending for me. Anything more is just shameless milking of the franchise that at this point has more fans due to it's reputation than it's actual quality.

It was my first anime after the Sci-fi Channel dropped Saturday Morning anime films back in the mid 90s, but since then I've seen better mecha and better mindfuck series.

Though I am curious if the Live Action versions will ever really take off. I kind of doubt it because they've been in development, without any real production, for almost 5 years. Not as long as the theoretical Live Action version of American McGee's Alice...but I'm not expecting much.

Do japanese DVDs actually have english subtitles? (If not, are there any groups who said they will sub it? I read on iso-hunt that the DVD is comming out next month or so)

Well, just finished seeing 'You are (not) alone'

It was fantastic... everything was very well done, useless scenes were cut out, and the angels looked freaking amazing with the new animation.

Torrent
    http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=17064

I really can't wait to see Movie 2 with Eva Unit 02, 03, 04, 05 and 06 (yes... new ones!)

Is it the cam version Oo?

Info please ty

KrayZ33, Ryouga, you two just made my day.

Chirst, I've gotta see this before school tomorrow. No sleep for me. -________-
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

So I guess its the DvD since its called 1.01 (?) which is slighty different to the Cinema-movie

hmmm I just wondered why they both have the same file size? both have like 680MB (the cam version and the DVD) even though the quality of the DVD should be much greater. Is .mkv really able to reduce the file size this much?

I'm a bit disappointed with the "berserk voice" (that of Eva-00 was fine but not that of 01 in my opinion).. the scream isn't as thrilling as it is in the original in my opinion, but the rest is really just awesome and exactly what i needed and wanted. (But the subbing seems to be a little low in quality, isn't it?)

One good thing is that they seem to use the same music again if I'm not mistaken, remember that angel which was a "bomb" itself? The three units tried to catch it before it fell on the planet and this guitar song was so great when they started running to the point where it would explode... still one of my favorite anime-songs.

Ah there it is http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=M_1XZ2K2fEE

"AT-FIELD AT MAXIMUM!!!" ahhhh... simply the best scene ever

and i missed Pen-Pen so much, good old times

What the hell is that fortress thingy about when the second angel appeared... thats just too awesome man! I wish I'd live in such a town ^^ I can't remember that in the original... all those turrets and rocket launchers

Not only that but Shinji hat a Gatling gun!! How is it even possible to be a badass like him.. awesome ^^ not only that, but Shinji is REALLY more like a hero in the move than he actually was in the series, maybe its because he looks more like one now? (for example the scene where Misato was scolding him because he ignored her orders). I can't say enough how much I love this even though i watched the series alrdy.
    Good thing that it was so long ago, so everything looks nearly new to me (even though I can remember 90% of the scenes)

edit: btw I think I found a mistake, when the Pyramid-like-angel appeared they said its the 6th angel.. but in the series it was the 5th, the 6th was the one Asuka killed on the ocean. Did I miss someting, or is the translation at fault?
    And this Pyramid angel is really cool in the movie, much better than in the series. This fight alone was worth downloading the whole thing (especially because of the animation) even if it wern't that good, but since it IS good in the first place. there is no problem anyways ^^
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 08:00 AM.

am i doing something wrong?
    just wanted to watch it, but the voices are near un-hearable. Sound-effects are at normal volume, though. What is the matteR? :-/

I think I can answer that, wait a sec

change it to Surround.. in Stereo the voices (and sounds in general) were much weaker in my case

or maybe you want to do it the exact opposite way and play it on stereo and rise the volume.

edit: btw Ikari just said "we have to use everything to kill the last 8 angels"
    wtf? the series had 15 angels (+adam + lilith + lilim), they've killed 3 so far... so the movie only has 11? Thats sad..
    Lilith looks very different to me for example, no its not that she looks different, but wasn't it adam who is in the NERV-hq? why the hell is he on the moon !? I thought that Rei = Lilith?
    Does anybody remember if Shinji ever saw Lilith in the series? I couldn't remember that Misato actually showed him her.

Man this is getting interesting... it really seems to go in a different direction!
    Or at least they try to explain things this time...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 09:03 AM.

For those who are downloading the Anon release and are stuck at around 14% because the seeders suck balls, here's an alternative:

ASS Subs

Get your own raw from somewhere and mux it with the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    edit: btw Ikari just said "we have to use everything to kill the last 8 angels"
    wtf? the series had 15 angels (+adam + lilith + lilim), they've killed 3 so far... so the movie only has 11? Thats sad..
    Lilith looks very different to me for example, no its not that she looks different, but wasn't it adam who is in the NERV-hq? why the hell is he on the moon !? I thought that Rei = Lilith?
    Does anybody remember if Shinji ever saw Lilith in the series? I couldn't remember that Misato actually showed him her.

Man this is getting interesting... it really seems to go in a different direction!
    Or at least they try to explain things this time...
    Its not sad. Its way better. 12 angels. 12 apostles (or whatever you spell it in english).

And did you watch the preview for movie 2.0 at the end of the credits? They talk about Eva Units 02, 03, 04, 05 and 06... this IS already taking a new light. For the better!

I haven't been this excited about Evangelion in ages.

Anon release?

btw where to look who subbed this? animeDB isn't up to date it seems.
    (the torrent Zell posted is very fast btw, if nothing else works just download it and use the ASS subs.. btw how do I add the subtitles to the movie Oo?)

what subs are this? is it from the original DVD? or where are those from?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 10:31 AM.

I don't think there's a fansub for this. The subtitles are from the DVD.

ASS - Advanced Substation Alpha

so its no different from the version I downloaded from Zell? Because if thats true thats kinda dissapointing because not everything was translated (background voices for example) and some things were weird too.

edit: well the torrent i download is from [NF] which is a spanish subbing grp but they subbed it in english... and the torrent has like 2000 seeders. I downloaded it with ~500KB/s

And how do I get the video to load the subtitles you posted?

By the way, this is the raw I'm downloading:

http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6132

It says 1280x720 but I don't know if that's upscaled or not, seeing how it's from a DVD source... It probably is unless it's mislabeled.

The file size is HUUUUUGE... nearly twice as big as the version I got!
    But why should it be mislabeled?
    Is 1280x720 that unusual?

DVD is always 720x480 or 720x576. In other words: standard definition.

ill try watching it later, but question:

is this A LOT differenz than the regular series? the first 2-3 minutes, of what i saw, have been 1:1 the content of my Platinum-series´ content...perhaps with a little different camera angle, may be, but nothing dramatically different.