Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you smile today?

I have quite a bit of money.

I'm not sure at the moment.

i've gotten kickass marks in my classes this semester, which are a week away from ending, and i finally have enough money to pay my fees (albeit four months late ^_^; )

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Lets see, My football season is over so it kinda makes me sad but at the same time overjoyed, NO MORE 5-MAN SLED........ i hate that thing, But yeah i am happy for that and its a wonderful life because of Cheese.... yes i love cheese.

-Spiegel

I found $147 today!

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Found or un-lost?

I received a $5 Tim Hortons coupon today that I ordered about a month ago.

I got to break stuff, there is not like swinging around a 20 pound sledgehammer. Sometimes it feels really good just to destroy something, even better I got paid for it. Wasn't even expecting any payment since it was one of my friend's house, and since I think the fact that he considers me a little brother more than anything kinda didn't want to accept it but he insisted so I guess that just mean that I would be buying some extra rounds when we hang out .

The best part is that i get to do it all over again Saturday. When we; him and a few other friends, are done with the upstairs apartment it is going to be one sweet chilling pad.

It is fun to destroy but it is even better to create, looking forward to recreating the apartment and adding in the detail. This is going to be sweet and fun.

On a side note, it beats going to the gym which i was planning to do on Saturdays and maybe learn to swim since I love the water and I almost drown a couple of times, I should really learn to swim. But that can wait this seems much more fun and rewarding.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    Knowing I still wake up everyday, for better or worse.

Thats what makes me happy everyday
    Didn't you forget to mention doing your part for the continued greatness of Mother Russia?

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    It snowed this morning as I was walking to work. Not hard icy snow, or annoying slushy snow, but beautiful big fluffy snowflakes that drifted down gently to the ground, turning my ghetto student neighbourhood into a fairytale land of sparkling white. I love snow. When I stand outside with the snow floating down all around me, I know I'm glad to be alive. That, and the fact that my immune system has finally started kicking the ass of this cold virus that's been bothering me. Boo-YA! Go immune system!

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

got woot?

This is the opposite of the bitching thread. Got Woot?!? why yes i do !

Yesterday was such a good day. I didn't think it would get much better after I found out that I got the new job I interviewed for on Monday. But while I was at the gym i get a call from the police... They found my stolen car ! WOOOT

So, today i'm going to pick up my car that was stolen which i'm told i will have to bring a flat head screw driver to start it ROFL, and will have to pay around $130 but... owell. Plus, my car that got wrecked will be finished later on today... so i'm going from having no car to having two cars in one day... plus I get to quit my crappy job i've been working the past 3 months that has been taking up my entire friday saturday and sunday. With my new job im going to be getting paid a little more than im making now, working 8-9 less hours and i will have saturday and sunday off like a normal human being. WOOT!

Edit :

Went to pick up the recovered stolen car today, car wouldn't start didn't have enough money with me... goto atm go back... try to jump.. car tries to start... but is out of gas.. goto get gas... come back.. realise that i left important gas can spout attachment in the parking lot while filling the gas can... quickly break a plastic hanger that is in my backseat and shove it in the gas tank to keep the thing open... successfully fill with 1 1/4 gallons gas, car still does not start end up having to pay 115 to tow back enar my house. Lesson of the day ??

if one should ever find themself in desperate need of a car and happen to have a flat head screw driver; just look for a 94-97 honda accord and it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to get it running. i even started up the car next to mine in the impound cause i as bored waiting for the tow truck (with the screw driver i had) ROFL
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Wed, 06-13-2007 at 10:38 PM.

There is a similar thread to this one.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14070

Merged! =)

-KitKat
    Last edited by KitKat; Wed, 06-13-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    BOC, I already read about this on facebook.

How about some news, huh?

Also, I'm not really sure what AMD is, but Wikipedia indicates that it's probably kinda cool. Congratulations.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

It's not really AMD. I'll be going to ATI's video card benchmarking department. It's a 4-month placement. In the latter half of the term, I might be working with engineering samples that don't "exist" in the public yet.

:drools:

i was supposed to have a day off from work today, so i was planning to sleep in. of course you know what happened: i got a call at 8:50am asking me to come in because someone called in sick. man, was i pissed. i was stomping around at work scowling and repeating "i am very angry at the world" in my head. but then i got to work with a coworker that i really like, and i got off work early and played video games for a bit, and then it was a gorgeous day out, so i went and spent an hour and a half at chapters sitting around and reading books i didn't intend to buy, and then i did buy a book, so in the end it turned out alright. uh, yay!

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Finally got financial aid coming in that is going to pay for this fall and spring 2008 semesters so excited. This is going to help me out so much since i have been paying for all my classes and books with my own hard earned money.

I just spent the day with my little sister and her best friends. It's always nice to have little kids around to remind you of the good things in life.

Things are also just generally looking up. I think that warrants posting in this thread, for no reason other than "I feel like it".

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Today I finally my order from Amazon that I wasn't expecting until a few days from now.

It's a songbook, Standing in the Shadows of Motown, dedicated to the famous Motown bassist James Jamerson. It's pretty awesome since it's got about 40 or so song transcriptions in it, and a CD to go along with it (with the bass part isolated on the left - which is amazingly convenient). Also, the CD is actually recorded by a bunch of other famous bass players, like John Entwistle of The Who, Jack Bruce, and Geddy Lee.

Fucking beautiful.