Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you smile today?

I had my 2nd Philosophy midterm and my Management Information Systems final exam today and I'm smiling because I got through this day! XD

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    This guy wandered into my back yard some time this afternoon:

He looked cold, so I gave him a hat:

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Is it normal for green grass and snow to reside in near proximity?

My grass starts dying in winter where it's no where near snowing temperature. It's probably due to the dryness though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Texas weather is like that. Earlier this week it was a little chilly, today it snowed, tomorrow it will be mostly sunny in the mid 70s F.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    @ Xan: So cute!!!

Today I went to the shooting range. Apparently every Friday night is ladies night there, so women get free admission and only have to pay for ammo and targets. Despite growing up on a farm, I'd never actually shot a gun before. It was a little bit scary at first, but once you get into it, it's kinda like a high-powered video game. Great fun! I tried out 4 different guns (all 9mm's), and was surprised at how big of a difference there was between them. I'm looking forward to the next girls night out at the shooting range to try some different types of guns.

When Kobe Bryant made that last second 3 pointer at the buzzer for the win over Miami's Dwayne Wade! That was intense!
    Last edited by LaZie; Sat, 12-05-2009 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    Today I went to the shooting range. Apparently every Friday night is ladies night there, so women get free admission and only have to pay for ammo and targets. Despite growing up on a farm, I'd never actually shot a gun before. It was a little bit scary at first, but once you get into it, it's kinda like a high-powered video game. Great fun! I tried out 4 different guns (all 9mm's), and was surprised at how big of a difference there was between them. I'm looking forward to the next girls night out at the shooting range to try some different types of guns.
    Aww, my medicine made me pass out and miss your shooting range story in the channel .

Range/sport shooting is indeed expensive, but that's awesome that the range has a ladies night event.

The fact that you felt well enough to go and had a great time made me smile today..

Three guys tried to rob my uncle when he was in China. He knocked one of them out and the other two left carrying the third on their shoulders.

Man, I laughed hard.

weed

and the sky was clear so during the night tripped and watched a shitload of stars

My sister sent me a care package filled with snacks and drinks for keeping toasty while I study for finals. What a great sister!

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie
    When Kobe Bryant made that last second 3 pointer at the buzzer for the win over Miami's Dwayne Wade! That was intense!
    Yeah that was boss. I got home late and only caught the last 30 seconds of the game, but it was all worth it.

Miami woulda won the game if they didn't do so terribly from the line. They'd be in overtime most likely too if D-Wade didn't split his free throws.

I got one of them new "iTouch"es. It took me a while to get it out of its package, but it was well worth it. Now, I just have to catch up on all these Apple and iPod features, background and technical jazz I was ignoring for the last five years...

I completed my first marathon this morning. Now my body feels like it's going to break anytime.....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Sumotori made me smile today.
    Seriously. Watch the gameplay demos.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Seeing these in the mail:

EDIT: uploaded smaller image
    Last edited by fahoumh; Sat, 12-12-2009 at 12:07 PM.

I think I'm about to reach my GPA goal of a minimum of B+ for all of my classes this semester.

considering i started 1st year with an average of C+, I'm pretty stoked about that

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Squiggles
    I think I'm about to reach my GPA goal of a minimum of B+ for all of my classes this semester.

considering i started 1st year with an average of C+, I'm pretty stoked about that
    Congrats man. Is your school on the +/- system? Mine is implementing it next semester. Currently I have a 2.79 GPA. With hopefully an A and 2 Bs this semester, I should be closer to a B GPA too.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

For a limited time, Australian University/TAFE students can purchase Windows 7 Home Premium for $50AUD.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    For a limited time, Australian University/TAFE students can purchase Windows 7 Home Premium for $50AUD.

Wow, that's cheap.